172 replies to this topic

#61 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,869 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

...Not very often do filmmakers make a perfect film, but Ang Lee has a terrific gift (don't see Hulk though)...

Please tell me you've seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon though.

That movie is the shiznit!
Posted Image

#62 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8e7ECdG69U

It's not Saving Private Ryan, or Breaker Morant, or even Braveheart. But it's a great film. I never understood why Mark Lee didn't go on to fame like Mel Gibson.

Hey. Did you ever see Dances with Wolves?
Posted Image

#63 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Here is one of my favs.........

Posted Image
Posted Image

#64 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

Posted Image

Ratatouille.

In my opinion, Pixar's best movie.

I still haven't seen The Incredibles, though. Ratatouille is done by the same director as The Incredibles, and the tragically under appreciated Iron Giant. Brad Bird is kind of an animated film genius, I think.

Ratatouille's strong point is its subtlety. The movie relies on great character development, and the humour is much more, uh, 'adult.' That isn't to say it's sexual, or suggestive, or any of that, but it's not really a movie kids will easily get, especially when you factor in its long run time.

What makes Ratatouille so great is that it goes easy on the obnoxious chase sequences and sentimentality that Pixar loves to beat the viewer over the head with. Yeah, there's some sentimentality in the movie, and even one or two chase scenes, but they're not nearly as in your face as the ones in, say, Up, or something. Again, the movie thrives on subtlety.

If you've never seen Ratatouille, and you like animated movies, cooking, Paris... or rats.. definitely check this one out. The last 20-30 minutes or so are so rewarding. Great conclusion to the movie.

Critical achievement: 96% on RT based on 217 votes, average rating 8.4/10.

Edited by GLASSJAW, 17 July 2012 - 10:29 AM.

Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#65 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

Please tell me you've seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon though.

That movie is the shiznit!

It's been about 7 years since I last watched it, but it was fantastic.I also have to say that I know Starship Troopers has no place being in anybody's top 5 films. There are about 2000 other movies more well done and important. It's just there because I have a hell of a time watching it. It is, afterall, my favourite films, not what movies I believe to be the best. If that was the case, my list would look a lot different.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#66 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image

Ratatouille.

I still haven't seen The Incredibles, though. Ratatouille is done by the same director as The Incredibles, and the tragically under appreciated Iron Giant. Brad Bird is kind of an animated film genius, I think.

Ratatouille's strong point is its subtlety. The movie relies on great character development, and the humour is much more, uh, 'adult.' That isn't to say it's sexual, or suggestive, or any of that, but it's not really a movie kids will easily get, especially when you factor in its long run time.

What makes Ratatouille so great is that it goes easy on the obnoxious chase sequences and sentimentality that Pixar loves to beat the viewer over the head with. Yeah, there's some sentimentality in the movie, and even one or two chase scenes, but they're not nearly as in your face as the ones in, say, Up, or something. Again, the movie thrives on subtlety.

If you've never seen Ratatouille, and you like animated movies, cooking, Paris... or rats.. definitely check this one out. The last 20-30 minutes or so are so rewarding. Great conclusion to the movie.

Ratatouille is a fantastic animated feature, but after viewing it for probably the third time, it's just not as great as I once thought it was. I would easily put it in the top 5 ever made, but not number one; at least, not for me anyway.

Personally for me, my top 5 favourite animated features are, in no particular order:

Ratatouille
Sword in the Stone
The Emperors New Groove
Monsters Inc
The Incredibles

Edited by Monty, 17 July 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#67 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

For a Pixar movie, I thought Ratatouille is one of the black sheep in the family.

As the movie started, the breaking of the glass to the in focus perspective of the rat.. it seemed like a very bumpy and unsmooth introduction. It ran too fast into the plot and characters. I didn't feel attached to any of the people on screen, just wanted to see what was next. This isn't Pixar.

Pixar is legendary for making us feel towards the characters, wanting them to succeed and also putting us a state of awe inspiring chemistry between plot and message. Toy Story had a wonderful plot, a wonderful message, and themes.

Though Toy Story is near #1, I suppose it's unfair to match Ratatouille to such a movie, but let's take another one for example: Monster's Inc.

