The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler

PunjabiCanuck

I think that this topic belongs in Proposals. I doubt that the Canucks will just give up Edler. The only way that Edler will get dealt is if he is bringing a big fish to Vancouver. I wouldn't think about trading Edler twice if it meant bringing Weber to Vancouver.

I don't understand all this talk about trading Edler for Weber. They are both UFAs this year, so getting Weber would only guarantee having him for this year. What makes you think he would sign after that? Even if he did, what would the price be? I think Edler would be more likely to sign with Van and his price would be much less.

Yes, he had a poor playoffs this year, as did the rest of the team. Hopefully his broken fingers will be rehabbed and he will return to his beastly form.

CDC...ye of no faith!

I just recently upgraded my cable. I have a channel called toonx. I have been watching spiderman from the early 90's when I get home from work. It's amazing! Reminds me of cartoons before elementary school! Xmen is on too! But I work nights and never get to watch it.

Now

What does this post and this thread have in common?

They are both stupid and pointless.

Man did the fan base ever turn on Edler fast. He has his best season to date, but starts to lose steam at about the last 15 games and the playoffs and BAM. I start to see threads declaring that he should be shipped off for all kinds of things. I don't wanna lose Eddy's shot after losing Salo's shot. Granted we have Garrison who has a lovely shot of his own, yet i still see a lot of value with a player with Edler's shot size and hitting ability...Edler just needs to go zen, talk to the now retire Lidstrom get some pointers and focus on finding his center

PS if with the new Bargaining agreement there is an amnesty clause for one contract, so the Lightening dump Ohlund's contract and we can resign him for a home town discount. That way we have added depth in our D as well as some one who can keep Eddy where he needs to be

Archived