The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2004 hockey futures thread on Kesler

Langdon Algur

Well TBH, take away the PPGs, he is a 20-30 goal guy. For a guy projected as a 2-way player, those aren't usually the types of players you see on a top powerplay unit.

It's always easier to look back and say people were wrong than to say someone projected a player nicely (without being irrational). I.e. Saying Burrows will be a 30 goal scorer 10 years ago probably could've gotten you banned for trolling.

That's why I laugh at people who say that our prospects suck, and look at other teams prospects and say they're all going to be stars.

Nobody can project a players potential, because nobody knows the hard work that these players put in behind the scenes.

A player can have all the talent in the world, but if they don't have the work ethic, like Kesler does, they're likely not going to amount to anything.

If a player's development was completely based on rankings and potential, no player drafted past the third round would likely ever make the NHL.

That's why I laugh at people who say that our prospects suck, and look at other teams prospects and say they're all going to be stars.

Nobody can project a players potential, because nobody knows the hard work that these players put in behind the scenes.

A player can have all the talent in the world, but if they don't have the work ethic, like Kesler does, they're likely not going to amount to anything.

If a player's development was completely based on rankings and potential, no player drafted past the third round would likely ever make the NHL.

I'm glad people are mentioning Gaunce. The first thing I thought of when reading the posts here about him was how people talked about Kesler when he was drafted. Lets hope he's of the same mould.

Archived