The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian expectations for next season?

The Dark Knight

What are your expectations for this player next season?

Mentally I think last year was too much for Kassian. All the changes must have made things hard for him to adapt quickly with his time here in Vancouver.

There is so much to get excited for if he can somewhat break out for this upcoming year. Hopefully his offseason game plan is going to pay dividends for him!

He's so big and fast with some decent hands. I just wonder what the limit is for him.

The way I see it, this season will unfold in 1 of two ways.

If the Canucks do not acquire a proven top 6 guy via trade or FA (versteeg, weise, doan, etc), they will go with a youth movement. And to be honest, I'm not against it. I think this oragnization is at a pretty interesting stage, where many prospects are now at NHL level...but we also want to win a cup NOW.

Expectations for Kassian are top 6. He needs to be a physical force, and put the puck in the net. This is the lineup I want without any FA signings/trades...

Sedin-Sedin-Booth

Kassian-Kesler-Burrows

Jensen-Schroeder-Higgins

Hansen-Lapierre-Raymond

Malhotra

That is a slick lineup.

The way I see it, this season will unfold in 1 of two ways.

If the Canucks do not acquire a proven top 6 guy via trade or FA (versteeg, weise, doan, etc), they will go with a youth movement. And to be honest, I'm not against it. I think this oragnization is at a pretty interesting stage, where many prospects are now at NHL level...but we also want to win a cup NOW.

Expectations for Kassian are top 6. He needs to be a physical force, and put the puck in the net. This is the lineup I want without any FA signings/trades...

Sedin-Sedin-Booth

Kassian-Kesler-Burrows

Jensen-Schroeder-Higgins

Hansen-Lapierre-Raymond

Malhotra

That is a slick lineup.

I am expecting big things from Kassian this season. I am sure he will make the squad, and at very least, be a great 4th liner. He has a great deal of offensive upside so I could see him spending time in the top 6 and parked in front of the net on the power play. Now he has a year under his belt and his familiar with his teammates and the organization, I can't wait to see what he can do.

I am expecting big things from Kassian this season. I am sure he will make the squad and, at very least, be a great 4th liner. He has a great deal of offensive upside so I could see him spending time in the top 6 and parked in front of the net on the power play. Now he has a year under his belt and his familiar with his teammates and the organization, I can't wait to see what he can do.

I expect that he may make the team out of camp, and see limited fourth line minutes. He may season a bit in the AHL though. In a few years he will have an uptick in his contributions and begin to earn more minutes and 'better' line mates.

Seriously, expectations are the leading cause of disappointments. He is not going to put up 27 year old stars numbers, but every 27 year old star was a 21 year old prospect first.

Walk then run.

Archived