The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Versteeg or Lupul?

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would say Lupul.

Nothing against Versteeg but I think Lupul is better.

Although both are sketchy choices, they both have had only one great year after being average before, both could easily go back to just an average years. Although Lupul has scored 25 goals and 55 points before, so he has shown he can be a good player in the past. I would choose him before Versteeg for sure.

That's only my option of course though.

No way Toronto's gonna trade Lupul after his great season, he's their most valued player after Kessel. Plus he has a scary injury history, I wouldn't take a chance. I doubt Florida trades Versteeg either. I wouldn't mind taking him in a Luongo trade, but I don't want to blow up our team to get him. Both would be too expensive for MG

Lupul, has more proven scoring seasons, is bigger/taller (6'1 vs 5'10 and 200+ vs 180+) and has more scoring potential.

Versteeg is younger (26 vs 28), and has won a stanley cup, and has done the points without a consistent top end player on his line.

Either choice is intriguing. I'd prefer doan!

I really don't think MG will go for Lupul .. I hope we trade Luongo for young talents like Bozak or Gardiner Or Draft picks from Toronto!

And Florida will probably want to get rid of one of many goalies they will have! so probably Jose Theodore, and a top forward! Or draft picks from Florida. MG wants something big in return for Luongo! I think he could be waiting to see how negotiations go with Florida's GM, About Versteeg's new contract.

I really don't think MG will go for Lupul .. I hope we trade Luongo for young talents like Bozak or Gardiner Or Draft picks from Toronto!

And Florida will probably want to get rid of one of many goalies they will have! so probably Jose Theodore, and a top forward! Or draft picks from Florida. MG wants something big in return for Luongo! I think he could be waiting to see how negotiations go with Florida's GM, About Versteeg's new contract.

Lupul. He had slightly more goals and assists despite playing fewer games. Versteeg is a RW which would suit us more but in terms of who is more talented or at least productive offensively, Lupul is marginally better. Don't be fooled, Kessel is not a passer, he's a shoot first player, so Lupul scoring 25 goals is still pretty darn respectable. With the twins he'd likely be an automatic 30-35

Hey Man , not to annoy or bug but you added Versteegs point up wrong he actually totalled 60 not 54 , cuz i was like woah lupul had way more in less games but yeah haha and versteeg doesnt have a kessell but yeah versteeg did amazing last year for like the first 40 50 games he was like a top point getter , good question though man

My Dream would be Sign Shane Doan at any cost and trade for Versteeg.

Archived