A very classic cornerstone of Pixar's image and direction. Seamlessly taking a concept beyond imagination, bringing it to the comprehension of a child, and yet also capturing the hearts of any aged person watching, Monster's Inc is truly a movie to smile about. This is also Pixar.

I am hesitant to share the same opinion that Ratatouille is an incredible movie, but it is good nonetheless.
I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#68 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

I watched Gattaca the other night, starring Ethan Hawke and Jude Law. I've seen bits and pieces on TV before but I had never watched the whole thing.

I highly recommend it. It's part murder mystery, part sci-fi, part drama and takes place in a futuristic society where humans are genetically engineered to be stronger and smarter. The most interesting part of the movie for me is the contrast between the main characters. Genetically superior Eugene (Law) has everything going for him and every opportunity to succeed, but is depressed because he falls just short of his lofty expectations for himself. Genetically inferior Vincent (Hawke), has nothing going for him but his ambition and drive to accomplish his dream and must overcome his many disadvantages to succeed.

It's an older one so probably lots of you have seen it, but if you haven't it's worth it.

Edited by JustJokinen!, 17 July 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#69 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,869 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

It's been about 7 years since I last watched it, but it was fantastic.I also have to say that I know Starship Troopers has no place being in anybody's top 5 films. There are about 2000 other movies more well done and important. It's just there because I have a hell of a time watching it. It is, afterall, my favourite films, not what movies I believe to be the best. If that was the case, my list would look a lot different.

I totally hear you. A movie doesn't have to be "Incredible" to the masses for it to be a personal favourite.

Tiger In The Snow is like that. It's got it's flaws, so I couldn't say it should be considered one of histories' greatest movies. However, for my personal tastes, it is definitely one of my favourite of all time.

There's also movies that make me laugh and remind me of my youth. So another one of my faves would be UHF...but from a universal critical standpoint, it's not a great movie at all.
Posted Image

#70 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

I totally hear you. A movie doesn't have to be "Incredible" to the masses for it to be a personal favourite.

Tiger In The Snow is like that. It's got it's flaws, so I couldn't say it should be considered one of histories' greatest movies. However, for my personal tastes, it is definitely one of my favourite of all time.

There's also movies that make me laugh and remind me of my youth. So another one of my faves would be UHF...but from a universal critical standpoint, it's not a great movie at all.

UHF is absolutely hilarious. I honestly never laugh harder than I do during the Spatula City commercial. Just hoards of people flocking to an industrial warehouse full of spatulas. Cart fulls of spatulas!

#71 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

For a Pixar movie, I thought Ratatouille is one of the black sheep in the family.

As the movie started, the breaking of the glass to the in focus perspective of the rat.. it seemed like a very bumpy and unsmooth introduction. It ran too fast into the plot and characters. I didn't feel attached to any of the people on screen, just wanted to see what was next. This isn't Pixar.

Pixar is legendary for making us feel towards the characters, wanting them to succeed and also putting us a state of awe inspiring chemistry between plot and message. Toy Story had a wonderful plot, a wonderful message, and themes.

Though Toy Story is near #1, I suppose it's unfair to match Ratatouille to such a movie, but let's take another one for example: Monster's Inc.

A very classic cornerstone of Pixar's image and direction. Seamlessly taking a concept beyond imagination, bringing it to the comprehension of a child, and yet also capturing the hearts of any aged person watching, Monster's Inc is truly a movie to smile about. This is also Pixar.

I am hesitant to share the same opinion that Ratatouille is an incredible movie, but it is good nonetheless.

I guess it's a matter of perspective, isn't it? As Anton Ego, in Ratatouille says, nobody has any perspective, so if they make the food, he'll provide the perspective. I guess we're all our own Ego!

What you dislike (or I guess, what makes you rate it lower than I) about the film is exactly what I like about it. Toy Story, and--ugh--Up both manipulate the viewer to such intense degrees that I get kind of annoyed. What you refer to as Pixar's legendary ability to make the viewer "feel for the characters," to me, is just unnecessarily taxing emotional manipulation. Now, of course, all movies are, to some degree, manipulative. I just feel some filmmakers take it too far, and Pixar is regularly guilty of it, as are the likes of Spielberg, Ron Howard, and to some degree, Eastwood, or other modern classic Hollywood directors.

