184 replies to this topic

#91 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

What is the price for toronto, fla? pretty sure they haven't paid what Gillis wants and it doesn't look like they are going too. You have to remeber their are only 2 teams interested, this isn't a 5 team bidding war. If we could get Hjar and Stalberg in a deal from Chicago that far exceeds anything Fla or toronto has to offer.

Who told you this ?
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#92 pghockeyguy

pghockeyguy

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Who told me what that Fla or Tor havent met Gillis price? Maybe the fact he hasn't been traded or the fact that I donno Brian Burke said the price was too high? what more do you need?

#93 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Sure love to be a fly on the wall if that trade happens, Lou sitting across from the likes of Duncan Keith, Toews and kane, all thorns in his side..."BALLS"

#94 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Who told me what that Fla or Tor havent met Gillis price? Maybe the fact he hasn't been traded or the fact that I donno Brian Burke said the price was too high? what more do you need?

I bolded "Remember there is only two teams interested " and then asked you who had told you this ? All the other redundant info that is obvious to everyone hear i dont need but there are to many people posting assumptions around here and its annoying cause none of us have information like that

Edited by ccc44, 15 July 2012 - 01:19 PM.

Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#95 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Luongo for Jonathan Toews, Brandon Saad, 2 1st round picks.
Jonathan Toews to Philly for Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, and Sean Couturier
Simmonds and Couturier for Alex Pietrangelo and Tarasenko
Brayden Schenn, and a 7th to Jarome Iginla
Jarome Iginla to Nashville for Colin Wilson and Shea Weber.
Colin Wilson to Toronto for JVR, and Jake Gardiner.
JVR to Washington for Karl Alzner and John Carlsson
John Carlsson to Anaheim for Kyle Palmieri and Luca Sbisa
Sign Shane Doan and Alex Semin for 500k each.
Trade Shane Doan to the Sharks for Brent Burns, and 2 1st round picks.
Trade Alex Semin to Columbus for Rick Nash.
Trade Nash for Mikheal Granlund, Zack Phillips, Charlie Coyle.
Trade Granlund to Calgary for Backlund
Trade Backlund to New Jersey for Zajac
Zajac to the Islanders for Strome, Nelson, and Nielson.
Strome to Tampa Bay for Connelly
Trade Connelly to Yotes for OEL, and 2 1st round picks.
Move 2 first round picks for Evander Kane.
Trade Evander Kane to Carolina for Jeff Skinner
Jeff Skinner to Dallas for Jack Campbell, Brendan Morrow, and 2 1st round picks.
Trade a 1st round pick for Nick Bjustad and Kris Versteeg
Move Versteeg, 1st for Bobby Ryan
Trade Bobby Ryan to Edmonton for MPS and Hall
Trade Hall to Colorado for Duchene, 1st, and ROR
Trade Duchene to Detroit for Datsyuk, Smith.
Datsyuk can then go to Ottawa for Karlsson, and 5 first round picks.
Karlsson can be traded to the Canadiens for PK Subban, Tinordi, 10 first round draft picks.
Then you can trade Pk Subban, 2 1st round picks to Buffalo for Tyler Myers.
Then you can trade a 1st round pick to the Rangers for Kreider.

Essentially, you have traded Luongo for a whole new roster. GG

Great post...I tried to follow and map it out, but fell off the rails. How would our final roster look?

One deal that I would do is Luongo, Ballard and Raymond to Hawks for Bolland, Seabrook, Crawford...not sure how realistic that would be, though. If we could somehow get Kris Beach out of the deal, all the better. Do you think Hawks would be willing to take Bill Sweatt back?

#96 Castiel

Castiel

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Did Luo tell you this ? Im guessing not so dont assume anything

:picard:

#97 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#98 justathought

justathought

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Lou + 2nd round for Keith ,he fits perfectly in our system
Sign Doan
Win cup...

