The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who do you think should play with Garrison next season?

kj29

Garrison  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Edler- Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

(Throw in Alberts instead of Tanev when playing the more physical teams)

If we want to throw 3 equal pairings I'd like to see:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Garrison (Ballard's puck-rushing abilities and his good passing would be a nice compliment to Garrison's style and his big shot)

Edler - Tanev (Tanev is a great passer and puck mover as well and plays a smart defensive game which works well with Edler.)

Garrison needs to be fed the puck so that eliminates Bieksa.

If Hamhuis is the chosen one where goes Bieksa?

Edler and Bieksa together would be entertaining but not sure how many games we would win.

Garrison is defensively responsible so I vote for Ballard as a partner and put Bieksa on the third pairing for a while.

That way he might start playing like Ballard did down the stretch-as in cover for his mates and use his body.

Obviously Edler. No one else besides Hamhuis is good enough to cover his brutal defensive ability. Hamhuis is already covering Bieksa's terrible defensive ability.

Lol, our d sucks. Hopefully Garrison can turn that into a top notch line, with him they should have all the bases covered.

Edler or Ballard. Garrison would complement their games very nicely.

Ballard is the kind of guy who would benefit most from a defensively sound, defensive-minded partner, because Keith likes to rush the puck up the ice. If you go and watch a lot of his highlights from his Phoenix is Florida days, a lot of his assists are from him flying up the wing.

Depends on what MG still has left up his sleeve regarding trades. I'd still rather see some balance with L/R pairings all the way through the depth chart rather than pairing 2 LH shooters together if he's partnered with Edler. If MG can make something relatively significant (meaning: trading Ballard) happen regarding a RH partner for Edler --- preferrably a puck-moving defenceman --- I'd have no problem with Garrison on the 3rd line with Tanev. Had my eye on Mike Green, but, I don't see that happening.

Eddie Eagle or Ballard.

If Tanev's ready (or Garrison slumps) I'd be willing to try Eddie - Tanev, Ballard - Garrison (Tanev and Ballard would be the puck moving guys and passers, whereas Eddie and Garrison provide the cannon for their passing mates to rack up assists. Either combo with Hamhuis, Garrison and Tanev all on separate units should provide the stability needed.)

Obviously Edler. No one else besides Hamhuis is good enough to cover his brutal defensive ability. Hamhuis is already covering Bieksa's terrible defensive ability.

Lol, our d sucks. Hopefully Garrison can turn that into a top notch line, with him they should have all the bases covered.

I would be very intrigued to see him with Ballard and think they might be awesome together but then were f'ed with Edler again. He has to play with him or AV is just stupid. Everyone else has proven they can't adapt their game to play with Edler.

Keith Ballard.

Edler first off, I think that's a pair we should try off the get go but I think if Garrison was put with Ballard it would be a great scenerio for both players. It would enable Keith to use his speed more and join the rush more like we have seen with Bieksa, and I think Ballard would really benefit, more so than Eddie.

Tanev seems to be developing into a realiable defensive defensemen. Since Garrison is more of a shut down guy, it might be more effective playing a shut down role with Tanev. He'll also be able to play the Left side. Tanev could compliment to Garrion's game by adding good mobility.

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Garrison-Tanev

Ballard-Edler

Archived