The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luo not being dealt

cnixon86

Luongo getting traded away is inevitable.

It's not a question of if, it's a question of when, and it dosn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

It's highly likely that it wont happen until around the end of August or even near the start of training camp in September, when some teams will be more desperate to make any last minute improvements, and when Gillis becomes a little more desperate to trade him.

I fully believe that we've seen the last of Luongo in a Canucks jersey, Time to move on.

Gillis is rumored to be wanting at minimum - a top 6 forward + 2 high end prospects.

I can see Gillis possibly settling for a top 6 forward + prospect + 1st round pick, type of deal in the end.

Luongo + Canucks rumors have died down considerably, and it's extremely quiet at the moment.

its obvious the gms are both at a standstill , florida aint moving and gillis isnt either , and with dregger saying that the season could be delayed up to 2 months i think there both in no rush to make anything happen now

i think it will be right before the season starts before hes gone

eventually another team will show more interest and dave tallon might just cave in , who knows

its obvious the gms are both at a standstill , florida aint moving and gillis isnt either , and with dregger saying that the season could be delayed up to 2 months i think there both in no rush to make anything happen now

i think it will be right before the season starts before hes gone

eventually another team will show more interest and dave tallon might just cave in , who knows

Look. There's a MASSIVE difference between living in the NYC area and living in Vancouver. In NYC, you're right in the middle of civilizarion's heartbeat whereas in Vancouver, you're isolated by mountains on one side and the Pacific ocean on the other.

The NYC area will always attract people from everywhere around the world and at all times. In Vancouver it rains or is cloudy 70% of the year and there are 11 bars.

He can be sent to the minors. One way contract just means he makes the same salary regardless if he's playing in the AHL or NHL. Putting him on waivers would be silly though, if he's going to stay we might as well use him and split the games with Schneider. He's still a great goaltender.

Edit: Also if we put him on waivers he'd probably get poached by another team and we'd lose him for nothing... so yeah, bad idea.

yes let's place Lu in the minor before the season starts so he doesn't have to go thru waiver and then god forbids if Schneider gets injured and we have to call up a goalie...... good luck with that as he'll never clear waiver and we'll be on the hook for half his salary for the remainder of his contract? real smart

Archived