The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manny "The Mentor" Malhotra

shawn antoski

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was thinking if Schroeder is able to crack the lineup, he should play wing along side Manny.

-Malhotra will still take most of the faceoffs, having Malhotra on that line as a mentor for Schroeder could provide a real boost for his development

-One of the best ways for Schroeder to learn how to win faceoffs, is to watch one of the best in the game doing it right in front of him everyday.

-Last season sometimes Manny would take the faceoff and then switch over to wing due to his eye injury. Schroeder is most comfortable playing center, he has struggled when he has to play wing, so it would work if him and Manny switch.

-Based on the forwards we have as of today, this is the lineup I'd like to see.

Daniel Sedin ----------- Henrik Sedin ---------David Booth

Mason Raymond ------Ryan Kesler-----------Alexandre Burrows

Chris Higgins ---------- Maxim Lapierre------- Jannik Hansen

Jordan Schroeder------Manny Malhotra------ Zack Kassian

Aaron Volpatti----Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /

-if you were to add Kassian to there line it would help him as well. His minutes would be limited and controlled (AV loves that).

-Malhotra would be the perfect on ice coach for both Kassian and Schroeder. he will tell them what to look for and where to be and what mistakes they made.

I think the faceoff aspect is something that can be learned in practice. Schroeder has apparently struggled on the wing and I'd much rather have Volpatti and Pinizzotto battle it out for the 4th line winger position and give us more toughness there.

I dont think they should split duties... I agree Manny is a great mentor, especially when CoHo was still here but Schroeder will get a chance at 2nd line center while Kes is injured and then he can go be first line center with Chicago and work on consistently putting points on the board every night. Scouts say this kid is really skilled but consistency is his issue.

i agree with you I would like more toughness on the 4th line aswell,

I was thinking that Malhotra has been struggling with his other duties as a center due to his eye injury and last season he was switching after he took the faceoff. Maybe him and Schroeder should do the same thing, it will benefit Schroeder

Archived