Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

playboi19

Zack Kassian: A Little Patience Required

83 posts in this topic

I love the point he made about the Sedins, Kesler, Hansen, Raymond, Burrows, Edler and so-on. About how long it took them to reach the levels of production they are known for today.

The haters just gotta be patient, He's gunna be a good player, and like Gillis said it's a rare combination so I like what we have in Kassian.

Thanks for the post OP, good article.

Yeah I've always had the attitude that we need to wait a few years before we deem the Hodgson/Kassian trade a good one or not. People are just emotional and quick to judge when things take time. B)

i dont care what you say but top line minutes in chicago with some minor nhl duty throughout the season is best for him....he will grow into what mg is banking on if you just give him time

Kassian has the potential to be the next Lucic. MG made the right call in the deal, Kass just needs a few years to develop.

I am looking forward to watching him develop, and still believe Gillis made the right call here in this trade.

I can see Kassian easily playing with the Sedins eventually, I swear it would be one of the best lines in the NHL, the Sedins need a power forward in Kassian complementing them, since they're too of the very best finesse players in the world.

At the time he made this trade it wasn't exactly beneficial.

Doan would be a perfect mentor for Kassian. Hope like hell he signs here.

Kassian is just at the age when he will mature into a man. He was a big boy and now he is turning into a big man. Physically and emotionally he is maturing. As a hockey player hopefully he just keeps improving. Cam Neely and Todd Bertuzzi at his age were no where near the players they would become. Hopefully in a few years he will be being compared to them and not Shawn Antoski. I would settle for Jim Sandlak with a mean streak.

I hate how people say that he should have waited until the off season to trade CoHo for Kassian. They act like if we had CoHo in the line-up against the Kings we would have won. Hodgson doesn't make that big of a difference, even if we had Cody in the line-up against the Kings we would have lost.

We have loads of depth at centre and Hodgson never would have gotten ice-time over Sedin or Kesler. AV tried playing him on the wing and he wasn't any good at that. Kassian, on the other hand, is a natural right winger and he fills an organizational need. He's tough, a right winger (as mentioned before), and he's young. I've always liked Kassian and honestly when I heard about the trade I wasn't even upset. I knew Kassian was a monster and that he filled a team need.

It sucks though that no matter what you say you won't be able to change those peoples opinions. They're idiots who only like to criticize and never like to support the team. But hopefully Kassian goes out next year and breaks Marchand's nose and changes the opinion of all those "fans".

So far I am not impressed with his play. It seems like he is trying to play as a goon. All i saw from him when we had him was, hacking, chirping and trying to cause a fight ( only watched 5 games that he played here, I live in the east games end here at 1:30 am :wacko: )

He needs to use his big body for the corners, crashing the net and of course the big hit. He has all the makings to be a great second liner, speed,skill, size. Again he is young with little NHL experience, so that could be why he hasn't played to potential yet.

If he plays like what i want out of him, he could be a skilled version of Ryan Callahan

If not well he might be another forgotten name

My 2 cents

I look forward to what kind of player he is going to develop into.

The Canucks just have to develop him right. He hasn't spent much time in the AHL so hopefully he'll get around a 40-40 split next season between the big and small clubs and all over the lineup, because that's the best way to gain experience - by playing different roles (from a scorer on the top line to a checker on the 4th).

With Mancari gone, he would be the Wolves top offensive scorer which is the mindset he really needs to get into, as opposed to playing on the 3rd and 4th lines in Vancouver and just practicing his hitting every game.