The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Las Vegas talking new 20,000 seat arena for NHL or NBA

No way that this team would hold together. They would be with out a fan base, there is little no no interest in hockey in Las Vegas. I mean how well are the wranglers actually doing there? What is the fan base like? If an ECHL team is doing craptastic how well is an NHL team going to hold up? Phoenix is pretty much a living testimony of how teams in the desert have done. I don't like the idea at all.

Put a team in Quebec city.

as much as i want to bash the idea of putting another team in the desert man o man that could work out

the fact that so many other teams fans would want to travel there for cheaper games and the night life ect

im sure players would enjoy it too

The have small potatoes hockey team there.

Last time that i was down in vvegas i was talking to a cab driver about them. He said they have a promotional night where the people selling beer and popcorn in the stands are strippers.

1st period - clothed

2nd period - bra panties

3rd period - topless and g-string

now THAT is incentive to stay for the whole game...at the nhl level though....that could pose a problem for TV i would think.

I missed the memo that stated Vegas was a hockey hot bed. A population of just under 600 000 in the desert where people fly in to go to brothels is much better then putting a team in Hamilton (POP just over 500 000) where they had to stop selling season tickets so Joe public would have a chance to watch a game. But I forgot, Vegas is the 31st largest market in the US where nobody watches TV. As usual, for Bettmen to even consider this show's he is the biggest dink to ever be invovled in hockey.

Wrangler's had the fourth highest attendance in the ECHL playoffs, about 25% higher than the average. In the reg season they were around average.

I don't know, might be slightly better than Phoenix but not really an answer. I think Portland, Hamilton, Seattle or Quebec City are the best

Archived