213 replies to this topic

#31 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

Sarcasm must travel at high altitude over your head, Tom.

Ground level seems to be 'high altitude' for Tommy boy. Just goes to show you how deep it's buried. :)

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#32 dank.

dank.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

The bias is your choice . You can choose to see it from this point of view . Its your choice.

Its the negativity and finger pointing at the other group tha its really unattractive. Again, atheists need to put others down. They cant go about their day any other way. Its proven time after time.

You cant do anything about the situation in Israel and RANTING about it here doesn't solve anything.

Bias? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Bias... lol

I'm sorry but that point of view isn't mine. It's the Zionists themselves, this is what they believe.

Posted Image

#33 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 68,249 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

Should have changed up your schtick, Tom, your prior history via several other accounts gives you away every time.

Uhh... how do you know this stuff?

307mg00.jpg

#34 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Mad skillz......and a long, long time being a member of this board. :)

What's funny is I figured this guy has either been around for awhile or changed his name so I checked his display name history literally a minute before I read this post. Who is this guy?

Someone who has been here several times before, and doesn't seem to get the message.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 14 July 2012 - 08:50 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#35 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

That's classified. If she told you, she'd have to kill you.

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#36 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

That's classified. If she told you, she'd have to kill you.

:lol:

#37 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Ok enough personal attacks guys. Lets get back to the subject at hand. Im just reporting anything further to the mods let them sort it out. There is no value in the childish attacks.

i think that the 'Zionists' have a claim to the land just like the Palestinians do. I believe different media will yield different stories and we simply pick out the ones we want to believe.

From the Palestinians point of view, I guess they are 'Zionist Religious fanatics' of some kind. I certainly do not mind debating the merits but am not interested in all the finger pointing and childish name calling.

my ancestors lived where you are living hunreds of years ago so i think i might just come back over and try to claim my birthright by taking your home from you , how do you feel about that ?.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#38 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hey look everyone, landslide in BC.

:ph34r:

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#39 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

Sarcasm must travel at high altitude over your head, Tom.

I cannot believe you are trying to bully me and goad me into a fight. lol

Lesson for you kids. Dont give into hate. They need it to survive.

p.s.

You are on ignore now so go hate someone else.

Edited by Drybone, 14 July 2012 - 08:58 PM.

Posted Image

#40 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

I cannot believe you are trying to bully me and goad me into a fight. lol

Lesson for you kids. Dont give into hate. They need it to survive.

p.s.

You are on ignore now so go hate someone else.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#41 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Bias? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Bias... lol

I'm sorry but that point of view isn't mine. It's the Zionists themselves, this is what they believe.

I think the news source you are using may paint the Zionists from a biased point of view. I try to get several sources to avoid being caught in the bias trap.

I know its hard to find unbiased news now. I apologize if I painted you with a broad brush. I appreciate your candor.

Why do the Hard line religious guys want to stage a coup at this point? Attack Iran before they get nukes?
Posted Image

#42 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CLEtGRUrtJo

Great song, D!! ;)

#43 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

People always find a way to cause more problems than good.

Good point. I believe this very thing. All we can do is try to stay positive .
Posted Image

#44 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

What was Drybone's former username? I don't know who Tom is.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#45 dank.

dank.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

I think the news source you are using may paint the Zionists from a biased point of view. I try to get several sources to avoid being caught in the bias trap.

I know its hard to find unbiased news now. I apologize if I painted you with a broad brush. I appreciate your candor.

Why do the Hard line religious guys want to stage a coup at this point? Attack Iran before they get nukes?

Dude, you can't be serious.

http://en.wikipedia....des_before_1948

The land longed for by the Zionist movement was "Eretz Israel". Anita Shapira says this term was "a holy term, vague as far as the exact boundaries of the territories are concerned but clearly defining ownership".[23] According to Finkelstein the longed for land incorporated Palestine, Transjordan, the Golan height and the southern part of Lebanon.[24] Ben-Gurion said he wanted to "concentrate the masses of our people in this country and its environs."[25] When he proposed accepting the Peel proposals in 1937, which included a Jewish state in part of Palestine, Ben–Gurion told the twentieth Zionist Congress: The Jewish state now being offered to us is not the Zionist objective. [...] But it can serve as a decisive stage along the path to greater Zionist implementation. It will consolidate in Palestine, within the shortest possible time, the real Jewish force, which will lead us to our historic goal.[26]
In a discussion in the Jewish Agency he said that he wanted a Jewish–Arab agreement "on the assumption that after we become a strong force, as a result of the creation of the state, we shall abolish partition and expand to the whole of Palestine."[27] In a letter to his son Amos he wrote in 1937 that a Jewish state in part of Palestine was "not the end, but only the beginning." It would give a "powerful boost to our historic efforts to redeem the country in its entirety". He wrote that he had "no doubt that our army will be among the world's outstanding—and so I am certain that we won't be constrained from settling in the rest of the country, either by nutual agreement and understanding with our Arab neighbours, or by some other way."[28]

At the Biltmore Conference in 1942 Ben-Gurion formulated the Zionists' demand 'not as a Jewish state in Palestine but as Palestine as a Jewish state'.[29] The Biltmore Program, adopted at that conference by various Zionist and non-Zionist Jewish organizations, called for "Palestine [to] be established as a Jewish Commonwealth".