Ratatouille is amazing, in my opinion, because it steps above and beyond what I expect from a Pixar movie. It still has the emotional rewards of the other movies (I think the last 20 minutes of the film are just as emotional, and happy-sad as any Toy Story movie, yet without the forced element), and the visuals are, I think, great. The detail in such simple environments, the depiction of Paris, or French culture, and the slow burn of unlikable characters-cum-likable, to me, is way more rewarding than the in-your-face Toy Story approach. Even the ridiculously simple message of Ratatouille is presented as "anyone can cook!" -- yet, when you watch the movie, it's infinitely much more than that.

I understand why some don't like it (as much as I do, or other Ratatouille lovers), but I can't help but put it way above the likes of Monsters Inc, and match it with Lion King and Aladdin, which I only hold in such high regard for their nostalgic value, rather than any objective genius, or something.

EDIT: this isn't meant to hate on Toy Story, either. I really enjoyed it, I just don't feel the need to watch it any time soon. Whereas I watch Ratatouille a couple times a year.

Edited by GLASSJAW, 17 July 2012 - 03:26 PM.

Posted Image

#72 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Shawshank Redemption

Pride & Prejudice

The Hunt for Red October

Platoon

#73 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

I'm also curious as to how Ang Lee will handle Life of Pi.

I thought Crouching Tiger was an amazing movie back in the day, but haven't seen it for a few years.

Ang Lee's American movies haven't been well received as of late, so I was a bit skeptical of his appointment as director. For those who followed the process, Life of Pi went through like 10,000 different writers and directors before Ang Lee was settled. I'm pretty sure the film was in production limbo for about 6 years, before Lee took over.
Posted Image

#74 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

Mulholland Drive.
It would take a while to get into why I thought it was incredible.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#75 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

American Gangster

While based on a true story a lot of the movie is fictional, but nevertheless great acting by both Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe. An honourable mention to Ruby Dee who portrayed Frank Lucas' (Denzel's character) mother, which I think she got an Academy Award nomination. I really enjoyed how the movie portrays both leading characters in their own scenes and subplots in a predominantly mutually exclusive manner up to the point where Russell arrests Denzel at the end of the movie. At this point do the main characters finally "meet" each other after a wild goose chase of confronting mass police corruption, evidence collecting and using informants and whatnot. It also serves as a good history lesson as to how rampant heroin abuse emerged in Harlem during the Vietnam War. The streets of Harlem were definitely depicted as raw; top notch marks for authenticity.

While not my favourite movie of all time, it's up there. I'd say top 10. Probably Ridley Scott's last good movie that he directed (haven't seen Prometheus yet).

Edit: Here's the arrest scene I was talking about. The music is quite fitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3QyTiNVwWA

My all-time favourite movie, ever. Sickest gangster movie ever made, and its just wowing.....sad to hear when you talk about it and some people haven't even heard of it when they watch lots of movies....This should be a must for everyone to watch.

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#76 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

My all-time favourite movie, ever. Sickest gangster movie ever made, and its just wowing.....sad to hear when you talk about it and some people haven't even heard of it when they watch lots of movies....This should be a must for everyone to watch.

Please don't tell me you think American Gangster is better than the Godfather or Goodfellas? Are we equating "gangster" with "mafia" movies, here? Please say no!
Posted Image

#77 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

Please don't tell me you think American Gangster is better than the Godfather or Goodfellas? Are we equating "gangster" with "mafia" movies, here? Please say no!

Spoiler

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#78 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,548 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

Mulholland Drive.
It would take a while to get into why I thought it was incredible.

You seen The Elephant Man? Probably David Lynch's most "normal" movie. Brilliantly shot, and a really, really interesting subject about the deformed dude from the 19th century. As far as 80's movies go, it definitely stands the test of time, and Anthony Hopkins gives one of his best performances. Great sets too, especially if you're into that eerie old world, foggy London street vibe.
Posted Image

#79 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

You seen The Elephant Man? Probably David Lynch's most "normal" movie. Brilliantly shot, and a really, really interesting subject about the deformed dude from the 19th century. As far as 80's movies go, it definitely stands the test of time, and Anthony Hopkins gives one of his best performances. Great sets too, especially if you're into that eerie old world, foggy London street vibe.

