The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luo not being dealt

cnixon86

unicorns could be genetically possible...

Yes, unicorns could be genetically possible...so could flying pigs... The summer is not even half over. I don't particularly want the Canucks to just give Luongo away. Pretty sure, the right deal will come along. I just want to see TO kept in the basement though.

Luongo sent to the minors=never signing a quality player ever again.

Teams that treat players like meat generally find it tough to sign players. Redden and Souray are extreme cases. Both ridiculous contracts, neither living up to them. Luongo is still a starting goalie somewhere in the NHL. Please consult your mind before posting again OP. :sadno:

How interesting that Hodgson was not allowed 2C duty in the face of Kesler being injured while Schneider was given the 1G position as if it was his God given right.

One got traded, the other got a $4.000 MIL/ 3yr contract.

My guess is that both goalies come to camp, Luongo wins back his rightful position and Schneider is traded at the deadline.

I would rather have two or three failed SCF game seven attempts and one eventual Cup then a revolving door at the goaltending position with fifteen 1G failures in the next five years and barely making the playoffs.

Think the Canucks are the laughing stock now? Going from President's Trophy to not making the playoffs is even more laughable.

According to Toews' comments, Luongo is the last reason the Canucks don't win a Cup.

The Sedins are as soft as satin sheets in moonlight and Kesler the so-called 2C doesn't pass to his line mates. Three of the top six players are not functioning in playoff environments. Yes, the Sedins get points. They're good at getting points. If you want points, get the Sedins. They'll get you points.

When Brown blew threw Henrik, CBC claimed Henrik was tough. Yes he stays healthy.

But when's the last time you saw Henrik unleash such a deadly hit on another player? If you said never, you would be correct. How about Daniel?

Kesler is in the wrong sports. He should be on the Canadian Olympic diving team, but he'd only get silver.

And then people want to trade Booth after we've been asking for Booth for years. How about Kassian? He didn't end anyone's career like Bertuzzi did on Moore: he's a flop.

Who's the next defenseman to be thrown under the bus? Garrisson? He's new... He should be the most talked about in trades soon. I give him three mistakes and he becomes the local piñata.

Luongo stays. Schneider goes.

Why move either of them? We have two great goaltenders all locked up for 4 years. Keep em. 41 games each, strongest leads the playoffs, the other is a stellar, allstar backup for the first. Lots of people will SPECULATE this is impossible due to ego's, its not fact, its speculation.

As time passes, if Luongo truly wants out, he may expand his acceptable trade locations. I guess that works in Gillis' favour. I have no problem with a 50/50 tandem next year. Though a bit expensive, it would be the league's best injury insurance. The financial logic of sending Luongo to the Wolves could not outweigh the disrespect of such a move.

I think 50/50 tandems are ideal in the regular season, but not a good option in the Playoffs.

Luongo sent to the minors=never signing a quality player ever again.

Teams that treat players like meat generally find it tough to sign players. Redden and Souray are extreme cases. Both ridiculous contracts, neither living up to them. Luongo is still a starting goalie somewhere in the NHL. Please consult your mind before posting again OP. :sadno:

He can be sent to the minors. One way contract just means he makes the same salary regardless if he's playing in the AHL or NHL. Putting him on waivers would be silly though, if he's going to stay we might as well use him and split the games with Schneider. He's still a great goaltender.

Edit: Also if we put him on waivers he'd probably get poached by another team and we'd lose him for nothing... so yeah, bad idea.

Archived