The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which scenario do you prefer regarding Luongo? Poll.

mperoni101

Luongo Scenario  

204 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He won't be traded as cap dump Gillis has pretty much implied that through numerous statements. If they were looking for cap dump he would of been dealt by now.

Doesn't matter where he goes for me just as long as we get players who can significantly contribute to our team now, as well as overall fair trade value

Except Luongo no longer wants to play there. Schneider probably doesn't want to split time, but be a starting goalie, Gillis agreed to move Luongo, and i doubt ownership wants to write a paycheck of nearly $11M dollars to a goalie tandem.

He won't be traded as cap dump Gillis has pretty much implied that through numerous statements. If they were looking for cap dump he would of been dealt by now.

Doesn't matter where he goes for me just as long as we get players who can significantly contribute to our team now, as well as overall fair trade value

Get the best offer from an Eastern team. Despite what people think of him, Luongo is still a world class goaltender and I would rather him play in the East then Canucks facing him more in the west and regretting their decision.

The poll is reporting that CDC fans do not want to see a cap dump. 64% are wanting a trade with a decent return(s), while only 35% have voted for the 1st option. I voted for option 3 (which could include teams in the east), as I am very concerned that a trade to Chicago could come back and bite the 'Nucks.

Get the best offer from an Eastern team. Despite what people think of him, Luongo is still a world class goaltender and I would rather him play in the East then Canucks facing him more in the west and regretting their decision.

I've read a lot of trade ideas from Canucks fans regarding Luongo to Florida, and so far you have the most rational and fair minded idea.

I think i would actually go with that. Matthias is a heck of a hockey player, but can't seem to elevate his talent. He is a solid two-way forward, perfect for the third line and possibly a second line a couple of his prime years. Petrovic is a very solid d-man, but can be spared. A second rounder is a fair draft pick to trade as well.

The only issue, i think, with the Panthers is that as rich as the ownership group is (believe me, they are filthy rich) obviously they also have a budget on the team and would need to at least trade some salary in return. Again, it's not Luongo's cap hit that is the problem, but his salary of $6.7M per season.

The Panthers will most likely re-sign Kulikov and Versteeg, but it's going to be a combined $8M in salaries as well. So in that deal, i would much rather throw in Upshall and either Theodore or Clemmensen, and get Raymond (not too crazy about him now, but i used to like him and he still has some potential). Also, Weiss will need to be re-signed as he will be a UFA next year. So, there is a lot of money to spend on this Panthers team and Luongo would add a lot as well.

Canucks are not getting a top prospect in Bjugstad. Canucks are not getting Florida's first line winger in Versteeg either. Florida's main weakness is scoring and to lose that just to upgrade goaltending would not improve the team much. Dream on if you think you're going to get that from Florida.

In the end, though, Luongo has the final say on where he goes and there was a mutual agreement by Gillis and Luongo to trade him and move on.

The Canucks also have a lot of UFAs next year, so clearing up the wage budget by getting rid of Luongo is not a bad idea either.

also...Florida can try to play the card that Luongo is only an upgrade and that they don't desperately need a goaltender, but on the other hand they have a guy who is a UFA in a year and in line for a raise based upon his recent performance, and a young prospect who is not only not ready, but has already had repeated injuries to his knees - not exactly a franchise that is set in goal - if anything, it may be their biggest question mark moving forward.

The poll is reporting that CDC fans do not want to see a cap dump. 64% are wanting a trade with a decent return(s), while only 35% have voted for the 1st option. I voted for option 3 (which could include teams in the east), as I am very concerned that a trade to Chicago could come back and bite the 'Nucks.

Archived