I have not seen it yet. I have been putting off watching it for a while now. I think I'll go watch it now.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#80 Thrill-House

Thrill-House

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Posted Image

Ratatouille.

To be honest I wasn't too thrilled about Ratatouille when I watched it a few years back. But I think i'll give it another shot.

It certainly isn't a very conventional "Pixar" film and it should be commended for that. What threw me off was the confusion between the two protagonists: the main guy and the main rat (sorry, don't know their names). I didn't feel any chemistry between the two. Unlike Woody and Buzz who were the perfect rivals/partners. (Sorry for the toy Story bias lol)

What I found most frustrating was the main guy. He should be the main protagonist but I have no attachment or empathy for him whatsoever. Normally I side with and enjoy stories with a beta male because I can relate. But they just made him into a sad pitiful man. I liked the Colette character though.

I studied animation for my post secondary education and i think I was the only one in my classes who wasn't crazy over Ratatouille.

The environments were quite stunning though.
Posted Image

#81 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

I recently read up on JJ Abram's lens flare technique and it seems to have caused quite a stir among film critics. Does anyone else heard much about this?

Here are some parodies and links to his lens flare technique.. the titanic one is super hilarious.

I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#82 mcgillnuck

mcgillnuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

Good idea for a thread. The "rate the last movie you saw" thread is kind of fun to browse, but most of the time I just find myself asking whether I saw the same movie the poster did. 21 Jump Street is not a 10/10 on any scaled I can think of.

Thoughts on some previously mentioned films:

Super 8 - I saw this film under the stars at a midnight showing at a drive-in move theater in a field bordering a forest, and even in that ideal environment I couldn't get into it. I remember being really impressed with Elle Fanning, and loving everything up to the train crash, but it really got bogged down in Spielbergian melodrama from that moment onward. And I can't remember why right now but I remember really hating the ending.

The Prestige - I haven't seen this since it came out, and while I didn't love it then my taste in film has changed a lot since I was in high school. I'll give it another shot.

Super Troopers - It might be my #5 favourite film as well. You can watch it on a purely superficial level and be entertained, or you can turn your brain on and really enjoy it on a satirical level as well. It's really too bad that so many people didn't get the satire when it first came out. Also the special effects hold up incredibly well for a decade old film. Verhoeven is one of my favourite directors.

Mulholland Drive - Easily in my top 10 favourite films ever. I've seen it maybe a dozen times in my life and I get something new out of it every time. Lynch is another one of my favourite directors (I'm working my way through Twin Peaks right now).

A couple of my all-time favourites:

There Will be Blood: I walked out of the theater with my jaw on the floor thinking "holy crap, that was the best movie I've ever seen." The story takes the founding pillars of America, capitalism and religion, strips them of any semblance of morality and pits them against each other. Everything from the Johnny Greenwood soundtrack to DDL's performance to the amazing cinematography struck an incredible chord. If you haven't seen it I can't recommend it enough. Actually anything PTA does is gold. Magnolia is in my top-10 as well, and I can't wait for The Master later this year.

Sunshine: This film is justifiably criticized for falling apart in the last act, but up until then it's one of the best sci-fi flicks ever made. The ship is supposed to be filled with humanity's best and brightest, and unlike a recent sci-fi film that just came out, they actually act like it. When things go wrong it's not due to stupid decisions, and so you really end up hoping these people in this impossible situation make it out OK. Also the cinematography is phenomenal and the John Murphy score is really, really good.

True Romance: Probably the most purely entertaining film I've ever seen. It was written by Tarantino but directed by Tony Scott, so you get the great dialogue but it doesn't overstay it's welcome like it does in some other Tarantino films (Jackie Brown for instance). The story's great, the soundtrack is fantastic, and there are a couple of scenes here that rank among cinema's best, thanks in large part to some great character acting by a really talented cast (Christopher Walken, Gary Oldman, Dennis Hopper, Brad Pitt, Samuel L. Jackson, Val Kilmer, James Gandolfini). And most of those guys are only in 1 or 2 scenes.

Props to canuckbuddy for the sig

#83 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

Hmm something about There Will Be Blood just doesn't do it for me. Whether if it was just the unique plot or characters, I felt like I was watching something I knew little about.