Ben-Gurion was the main founder and first Prime Minister of Israel. My "source" is straight from the horse's mouth. This isn't a debate, this is what Zionists believe in.

Posted Image

#46 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

I have never had a previous username here. I have never been here before.

Its called being smeared. They accuse all kinds of people of being re incarnated as others. They even have a THREAD about guys who used to be banned and are now back on here in various forms.

lol .

The truth is , they are all pissed off because I keep trying to remain positive and wont give into their negative rants.

So in frustration , they are trying this last trump card , trying to pin someone elses crap on me. And in fact, she was trying to goad me into a fight so I put her on ignore.

Ever had someone come and SMEAR YOU before ? Make up crap behind your back?

According to the rules, she isnt even supposed to do this anyways. She is supposed to simply report it to the moderators. Not go out and HARASS the member.

But since she is drunk or whatever her problem is, I reported her to the moderators os Im sure we will get it sorted out . .
Posted Image

#47 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,338 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

Pinhead, TomDavie, Mariner, etc etc etc

Doesn't matter as it's not the topic.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

Dude, you can't be serious.

http://en.wikipedia....des_before_1948

Ben-Gurion was the main founder and first Prime Minister of Israel. My "source" is straight from the horse's mouth. This isn't a debate, this is what Zionists believe in.

Any evidence that they are still prepared to do this today. As in over 100 years later? Your reference was the original doctrine from the 19th century.

I wasn't under the impression They wanted all the region. Do we have an objective source for that? If so I am with you but I find it hard to believe.

What ends up happening is there is a stalemate, and then all the rhetoric is developed. The rhetoric that they are all Zionist tools out to 'get' Palestine is biased on their behalf.

Im sure there are 10,000 articles, some from Al Jazeera others right from the Taliban supporting the Palestinian position. Israel has a position too. Seems to me you aren't interested in that position.

Go ahead. Put up the Israelite government position. Lets see it from their point of view . Then we can make an honest appraisal.
Posted Image

#49 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

I have never had a previous username here. I have never been here before.

Its called being smeared. They accuse all kinds of people of being re incarnated as others. They even have a THREAD about guys who used to be banned and are now back on here in various forms.

lol .

The truth is , they are all pissed off because I keep trying to remain positive and wont give into their negative rants.

So in frustration , they are trying this last trump card , trying to pin someone elses crap on me. And in fact, she was trying to goad me into a fight so I put her on ignore.

Ever had someone come and SMEAR YOU before ? Make up crap behind your back?

According to the rules, she isnt even supposed to do this anyways. She is supposed to simply report it to the moderators. Not go out and HARASS the member.

But since she is drunk or whatever her problem is, I reported her to the moderators os Im sure we will get it sorted out . .

"she" does not have a problem buddy .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#50 dank.

dank.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

Any evidence that they are still prepared to do this today. As in over 100 years later? Your reference was the original doctrine from the 19th century.

I wasn't under the impression They wanted all the region. Do we have an objective source for that? If so I am with you but I find it hard to believe.

What ends up happening is there is a stalemate, and then all the rhetoric is developed. The rhetoric that they are all Zionist tools out to 'get' Palestine is biased on their behalf.

Im sure there are 10,000 articles, some from Al Jazeera others right from the Taliban supporting the Palestinian position. Israel has a position too. Seems to me you aren't interested in that position.

Go ahead. Put up the Israelite government position. Lets see it from their point of view . Then we can make an honest appraisal.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Still prepared? They've already done it, not entirely but the majority, and they're slowly stealing more land every day.

Your argument for wanting to know the current governments point of view makes zero sense. That's like asking a Christian if their view on Jesus' resurrection has changed, because well you know, it's been like 2000 years man. The current PM is a Zion, his father was one as well, as was his father. Ben-Gurion's description of the matter is the same it has been and the same it always will be.

Zionism is based on the religious belief that the Land of Israel (Eretz Yisrael) belongs to them because it says so in scripture. Based on those scriptures, this is the map that results.

Posted Image

This is almost the entirety of Palestine and even extends to some neighbouring countries. They want it all. And my "objective" source is the Bible. Which I believe is the exact opposite of objective, but try telling that to them, or even you from the sounds of things.

Posted Image

#51 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

Does anyone else find this disjointed and rambling case study in crazy talk, fascinating?

10,000 articles?
Al-Jazeera?
Taliban?
Israelites??

Or is it just me?? ::D

#52 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

You have no idea what you're talking about. Still prepared? They've already done it, not entirely but the majority, and they're slowly stealing more land every day.

