Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cnixon86

Luo not being dealt

100 posts in this topic

Is it possible that Luongo will not get dealt for what we want and get parked in the minors like Redden? I know he's obvioulsy on a 1way contract but not sure if they can some how send him down.

No, because he's still a formidable starting goalie for us. He's still a good deal, bad term.

He can be sent to the minors. One way contract just means he makes the same salary regardless if he's playing in the AHL or NHL. Putting him on waivers would be silly though, if he's going to stay we might as well use him and split the games with Schneider. He's still a great goaltender.

Edit: Also if we put him on waivers he'd probably get poached by another team and we'd lose him for nothing... so yeah, bad idea.

putting him in the minors would be retarded, if he is not dealt we'll have Luongo and Schneider splitting the goaltending duties next year

If we send him down he will never reach the minors.

One of the teams we are negotiating with will claim him.

Then Gillis will look like an idiot and it would probably destroy his rep as one of the better GM's in the league.

i am pretty sure if MG wanted he could have it done today but it will be lopsided

Is it possible that Luongo will not get dealt for what we want and get parked in the minors like Redden? I know he's obvioulsy on a 1way contract but not sure if they can some how send him down.

LU will not play for the Wolves. If he stays in Vancouver he will split time with Schneider.

Seriously ??? There needs to be a training session for people under 50 posts....who are not allowed to make threads. There's 10 million threads on Luongo....why the hell would we need another one?

That's like me saying...asking you are we there yet a million times...THINK for the love of God.

unicorns could be genetically possible...

Obviously it is possible. Aliens are also possible. So are unicorns.

well it looks like there could be a bit of a lockout (shorter season) so Gillis has even more time... greaattt