#99 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

Lou + 2nd round for Keith ,he fits perfectly in our system
Sign Doan
Win cup...

Thank god you threw in that 2nd, the Hawks will bite for sure.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#100 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

Thank god you threw in that 2nd, the Hawks will bite for sure.

Keith would be such a welcome addition to the locker room.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#101 Canucklehead73

Canucklehead73

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

Though this isn't one of Luongo's preferred destinations, they still are interested. What do you guys think we'd be getting in return if we traded Luongo to Chicago? How would you react to the trade if it did happen? I'm sure that a lot of you hate hearing about topics about trading Luongo but that's too bad. ;)

So where did we hear Chicago is interested in Lu? I've been busy at work... not paying attention.
Go Canucks Go!

#102 tigbond

tigbond

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:57 AM

If we trade Luongo to Chicago, he'll be on such a mission he will destroy us when we meet in the playoffs single-handedly...

#103 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

If we trade Luongo to Chicago, he'll be on such a mission he will destroy us when we meet in the playoffs single-handedly...

I have seen that mission before and I think we can handle it. I would love to face Lou in the playoffs win or loose it would be great.

#104 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

Luongo for Jonathan Toews, Brandon Saad, 2 1st round picks.
Jonathan Toews to Philly for Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, and Sean Couturier
Simmonds and Couturier for Alex Pietrangelo and Tarasenko
Brayden Schenn, and a 7th to Jarome Iginla
Jarome Iginla to Nashville for Colin Wilson and Shea Weber.
Colin Wilson to Toronto for JVR, and Jake Gardiner.
JVR to Washington for Karl Alzner and John Carlsson
John Carlsson to Anaheim for Kyle Palmieri and Luca Sbisa
Sign Shane Doan and Alex Semin for 500k each.
Trade Shane Doan to the Sharks for Brent Burns, and 2 1st round picks.
Trade Alex Semin to Columbus for Rick Nash.
Trade Nash for Mikheal Granlund, Zack Phillips, Charlie Coyle.
Trade Granlund to Calgary for Backlund
Trade Backlund to New Jersey for Zajac
Zajac to the Islanders for Strome, Nelson, and Nielson.
Strome to Tampa Bay for Connelly
Trade Connelly to Yotes for OEL, and 2 1st round picks.
Move 2 first round picks for Evander Kane.
Trade Evander Kane to Carolina for Jeff Skinner
Jeff Skinner to Dallas for Jack Campbell, Brendan Morrow, and 2 1st round picks.
Trade a 1st round pick for Nick Bjustad and Kris Versteeg
Move Versteeg, 1st for Bobby Ryan
Trade Bobby Ryan to Edmonton for MPS and Hall
Trade Hall to Colorado for Duchene, 1st, and ROR
Trade Duchene to Detroit for Datsyuk, Smith.
Datsyuk can then go to Ottawa for Karlsson, and 5 first round picks.
Karlsson can be traded to the Canadiens for PK Subban, Tinordi, 10 first round draft picks.
Then you can trade Pk Subban, 2 1st round picks to Buffalo for Tyler Myers.
Then you can trade a 1st round pick to the Rangers for Kreider.

Essentially, you have traded Luongo for a whole new roster. GG

Posted Image
Sig too big.

#105 Mack Attack

Mack Attack

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

I'd jump at the opportunity to give a meltdown goalie to a team I have a good chance of facing in the playoffs.

The meltdown reputation is a load of ****. Most of the incidents have been our defence leaving him out to dry. Obviously he's not perfect because nobody is, but the choker label is way overblown. We easily could have been swept by Boston if it weren't for him. Put him on a good defensive team like Chicago and he'll excel. Like I said, I'm not solidifying their one faulty position unless it's a stellar return.

#106 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

The meltdown reputation is a load of ****. Most of the incidents have been our defence leaving him out to dry. Obviously he's not perfect because nobody is, but the choker label is way overblown. We easily could have been swept by Boston if it weren't for him. Put him on a good defensive team like Chicago and he'll excel. Like I said, I'm not solidifying their one faulty position unless it's a stellar return.

