The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mutiny fear in Israeli army as religious Zionists gain influence

key2thecup

Your post is a non starter. It is negative, biased and non provable. Riddled with personal attacks against people of faith.

My point is Atheists cannot survive without the mudslinging of negative attacks. You are the 20th guy to prove this. An agnostic would find no need to put anyone down or JUDGE anyone.

Is this an argument you would put up in court as 'evidence' in your 'judgement' ?

Judge : lets hear your case against God

'zaibatsu' : Cause its like believing in the easter bunny

Judge: What?

'zaibatsu' : we got non abstract tangible evidence

Judge : wow. After 5,000 years and billions trying to end this debate you finally have concrete evidence. Show me

zaibatsu : Well there technically isnt any evidence God doesnt exist but I damn well know he doesnt !!!!!

Judge : How?

'zaibatsu' : Here are the secular 'sources' based entirely on the non spiritual.

Judge: these are all biased from a specific secular point of view. Its not 'evidence' . Evidence needs to be objective of any point of view.

'zaibatsu' Oh come on Judge............those clowns should stick to not knowing..........they are all WILLFULLY IGNORANT.

Judge: How does one prove that? Calling people names proves nothing. Anyways.......how about a theist stating the case.

Drybone: I believe God exists.

Judge : How do you know? this debate has been raging for 5000 years.

drybone: We believe from spiritual experiences there is a presence of a higher power.

Judge : Cant that be discarded as believing what you want to believe?

Drybone : Of course, but we believe it goes far deeper than that, and we physically feel better, emotionally feel better and respect the world around us better.

Judge: Nothing wrong with that if it makes you happy. But Religion has its bad apples

Drybone : Everyone has bad Apples. However, believing in god has little to do with the Dogma of religion. Its spiritual, not ritualistic. Many people believe in God , called Theist. but have nothing to do with organized religion in the slightest. Thats an optional choice.

Judge : But everything can become Ritualistic.

Drybone : Agreed. Atheism included.

Judge : But none of this is Proof there is a God

drybone : We dont need to prove to others there is or inst a God.We are content to believe it ourselves. People can decide on their own.

Judge Ok but the Atheist here says there is no God.

Drybone: but he has no right to put others down for believing either. Its negative and unhelpful

Judge : Hmm........well how bout 'zaibatsu' ..........how come you have to put others down who do not believe the same as you do? What right do you have to persecute them?

'zaibatsu' Your honor , they are ignorant . All the 'evidence' is with us. The SCIENCE

Drybone : We believe science is a never ending evolution. Egro what is considered TRUTH today , is replaced tomorrow. Aristotle believed the earth was flat and that was considered gospel truth for 2000 years. All of it based on observable evidence.We of faith accept the theory there is a HUGE 99% universe of truth we dont know yet.

Judge : Fair enough , then how is your faith 'truth'

Drybone; Its based in spiritual principals that have so far been universally sound through the ages. Science changes .

Judge : In other words its a spiritual matter , not a never ending evolving fact based matter like science is.

Drybone : Exactly

Judge Ok. Here the ruling. Neither can prove there is a God or not but here is the difference. The Theists seems quite content with his beliefs, People have the right to believe what they want to believe without fear of persecution.

The Atheist is able to believe what he wants but is fully concerned with pointing the finger at the Theist and ripping them apart in a negative way . This accomplishes nothing.

...................................................................................................................................................................................

Judge: I havent heard from you Agnostic. Come say your piece.

Agnostic. No thanks your honor. I dont care. :frantic:

Religions give their deity human characteristics and their texts that attribute things to the world are very much in the realm of tangible, thus testable, and able to be debunked. Abstract deities are not, these are not abstract deities. The Easter Bunny, Santa, human, tangible characteristics, not abstract, can be objectively de-constructed the same way. Spiritual experiences are easily misconstrued, misleading, non-objective abstract and subjective events, no way to test them, no reason to bother. You have completely mangled agnosticism and misguidedly chosen to attribute it to knowing nothing.

Or maybe it's non religious people that are the problem - depends which way you go to get to the middle. ;)

Note: That's not how I feel - just throwing it back over the fence.

I agree with Avelanch - people are the problem.

I didn't say that - stop twisting my words.

Who is to blame for the 33,519,000 people killed by China between 221 BC and 19 AD?

Religious or non religious?

What about the 29,927,000 killed by the Mongols from 14 and 15 AD?

How about the 61,911,000 killed by the USSR between 1917 and 1987?

Oh - The Peoples Republic of China killed another 35,236,000 between 1928 and 1949...

:sick:

Finally, it is significant to note that Arab armies entered the conflict only after Zionist forces had committed 16 massacres, including the grisly massacre of over 100 men, women, and children at Deir Yassin.

Future Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin, head of one of the Jewish terrorist groups, described this as “splendid,” and stated: “As in Deir Yassin, so everywhere, we will attack and smite the enemy. God, God, Thou has chosen us for conquest.”

Zionist forces committed 33 massacres altogether. By the end of the war, Israel had conquered 78 percent of Palestine; three-quarters of a million Palestinians had been made refugees; over 500 towns and villages had been obliterated; and a new map was drawn up, in which every city, river and hillock received a new, Hebrew name, as all vestiges of the Palestinian culture were to be erased. For decades Israel denied the existence of this population, former Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir once saying: “There is no such thing as a Palestinian.”

That was a good read - especially this statement: This is a religious conflict, not a genetic one.

Reminds me of that Planet of the Apes quote:

Cornelius: [reading from the sacred scrolls of the apes] Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Archived