On a side note, I was browsing RottenTomatoes and noticed Moonlight Kingdom scored a 94% with all critics, 98% with top critics, and a 91% with audiences... Has anyone heard much about this film?
I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#84 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Comments on The Prestige:

In any good story, it's always best for the audience to feel attached the protagonist. It gives a sense of value to what's happening in the movie as well as giving the director an ability to throw out his message more intentionally.

In The Prestige, who did you really side with? Did we all feel very sympathetic with Robert (Hugh Jackman), or did we feel more sympathetic with Alfred (Christian Bale)?

Or would you disagree with the premise of the question and regard this film to be unique, not having any feelings towards either and more of an entertainment to see it all unfold?
I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#85 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

Number 3 favourite film of all time, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit."

I first watched WFRR in the theatres when I was 6 years old, and it has stuck with me ever since. There is absolutely nothing about this movie that I don't love. Obviously it brings me back to childhood, but I find that it has held up so incredibly well after all these years.

Robert Zemeckis' early work was really a delight to watch. " I Want To Hold Your Hand," "Romancing The Stone," "Back to the Future," and "Forrest Gump." Zemeckis really had a strong hand at putting together films that were really a delight to watch. His latest work has not been very good at all, and do not channel what he once was able to create. I used to hear my grandparents talk about how going to films in the 20s, 30s, and 40s was a magical experience. I can honestly say that the only time I have felt like going to the theatres was a magical experience, was when I exposed to Robert Zemeckis' films.

To me, that is what Who Framed Roger Rabbit was like. It was a truly magical experience. To see Bob Hoskins on screen with Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse. Truly fantastic. There is nothing about this film that I have any complaints or issues with.

Thank you Benny the Cab, Toon Patrol, Baby Herman, Judge Doom, and Marvin Acme for making my childhood such a delight.

#86 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hmm something about There Will Be Blood just doesn't do it for me. Whether if it was just the unique plot or characters, I felt like I was watching something I knew little about.

On a side note, I was browsing RottenTomatoes and noticed Moonlight Kingdom scored a 94% with all critics, 98% with top critics, and a 91% with audiences... Has anyone heard much about this film?

It's a Wes Anderson film. Very big movie in smaller circles.

Posted Image

#87 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,869 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

That's the new Wes Anderson film, about the kids who run away. Stars Bill Murray and Ed Norton.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking forward to it a lot. I'm a big Wes Anderson fan (Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums, Fantastic Mr. Fox...).

Edited by D-Money, 19 July 2012 - 03:51 PM.

Posted Image

#88 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Law Abiding Citizen.

One of the most exciting and intriguing movie I've ever seen. It's incredibly underrated for some reason and doesn't get the hype/consideration it truly deserves.

What's the movie about? (Spoiler free, hopefully :P ) : a 'criminal' - Clyde - gets put behind bars after he takes revenge on someone who did something that changed his life. Before the life changing incident occurred, he was a normal man you can say with good intentions. The 2 who did the actions are taken to court but are not proven guilty becuse of no DNA evidence. Clyde is astonished that his lawyer, Rice, cannot close the case as he settles with the other lawyer. One of the person who changed his life was later arrested 10 years down the road and during his death sentence, something goes incredibly wrong. After taking vengeance on him, he goes after and slaughters the other person who changed his life and is then sentenced to prison. There, he doesn't stop. "The system must pay", is is his motif for the poor penalties and charges the courts have done and in prison locked behind bars, he still manages to slaughter those involved in the district attorney and others related to it while telling Rice exactly what he is capable and will do; Rice is in charge of stopping all this.

...I suck at explaining, but watch the trailer, it's an awesome movie and it won't let you down.

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#89 Humble Rodent

Humble Rodent

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

I watched The Prestige, as per D Money's suggestion. I wasn't expecting a whole lot, as I'm not fond of the cast, and I almost passionately dislike Christopher Nolan's work as a director (sorry, Monty). I just find his work is often mis"read" as being a lot deeper than it actually is.

Not even Memento? I would agree with you in regards to the Batman series and especially inception.

Posted Image

#90 Humble Rodent

Humble Rodent

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

I can vouch for Moonrise Kingdom. It's a Wes Anderson film, and you can tell obviously. It had a more action-adventure oriented aspect than most of his other movies, which I thought suited surprisingly well. The performances are all great. Easily my favourite movie of 2012 so far.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.