Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burrows101

Dave Bolland? Hell no/yes!

348 posts in this topic

The acquisition of Lapierre makes this statement laughable. Even though I thought he was the most improved Canuck last year when we picked him up he was pretty much out of the league he was so unpopular with both opponents AND teammates. I doubt very much that Gillis polled the room on Lappy and got the thumbs up from the team.

So... I just went back through this entire thread and checked out your points on "what it takes to be a Canuck".

You stated, in Post #38, that "...you've gotta have the heart of a canuck..." and that MG recruits "...class players...". Not sure what either of these is.

You go on to say, in Post #53, to mention things like "...active in the Community...", "...don't talk crap on the radio...", "...(don't) make childish jokes..." and "...a real person who lives a positive life...".

Is this what it takes to be a Canuck, Tallhouse? If it is, then players like Kes, Burr, Bieksa, Hansen, Luongo and Lappy are not fit to be Canucks because they don't fit what I understand to be your criteria. I certainly can't describe any of these guys as "classy".

:towel::canucks:

So... I just went back through this entire thread and checked out your points on "what it takes to be a Canuck".

You stated, in Post #38, that "...you've gotta have the heart of a canuck..." and that MG recruits "...class players...". Not sure what either of these is.

You go on to say, in Post #53, to mention things like "...active in the Community...", "...don't talk crap on the radio...", "...(don't) make childish jokes..." and "...a real person who lives a positive life...".

Is this what it takes to be a Canuck, Tallhouse? If it is, then players like Kes, Burr, Bieksa, Hansen, Luongo and Lappy are not fit to be Canucks because they don't fit what I understand to be your criteria. I certainly can't describe any of these guys as "classy".

I would just find it hilarious if Luo was going to Chicago, and Bolland was coming here.

Excuse me while I throw up in my mouth.

I would just find it hilarious if Luo was going to Chicago, and Bolland was coming here.

Excuse me while I throw up in my mouth.

what happends on the ice is hockey, how you conduct yourself off the ice shows your true colors, Kes, Burr, Bieksa, Hansen, Luongo and Lappy are active members in there community and they've all reached out too/ supported causes like Equal rights, anti- bullying,Depression awareness, Schizophrania & many more over the years, David Bolland has a golf tourny for celebrities....

I dont respect the way Bolland acts off the ice and the things he has said about our City and our team, its garbage, I'm not saying our boys are perfect and Im not claiming to know a whole lot about Bolland but from what I've seen and heard, no he will never be a Vancouver Canuck

Thanks, Tallhouse. I understand better now what you mean about what you think it "takes to be a Canuck". :)

Most professional athletes are involved in these types of community activities. Players, coaches and Gm's who are not involved in their communities are few and far between.

I agree that chances are slim that Bolland will be a Canuck, but, he sure would help the team on the ice, IMO.

FYI, most charity events involve celebrities. Bolland's tourney isn't for celebrities, it raises money for groups like the Remix Project that benefits youth in Toronto and Chicago

Kesler and Burrows have dived, and Burrows had the biting thing (although Bergeron put his freaking finger in his mouth), but besides that... why don't the other players you mentioned fit that criteria? They all seem like pretty squeaky clean players as far as professionalism goes. And don't mention the stupid Luongo comment on Thomas thing, that comment was blown out of proportion x9001.

Luongo is a diver / flopper / head-snapper / whiner... Hansen is a whiner... Lapierre whines and goads and uses his stick in a less than gentlemanly manner... Bieksa's mouth flaps tons after the whistle... Even the "squeaky clean" Sedins dive a lot.

With all of this said, I am only trying to be objective and see both sides. I love the Canucks, dude, and I cheer loudly, with all of my buddies, for all of the guys I mentioned above.

The Canucks have a reputation around the league for being dirty and chippy and for diving, I'm just saying that I see some of it, too. It's not just the Canucks, either. There are many other clubs / players known for cheating, as we all know.

All of the boys are great off the ice, as we see on TV all the time with Canuck's Place, but, many of them are not so great on the ice.

I have been a Canucks fan since I was a tiny boy and that will never change. I just try not to view the team with the cliche "rose-colored glasses" that many fans see through.

No you dont understand quite yet... Bolland will NEVER be a Canuck...

FYI: Its pretty easy for your agent to slap your name on a golf tournament to build up your image while you shoot a few rounds with your buddies... what a role model that Bolland is...

blows my mind how much an alleged "fan" will keep going to bat for Dave Bolland :sadno:

Fair enough, as long as you admit (which you did) that it isn't just the Canucks who do it occasionally.

How do you know that Bolland "slaps his name" on this fundraiser? Are you privy to the inner workings of the Blackhawks charities? You continue to slag a player because he made some cheeky comments on the radio about the Sedins and Vancouver. He apologized. Get over it.

I'm not "going to bat" for Bolland. I am just trying to present facts instead of simply ripping guys for the sake of ripping them.

The thread was about Bolland helping the Canucks. I think he is a very good hockey player. I think he would help and you think he wouldn't. I'm OK with that, dude. :)

I don't know man Bolland in blue and green just does not process for me... :frantic:

It would be tough to wrap my head around it, too, but chances of it happening are pretty slim.

Sure would add some nice depth at centre, though. Bolland and Hjalmersson would work for me in a deal for Lu that would help both teams.

Did Bure ever come back? Would he have come back? Did Lindros put on the Nords jersey and play for them the following season?

Players hold grudges, not all players, but don't think for a second that all hockey players are saints because nothing is further from the truth.

May wasn't the main person though, it was Bertuzzi, and I don't remember that injury thing, but it was probably not that big of a deal either.

Both cases weren't a huge deal, (May wasn't the main guy so that's why, if he did it it would have been a different story) so it's not really a fair comparison. There was never really the same hate for each player like there is for Marchand and Bolland.

Like I said, there are just some players that your organization hates, and we have seen this throughout history, and that's the same case here.

I agree with what BUREV has been saying.

Let me use an analogy here. You come catch your handyman banging your wife....you and her work things out stay together. 2 years later that same handyman wants to rent a room in your house. Are you saying you would do it because the house would stay in better shape?

Some things are unforgivable...I would hope the Canucks organization would have a little more dignity than that

Dan Hamhuis got beat up by Burrows the year before signing with Vancouver.

He certainly didn't seem to hold a grudge, and was more than willing to sign here.

http://www.hockeyfig...om/fights/93153

Us not wanting Dave Bolland would be like Hawks fans saying they don't want Burrows.