The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo and Chicago

Junkyard Dog

Though this isn't one of Luongo's preferred destinations, they still are interested. What do you guys think we'd be getting in return if we traded Luongo to Chicago? How would you react to the trade if it did happen? I'm sure that a lot of you hate hearing about topics about trading Luongo but that's too bad. ;)

Luongo for Jonathan Toews, Brandon Saad, 2 1st round picks.

Jonathan Toews to Philly for Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, and Sean Couturier

Simmonds and Couturier for Alex Pietrangelo and Tarasenko

Brayden Schenn, and a 7th to Jarome Iginla

Jarome Iginla to Nashville for Colin Wilson and Shea Weber.

Colin Wilson to Toronto for JVR, and Jake Gardiner.

JVR to Washington for Karl Alzner and John Carlsson

John Carlsson to Anaheim for Kyle Palmieri and Luca Sbisa

Sign Shane Doan and Alex Semin for 500k each.

Trade Shane Doan to the Sharks for Brent Burns, and 2 1st round picks.

Trade Alex Semin to Columbus for Rick Nash.

Trade Nash for Mikheal Granlund, Zack Phillips, Charlie Coyle.

Trade Granlund to Calgary for Backlund

Trade Backlund to New Jersey for Zajac

Zajac to the Islanders for Strome, Nelson, and Nielson.

Strome to Tampa Bay for Connelly

Trade Connelly to Yotes for OEL, and 2 1st round picks.

Move 2 first round picks for Evander Kane.

Trade Evander Kane to Carolina for Jeff Skinner

Jeff Skinner to Dallas for Jack Campbell, Brendan Morrow, and 2 1st round picks.

Trade a 1st round pick for Nick Bjustad and Kris Versteeg

Move Versteeg, 1st for Bobby Ryan

Trade Bobby Ryan to Edmonton for MPS and Hall

Trade Hall to Colorado for Duchene, 1st, and ROR

Trade Duchene to Detroit for Datsyuk, Smith.

Datsyuk can then go to Ottawa for Karlsson, and 5 first round picks.

Karlsson can be traded to the Canadiens for PK Subban, Tinordi, 10 first round draft picks.

Then you can trade Pk Subban, 2 1st round picks to Buffalo for Tyler Myers.

Then you can trade a 1st round pick to the Rangers for Kreider.

Essentially, you have traded Luongo for a whole new roster. GG

The meltdown reputation is a load of ****. Most of the incidents have been our defence leaving him out to dry. Obviously he's not perfect because nobody is, but the choker label is way overblown. We easily could have been swept by Boston if it weren't for him. Put him on a good defensive team like Chicago and he'll excel. Like I said, I'm not solidifying their one faulty position unless it's a stellar return.

Right, our team sucks if not for Lou we would never make the playoffs. Why don't you cheer for another team. I hate people like you, the ones that throw our team under the bus on your Lou pedestal. I my opinion we have a great team that has a problem with consistently inconsistent goaltending. I'll be happy next season and you can go cheer for another team.

The meltdown reputation is a load of ****. Most of the incidents have been our defence leaving him out to dry. Obviously he's not perfect because nobody is, but the choker label is way overblown. We easily could have been swept by Boston if it weren't for him. Put him on a good defensive team like Chicago and he'll excel. Like I said, I'm not solidifying their one faulty position unless it's a stellar return.

And I have a problem with people like you who blame everything on goaltending. It's Luongo's fault that we couldn't score on Boston? Or that our depth disappeared against LA? If Luongo was the one problem with this team then why didn't we win 4 straight against LA with Schneider in net?

You clearly don't watch the team regularly if you think he was the only problem and the only one keeping us from winning.

Right, our team sucks if not for Lou we would never make the playoffs. Why don't you cheer for another team. I hate people like you, the ones that throw our team under the bus on your Lou pedestal. I my opinion we have a great team that has a problem with consistently inconsistent goaltending. I'll be happy next season and you can go cheer for another team.

You clearly don't have the slightest clue. Consistently inconsistent goaltending? Give your head a shake. I don't put Loungo on a pedestal but he has given us tremendous goaltending over the last 6 years. I don't see our team falling into an abyss buy I'm feeling safe in saying we're more likely to be fighting to win our division rather than the conference lead.

I hate people like you that throw our goalie under the bus without bothering to notice the blemishes on the rest of the team. You are one of those "fans" that other fan bases mock as you tear down the very player that got us to the dance.

I'm sure the players have confidence in Schneider but you clearly don't know how much looser a team plays when they know they have an "elite, world-class" goalie behind them. I hope Schneider does well but to date all he has proved is he is a great back-up that deserves a shot to start. Nothing more.

You clearly don't have the slightest clue. Consistently inconsistent goaltending? Give your head a shake. I don't put Loungo on a pedestal but he has given us tremendous goaltending over the last 6 years. I don't see our team falling into an abyss buy I'm feeling safe in saying we're more likely to be fighting to win our division rather than the conference lead.

I hate people like you that throw our goalie under the bus without bothering to notice the blemishes on the rest of the team. You are one of those "fans" that other fan bases mock as you tear down the very player that got us to the dance.

I'm sure the players have confidence in Schneider but you clearly don't know how much looser a team plays when they know they have an "elite, world-class" goalie behind them. I hope Schneider does well but to date all he has proved is he is a great back-up that deserves a shot to start. Nothing more.

Archived