The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should I play my playoff roller hockey game if...

Hyzer

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Long story short: Got 3 stitches right below my mouth on the left side of the chin (got them this morning at 4am). Was wondering if you think it'd be okay to play for my Sunday roller game with it taped over with gauze and wearing a full cage, instead of a visor. Funny thing is, my own teammate highsticked me too.

TL;DR: Got 3 stitches, have playoff game on Sunday. Should I play with a cage instead of visor?

I can post a picture if anyone wants to see...

Haha I once got 3 stitches on my chin from playing roller hockey. I was skating...i mean rolling into the corner to get a loose puck and my rollerblades hit the defensemans rollerblade and I fell to the ground and smacked my chin on the floor,

I ended up being down on the ground for several minutes and then got taken off on a stretcher. Similar to that fan at an NBA game a few years back when Garnett through the ball and it accidentally hit the fan and he played it up big time.

I did go the hospital that night, luckily the wait wasn't very long and got stitched up. I then missed 2 weeks of work and missed maybe 5-6 games.

However it wasn't playoffs, but if it was I would have totally toughed it out.

Come on. If you don't play through that then you can't call yourself a hockey player. In the finals for our roller hockey league my friend got high sticked and he just rinsed out his mouth with some water, spit the blood out and finished the game. We found out afterwards that he needed 3 stitches, he had a cut open tongue, he had 3 chipped teeth, and he needed to have root canals on those 3 teeth. Actually after the swelling went down a few weeks later and he went in for a check-up they cut open his lip and found chips of his teeth in there and... PART OF A ******* HOCKEY STICK.

But yeah if you don't play through that then you can't call yourself a hockey player.

I wonder if the OP's teammates were like, "Hey hyZar, you think you will be able to play in our playoff game after getting stitches?"

Then hyZar says: "Im not too sure yet, but I think I will go on CDC and ask all those people what they think I should do, then make my decision then"

* Blank stares*

I wonder if the OP's teammates were like, "Hey hyZar, you think you will be able to play in our playoff game after getting stitches?"

Then hyZar says: "Im not too sure yet, but I think I will go on CDC and ask all those people what they think I should do, then make my decision then"

* Blank stares*

Archived