The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dave Bolland? Hell no/yes!

burrows101

Bolland is an upgrade over both of them.

Tallhouse thinks Ebbett is "almost there"? He should be. He is almost 30. Ebbett is an undersized, non-physical, minor league depth player who can fill in temporarily, if necessary. Brule is similar with a little more physicality to his game.

:towel::canucks:

would never happen but id take bolland.. once he throws on that nucks uni hes no loner a dirty blackhawk and i bet us fans would learn to like him.. its jus like how people hate lappy and burrows but if either of them were traded to their team they would like them.. plus if we got bolland for lou we would never lose to the blackhawks cuz bolland would get in lous head and he'll let in 7 goals a game :D

Geez if players could not get passed some g rated small jabs on a radio station i wonder how well they deal with the r rated stuff they say on the ice to each other.

Dave Bolland is very good 3rd line center that plays with a edge and loves talking trash but im sure if there was a deal for Bolland to come the canucks that would not stop it from happening , Its not like we have not traded for well known trash talkers before

Bryan Bickell would be a nicer addition, I think. Gillis talks about being younger and bigger as well and Bickell is that. Plus, more in return for Luongo.

Bickell is 6'4, 230, same age as Bolland, his offensive numbers are a little less than Bolland's and he doesn't play center (which is currently only an issue right now. Depends who you talk to). However Bickell is obviously bigger, a better shot blocker and much more physical in general as well.

But with the addition of Raymond, again, we're now loaded on the left side.

I agree, but if you are looking for a small centre that provides skill in a depth role why would we go out and get Brule when Ebbett is more than enough. That is what I was saying, I think my post was misunderstood.

Bolland fills that void at the 3rd line centre shutdown role perfectly, Ebbett and Brule are not answers for that void in our line-up. Lapierre fits better on the 4th line at centre as he isn't skilled enough for 3rd line minutes IMO.

I also am interested to see how Malhotra responds to a full off-season of training. I could see him earning his 3rd line centre role back. Before his eye injury he was an awesome guy in that position.

Geez if players could not get passed some g rated small jabs on a radio station i wonder how well they deal with the r rated stuff they say on the ice to each other.

Dave Bolland is very good 3rd line center that plays with a edge and loves talking trash but im sure if there was a deal for Bolland to come the canucks that would not stop it from happening , Its not like we have not traded for well known trash talkers before

I was responding to Tallhouse's post, Datsyukian, not yours. Sorry for the misunderstanding, too. :)

I agree with everything you have written here, dude.

I also agree that Brule is worth a look on a 2-way contract.

:towel::canucks:

Archived