The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report]Doan's July 16th deadline no longer exists

I know Hockeyy Insiderr is not considered a valid source, but he said this earlier. I can believe it.

Doan update: other than #Coyotes, Doan is thinking about 5 offers ON THE TABLE as of right now #SJSharks #Canucks #LAKings#Blackhawks #Habs

So basically, we'll need further info, but apparently the 4th & 5th teams are the Blackhawks and Canadiens to submit an offer.

I hope that Gambo guy will report something like this soon.

I know Hockeyy Insiderr is not considered a valid source, but he said this earlier. I can believe it.

Doan update: other than #Coyotes, Doan is thinking about 5 offers ON THE TABLE as of right now #SJSharks #Canucks #LAKings#Blackhawks #Habs

So basically, we'll need further info, but apparently the 4th & 5th teams are the Blackhawks and Canadiens to submit an offer.

I hope that Gambo guy will report something like this soon.

I'm ok with loyalty, but he's proving to be illogical at this point.

1. You're a hockey player Doan and you retire when you're around 40. You have another 30-40 years of life to bond with your family and make up for all that time you spent at the gym or the rink away from them. Use it then

2. You DESERVE a Stanley Cup. You're captain Canada. You've done it all. Come back to your homeland and cross one off the bucket list. Most notable NHL players (SUNDIN, LINDEN, HASEK) regret not winning a cup for the rest of their lives. It's what they deserve, and what you deserve, so go get it.

3. B.C. is like a second home to Doan, and although there may be fewer golf courses, and fewer evangelical churches, his family will most surely make a good adjustment. And if they don't, then send them back to Phoenix.

To conclude. Family is important, but if Doan invested 2 years into the Canucks he'd have a much better shot at winning the cup than in Phoenix. His family can wait a couple years to see him. And once Doan does retire, he can see his family EVERY DAY for the rest of his life.

What parent can say that? That at 40 they retired and see their family all the time. Doan is a lucky man, but if he wants to go on the rest of his life regretting not taking a shot at the Cup while he had a chance, then I would suggest continuing to stay loyal to the Yotes and not seeing the big LIFE ACCOMPLISHMENT/CAREER picture here.

2. You DESERVE a Stanley Cup. You're captain Canada. You've done it all. Come back to your homeland and cross one off the bucket list. Most notable NHL players (SUNDIN, LINDEN, HASEK) regret not winning a cup for the rest of their lives. It's what they deserve, and what you deserve, so go get it.

This is just a case of a player deciding what is best for him, this is not him being a "class act". His first choice is clearly Phoenix, he is settled there, has a ranch and loves life there. What he is doing is trying desperatly to get assurances that the team will stay there. If he can't be assured of that then he will look elsewhere and choose another location. But he will wait as long as he can for that and that means tough for all the other teams if they have to put their plans on hold until HE decides where HE wants to make his millions next year. And if he was so desperate to be on a contender team then he would be gone from Phoenix already.

This is just a case of a player deciding what is best for him, this is not him being a "class act". His first choice is clearly Phoenix, he is settled there, has a ranch and loves life there. What he is doing is trying desperatly to get assurances that the team will stay there. If he can't be assured of that then he will look elsewhere and choose another location. But he will wait as long as he can for that and that means tough for all the other teams if they have to put their plans on hold until HE decides where HE wants to make his millions next year. And if he was so desperate to be on a contender team then he would be gone from Phoenix already.

Archived