Your argument for wanting to know the current governments point of view makes zero sense. That's like asking a Christian if their view on Jesus' resurrection has changed, because well you know, it's been like 2000 years man. The current PM is a Zion, his father was one as well, as was his father. Ben-Gurion's description of the matter is the same it has been and the same it always will be.

Zionism is based on the religious belief that the Land of Israel (Eretz Yisrael) belongs to them because it says so in scripture. Based on those scriptures, this is the map that results.

Posted Image

This is almost the entirety of Palestine and even extends to some neighbouring countries. They want it all. And my "objective" source is the Bible. Which I believe is the exact opposite of objective, but try telling that to them, or even you from the sounds of things.

Come back when you want an adult conversation. Leave the personal attacks behind.
Posted Image

#53 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

As long as religion exists, there will not be peace in the Middle East.
Sad, but true.
Posted Image

#54 dank.

dank.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

Come back when you want an adult conversation. Leave the personal attacks behind.

LOL

Posted Image

#55 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:58 PM

This is the international communities position on this subject,

What is the background of Jewish settlements in Palestinian Arab areas?

The land of Palestine has always been populated with religiously diverse people with Muslims maintaining a majority and having cordial relations with all the minorities. The 20th century brought a new Jewish ideology, Zionism, which called for a Zionist homeland in Palestine. With the rise of Zionism, a large number of Jewish populations started immigrating to Palestine from all over Europe, increasing the minority of Jews to 35% of the Palestinian population.

In 1947, United Nations did a historic partition in which it divided Palestine into 55% of Jews and 45% of Arab population whereas Jewish population came up to only 6% of the population. In 1948, Israel declared that it is an ‘independent’ state; however, it did not define its borders and preferred to remain a nation with undefined borders. A war followed its declaration of independence from 1947 to 1949 and Israel was created on the 78% of Palestinian land. This percentage steadily increased in later years and continues to the present day.

During the time of declaring independence and partitioning, Israel took over this 78% percent of land by depopulating more than 400 villages through spreading fear, expulsion order and massacres. Around 726,000 refugees came out of these depopulated areas. According to Moshe Dayan:
“Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist, not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either.”

Gradually, Israel took over the remaining 22% of Palestine, including the historic West Bank and Gaza Strip. These areas also included large sections captured from Syria and Egypt. Israel has transferred much of its population in the settlements established there, colonies which were declared illegal by the fourth Geneva Convention. At present, 40% of the West Bank is inaccessible by the Palestinians as they are not allowed to reside in that area or to pass on the Israel-only roads. Moreover, they are also not allowed to travel through the security zones surrounding these settlements.
The result of 1967 war was the establishment of what Jews called the “Greater Jerusalem” which it expanded by including the surrounding areas of the West Bank where there was less Palestinian population. They made this “new” Jerusalem their capital. Since then, Israel has established many illegal settlements in “Greater Jerusalem”, forming a Jewish majority. Although municipal government encourages establishing new households in Jerusalem, they do not allow Palestinian families to build new homes or to live in certain areas altogether due to the discrimination shown towards non-Jewish citizens.

Establishment of numerous Israeli settlements followed the 1967 war where Jews built their colonies illegally on Palestinian lands. These settlements have grown to thousands throughout the West Bank and Gaza and even in the Syrian Golan Heights. And it is due to these settlements that no just solution can be reached for the Arab-Israel conflict. Roadmap to peace regards these settlements as major blockages in peace process and calls for Israel to dismantle these settlements; however, the situation is growing worse instead of improving

This is from the palestine facts website .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#56 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:58 PM

state the case from Israels point of view. Not some dogma 100 years ago. Its not hard. You can do it.

Edited by Drybone, 15 July 2012 - 12:11 AM.

Posted Image

#57 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

As long as religion exists, there will not be peace in the Middle East.
Sad, but true.

I completely agree. Too many cultures is what it is. Its too difficult.in a confined , disputed space.

I really wish each time they work out a plan for peace, it will be the final time. But , sadly, it never is.
Posted Image

#58 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:16 AM

state the case from Israels point of view. Not some dogma 100 years ago. Its not hard. You can do it.

so i see that math is also not one of your strong points .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#59 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

This millenia old book says we are entitled to this land, so it should be ours (regardless if our people left the land or not).
That is essentially their POV.

Edited by Jagermeister, 15 July 2012 - 12:27 AM.

Posted Image

#60 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

Its just you. Riddled with personal insults to boot. What is wrong with you people ? Do you always have to cut people down . Do you even read the rules?

This is a blatant personal attack.

Explain it to the mods

Riiiight....because i'm 'attacking' you, BB's 'attacking' you, Dank's 'attacking' you......everyone's 'attacking' you. :rolleyes: :picard:

I don't think you comprehend what a 'personal attack' is here.

Your post, therefore, 'message' was absolutely disjointed. It was absolutely a rambling run on sentence that was more trouble than its worth in deciphering, to say the least.

Your message was the case study in 'crazy'....and according to Board rules, an idea ie. your message/post, is allowed to be described as painfully nutty, if it is in fact so.

By the way, I thought you had me on ignore? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.