The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Toronto and New Jersey Available)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Keep in mind when sending contract extensions

- Give reasoning why player x should remain with your franchise

- Provide an initial contract offer

- Provide what role they are expected to play

- Players will not like being lowballed

- Players may not accept your original offers

- Lowballing notable RFAs may cause them to hold out

- Not all players will want to remain with their team, I try to put myself in the head of the player when doing negotiations (that being said, not every player is going to want to test free agency either, for they would prefer to remain where they are)

- I will only be allowing contract extensions for players who are entering free agency at the end of THIS season

- Most important of all, MANAGE YOUR CAP! I highly reccomend you not spending every last penny, $ space to be able to call up a player pending injuries.

This is not directed at anybody, I have yet to read or go through any contract extensions, but I will be getting to them this week.

I want it to go up to around the 74 M mark. I think it would help as a lot of teams are right up at the maximum.

If we do roll back then the new contracts should reflect that. A player worth 6 million should be worth around 5 million, etc.

* I'm basing this on a roll back to 64 M

EDIT: If we stay with the 70M or 70.2 M cap then I want stiff penalties for teams that go over the cap. I'm not a fan of teams going over the cap, win some games then making adjustments when *VC* finds out

* Obviously if the system made the adjustments then it's not a problem.

* Not directed at UMB lol

IMO the cap should be set in stone at 70.

Build a cap smart team if you don't like being up against it, pretty simple guys.

This way agents also don't have to worry about inflation and can set a contract benchmark.

I want it to go up to around the 74 M mark. I think it would help as a lot of teams are right up at the maximum.

If we do roll back then the new contracts should reflect that. A player worth 6 million should be worth around 5 million, etc.

* I'm basing this on a roll back to 64 M

EDIT: If we stay with the 70M or 70.2 M cap then I want stiff penalties for teams that go over the cap. I'm not a fan of teams going over the cap, win some games then making adjustments when *VC* finds out

* Obviously if the system made the adjustments then it's not a problem.

* Not directed at UMB lol

Back from vacation. Tired though -_-. Was up at 4 this morning so that my Mom and I could drive from Alberta in time to make my class @ 5.

I see Calgary is continuing to do well. Parenteau, Stempniak, Tanguay, Colborne, and Baertschi are doing great!

Archived