The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which scenario do you prefer regarding Luongo? Poll.

mperoni101

Luongo Scenario  

204 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just an opinion i want from Vancouver fans.

I think that it will all come down to Luongo having the final say on where he will go. I doubt Toronto will be his choice. Why go from bad to worse in terms of pressure, and aggressiveness from fans and media? Also, Toronto is a team in purgatory. Lack of identity, and ways to go to before forming an actual team.

Chicago could really need a goalie, but Vancouver would not give him away for nothing; not as a salary dump at least. So, say the Hawks actually make a fair offer for Luongo. Would you want to trade Luongo to the Hawks and risk running into them in the playoffs in the future?

What about any other strong team in the West? The Sharks?

Or, would you rather ship Luongo and his contract to the Panthers for Upshall, Skille, Santorelli, and either Theodore/Clemmensen and move on to the next chapter in Nucks history? Unless the Canucks and the Panthers meet in the Finals some day!

Anyway, your choice of preference. I am a Rangers fan by birth, but have lived in Florida for 10 years that i've taken a liking to the Panthers. So, Panthers fans are curious.

What say you? Thanks for participating.

I don't think that Lu would be a cap dump on Florida, they won't even consider trading him for less that a top 6 forward/top 4 dman + good prospect + pick. I can't see Lu just being thrown out to open up cap. He will have to bring back at least these pieces. I also think that it's still a possibility that he will come to training camp in a Canucks jersey.

Why didn't you just suggest what everyone else suggests?

Luongo +

some guy we don't like +

some other guy we don't like

for

the best player on any given team +

a first rounder

Come on guys, why not? You mean people don't want our garbage? Huh? but it works on NHL 12! I only have to get my friend to accept the trade for them! Hey I have this amazing idea!! Trade Lu + Raymund + Ballard for Sidney Crosby and save cap space! How could they not go for that?? Wait I have an EVEN BETTER plan! I'm going to make a thirteen hundredth Lu trade post on CDC with my original idea!

Why not Dave Bolland (plus Seabrooke and Toews and a 1st rounder)?? He only publicly insulted our organization and it's players, no big deal! Bring him in he's the second coming of Jesus! Pay him 7 million a year and give him his own radio show he's kind of a big deal!

I actually find it hard to believe Chicago will make a better offer.

Florida has better prospects, and (in my opinion) better players to fill the holes we have. Unless Chicago really would go out and make us an offer where we could get Hossa or something (doubtful) then Florida would be a better option.

Florida has better prospects, and (in my opinion) better players to fill the holes we have. Unless Chicago really would go out and make us an offer where we could get Hossa or something (doubtful) then Florida would be a better option.

keep him and plant his ass at the end of the bench until 1/4 of the way through next season. This is about as long as it takes for some other team to figure out that their go to guy is not preforming as anticipated, and decide that they need to do something about it.

Lol at this guy.

@HockeyyInsiderr: Not sure EXACTLY what the #FLAPanthers package contains but it includes EITHER Versteeg OR Gudbranson OR Weiss PLUS a 1st rounder. #Canucks

@HockeyyInsiderr: The #Canucks would also have liked Huberdeau but the bottom line is #FLAPanthers will NOT include him in the Luongo package. #CONFIRMED

@HockeyyInsiderr: The #Canucks will leave the #Leafs the time to up their offer. Hearing as of right now that offer is Kulemin+1st+Komisarek.

@HockeyyInsiderr: Furthermore: The #Canucks wanted Theodore included in the #FLAPanthers deal. Theodore REFUSED to waive NTC to go to VAN> #CONFIRMED

I think he surfs CDC

Correctly said by Canuckaidian, even though Jagermeister has the best username and sig pic.

I think the Panthers will not offer any key pieces. Not Versteeg, not Bjugstad or any top prospect from the Panthers. Luongo carries a heavy contract. His cap hit is not a problem at $5.3M. His salary, though, at over $6.7M per season for the next six years is a detriment to his value. At 39 years of age, unless the guy is still a Vezina-like performer, he is not worth that salary.

The Panthers have above average goaltending, and Markstrom is coming along nicely. There is no reason for the Panthers to mortgage the future for 33 year year old goalie that would give at most five solid years.

If it can be done for a deal as i stated above, i think Tallon would do it. Otherwise, no deal.

Archived