The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

versteeg a possibility?

to much in my opinion id say may ray and luo for vergsteed and gudbranson maybe we can throw in a 2nd round. luongo is worth more than that maybe im just a luongo fan tho

Versteeg is a possibility.

I really wonder when people will stop thinking we can get Gudbranson out of FLA. That is a non-starter, there is no way Tallon even begins talking if Gillis mentions Gudbranson.

Huberdeau, Gudbranson and Kulikov are not going anywhere, especially not for a goaltender they don't desperately need. They have a rejuvenated Theodore and Markstrom coming up the pipeline.

If we somehow pull Doan out of Phoenix, then I can see us going for Matthias, Ellerby, Clemmensen and a 2nd for Lu and Raymond.

If we aren't able to sign Doan, then I can see us going for Versteeg, Matthias, Ellerby and Clemmensen for Lu, Raymond and a 1st (plus whatever prospect Florida has their eye on).

Florida has already made some moves to bolster their lineup down the middle which has made players like Goc and Matthias expendable. I like Goc but I believe that Gillis would obviously be more interested in gaining Matthias. Raymond will likely be dealt to them as he fills a need they have on leftwing.

Clemmemsen comes back to make room for Lu since IIRC Theodore has an NTC and a desire like many blue hairs, to retire in Florida. Ellerby is young, has size and potential; and would be an upgrade over MAG for defensive depth.

I would absolutely prefer Doan over Versteeg, but if we end up with the latter, I would hardly call it a failure. I think either player would be a solid addition to the roster. I like these trade scenarios far more than the BS proposals Leafs fans are pushing.

Are you %@!ing kidding me? So you guys are seriously proposing we trade a high end starting goaltender who is just 1 season removed from a vezina nomination, a talented, young defensive defenseman who will be a top 4 in a few years, a top 6 forward, and a 1st round pick for....

An undersized 20 goal scorer and a defenseman who accomplished -19 and 8pts in his first season?

What a ridiculous over payment.

Are you %@!ing kidding me? So you guys are seriously proposing we trade a high end starting goaltender who is just 1 season removed from a vezina nomination, a talented, young defensive defenseman who will be a top 4 in a few years, a top 6 forward, and a 1st round pick for....

An undersized 20 goal scorer and a defenseman who accomplished -19 and 8pts in his first season?

What a ridiculous over payment.

Three way trade between NYR, FLA, VAN

To Fla- Luongo and raymond

To NYR- Versteeg (Need some scoring if they don't get Nash)

To Van- Dubinsky (Exactly what we need, a great 3rd line centre with grit who can move up and play with kes if we have injuries or a slump) maybe a 3-4 round pick thrown in from florida also.

Overall a good very realistic hockey trade. It may seem we are giving up a lot by giving a top 10 goalie and a potential top 6 forward, but we already have our top 6 (especially when Doan signs) and a number one goalie for years to come.

Three way trade between NYR, FLA, VAN

To Fla- Luongo and raymond

To NYR- Versteeg (Need some scoring if they don't get Nash)

To Van- Dubinsky (Exactly what we need, a great 3rd line centre with grit who can move up and play with kes if we have injuries or a slump) maybe a 3-4 round pick thrown in from florida also.

Overall a good very realistic hockey trade. It may seem we are giving up a lot by giving a top 10 goalie and a potential top 6 forward, but we already have our top 6 (especially when Doan signs) and a number one goalie for years to come.

Archived