Right, our team sucks if not for Lou we would never make the playoffs. Why don't you cheer for another team. I hate people like you, the ones that throw our team under the bus on your Lou pedestal. I my opinion we have a great team that has a problem with consistently inconsistent goaltending. I'll be happy next season and you can go cheer for another team.

#107 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

lu (and unfortunately our beloved canucks) will never win a cup
Posted Image

#108 Mack Attack

Mack Attack

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

Right, our team sucks if not for Lou we would never make the playoffs. Why don't you cheer for another team. I hate people like you, the ones that throw our team under the bus on your Lou pedestal. I my opinion we have a great team that has a problem with consistently inconsistent goaltending. I'll be happy next season and you can go cheer for another team.

And I have a problem with people like you who blame everything on goaltending. It's Luongo's fault that we couldn't score on Boston? Or that our depth disappeared against LA? If Luongo was the one problem with this team then why didn't we win 4 straight against LA with Schneider in net?

You clearly don't watch the team regularly if you think he was the only problem and the only one keeping us from winning.

#109 Bieksa's Quote

Bieksa's Quote

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

I don't think Chicago's blueline is any better defensively than ours (they do have a slightly better forward group though, imo anyways).

That said, Luongo definitely doesn't deserve the choker label. That's just fans being stupid and trying to find a scapeboat that they could b*tch about whenever it's convenient (practically every other game in the reg season, and all of the playoffs).

Posted Image

"If a 6-foot-8 guy who can't skate asks to fight, you say no, then skate around him and score a goal."

#110 Canucklehead420

Canucklehead420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

I'd jump at the opportunity to give a meltdown goalie to a team I have a good chance of facing in the playoffs.

if he had a team that could get more than 2 goals a game stay out of the penalty box, and mix things up offensively when things dont work, everyone would see what he could do. but sadly thats not the case.

#111 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,512 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Sharp MAY be possible if we send over Luongo along with other assets, but I doubt it

Something like Luongo+Booth+Tanev?

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#112 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,512 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Sharp MAY be possible if we send over Luongo along with other assets, but I doubt it

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

#113 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Don't give Tanev away as a spare part, he's going to be an awesome shutdown defenseman in a couple years and we need one of those. Hamhuis isn't going to last forever. I doubt Chicago would ever part with Sharp anyway.

#114 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,512 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Don't give Tanev away as a spare part, he's going to be an awesome shutdown defenseman in a couple years and we need one of those. Hamhuis isn't going to last forever. I doubt Chicago would ever part with Sharp anyway.

Im not putting him in as a spare part. Chicago would probally ask for Tanev as part of a deal for Sharp, but like you i doubt they would give away Sharp.

2qn360i.jpg

#115 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:06 AM

And I have a problem with people like you who blame everything on goaltending. It's Luongo's fault that we couldn't score on Boston? Or that our depth disappeared against LA? If Luongo was the one problem with this team then why didn't we win 4 straight against LA with Schneider in net?

You clearly don't watch the team regularly if you think he was the only problem and the only one keeping us from winning.

We do not score enough in the playoffs.
The trouble is that we need to score more than a reasonable amount of goals to win with Luongo in our net. I base this on his two games against LA and four against Boston for the most part. I will leave out the Chicago games.

#116 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

For Sharp.

If you're sending Luongo (top three goaltender in the league), Booth (best Canucks power forward and coveted for a few years (oh I know, let's debate now whether Booth is worthy of being called power forward or even wear a Canucks jersey. He's a throw in right?)), and Tanev (best defensive prospect in the organization) to Chicago, you better get Toews and
Bolland back.

What is it with the small man mentality in Vancouver?

Some fans you are, parading as fans with "realistic" views on what Luongo is worth. Luongo IS the Canucks. Without him, and most know it, the Canucks are competing with Calgary and Edmonton for middle of the pack non playoff teams. Add Schneider in there and the Canucks are defending 8th seed. You don't see that, you know nothing.

Luongo is by far the biggest reason Vancouver has been seen as an elite team for the last six years.

Now let's all meet in Gas Town and hang him by the neck for failing to deliver on promises unkept; bringing in silverware.

You people, if you can be called as such, wouldn't know a great goalie from a bad one even if he did win a Cup for you.

Your collective greed and short sightedness prevents you from seeing the jealousy and envy the entire league has displayed regarding Luongo since the trade. I assure you that, upon a trade anywhere let alone either Toronto or Chicago, that Luongo will be seen as the savior of the franchise he lands in.

Vancouver on the other hand, will be struggling to keep the franchise intact, keep its suddenly average players and attracting the best UFAs on the market.

Edited by GHL, 17 July 2012 - 08:29 AM.

Posted Image

#117 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

You clearly don't have the slightest clue. Consistently inconsistent goaltending? Give your head a shake. I don't put Loungo on a pedestal but he has given us tremendous goaltending over the last 6 years. I don't see our team falling into an abyss buy I'm feeling safe in saying we're more likely to be fighting to win our division rather than the conference lead.

I hate people like you that throw our goalie under the bus without bothering to notice the blemishes on the rest of the team. You are one of those "fans" that other fan bases mock as you tear down the very player that got us to the dance.

I'm sure the players have confidence in Schneider but you clearly don't know how much looser a team plays when they know they have an "elite, world-class" goalie behind them. I hope Schneider does well but to date all he has proved is he is a great back-up that deserves a shot to start. Nothing more.
Posted Image

#118 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

You clearly don't have the slightest clue. Consistently inconsistent goaltending? Give your head a shake. I don't put Loungo on a pedestal but he has given us tremendous goaltending over the last 6 years. I don't see our team falling into an abyss buy I'm feeling safe in saying we're more likely to be fighting to win our division rather than the conference lead.

I hate people like you that throw our goalie under the bus without bothering to notice the blemishes on the rest of the team. You are one of those "fans" that other fan bases mock as you tear down the very player that got us to the dance.

I'm sure the players have confidence in Schneider but you clearly don't know how much looser a team plays when they know they have an "elite, world-class" goalie behind them. I hope Schneider does well but to date all he has proved is he is a great back-up that deserves a shot to start. Nothing more.

This is a very accurate analysis of the Vancouver situation, including the analysis of the said fan type.

Luongo talking about playing or Chicago is his way of saying if you don't want me to win a Cup with your team, I'm sure your rivals would live to have me. Toews attested to it not in words but in facial expression. The sheer thought of acquiring Luongo put a smile on the face of Captain serious.

That ought to say it all.

But alas, Vancouver fans are blinded by the light bouncing off the diamond in their crease.

Edited by GHL, 17 July 2012 - 08:36 AM.

Posted Image

#119 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

Double post

Edited by GHL, 17 July 2012 - 09:10 AM.

Posted Image

#120 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

Tremendous is a very strong word.
I would say average to great regular season goaltending.
In 2007 Luongo was the only reason we made the playoffs, the fact we even won a round was remarkable. Since then we have missed the playoffs once, and been knocked out early three times.
Luongo has had one and a half good playoffs in 5 attempts, and I understand it's a team game etc. but his playoffs stats suck other than 2007. He is consistently inconsistent as far as the playoffs go.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Funniest CDC post ever!

By Peaches in CH9, on 17 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

Dallas Stars

When Joe Niewendyk said he was going all out on free agents he wasn't joking. Niewendyk signed veteran offensive forwards Ray Whitney and Jaromir Jagr. He also traded pest Steve Ott and depth d-man for offensive center Derek Roy. The one move that I thought was risky at the time was trading Mike Ribeiro for Cody Eakin but it was probally...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.