The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Exactly, he loves Phoenix, but he wants to settle down somewhere now. If he signs a 1 year deal, and the team moves, suddenly he has to go through the same process again, and that's hard on his family.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/articles/2012/07/23/20120723phoenix-coyotes-shane-doan-still-waiting-visits-other-teams.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

“We’re still trying to decide which other visits he’s going to take,” Bross said. “We’re mulling that over right now.”Doan has had conversations with Jamison, but Bross said he hasn’t heard from Jamison and isn’t sure how recently the former San Jose Sharks executive reached out to Doan.“I’ve had contact with (General Manager) Don (Maloney), who is giving me reports from them,” Bross said. “I haven’t heard anything from them.”

yeah I honestly feel the longer this is taking, almost the better. Because with each day that passes, it just shows that the ownership is not at all getting sorted out. It's to the point where Shane probably knows he has to make a decision, like he says in the video, he has to plan a family move and get settled etc, and each day the ownership doesn't settle I think he would get a little bit more impatient.

I obviously know nothing about the situation or Shane Doan personally, but from the type of character he seems to be, I would think being on a contender would be his number one priority. Hopefully he feels like he fits with Canucks as much as we feel he'll fit here.

And who knows what "most likely" means. He's probably pitching that to every interested team's media sources.

I think that if the situation doesn't get resolved in Phoenix, it'll be either VAN of SJS. Both are on the west but VAN obviously has a edge because it's more close to his hometown as well as we are one of the elite teams in the NHL right now.

On a side note.. Doan would a perfect fit here. A perfect blend of leadership and size - exactly what we are lacking.

I have a feeling it`s gonna be New York for Doan now. After getting Nash and still having a huge amount of cap space, they can easily sign him.

They were the first team he visited too and apparently he was really impressed with the Rangers facilities.

His agent said that he also wanted to go to a team with a proud history and tradition, and one that had a chance to win. Pretty much the Rangers.

I have a feeling it`s gonna be New York for Doan now. After getting Nash and still having a huge amount of cap space, they can easily sign him.

They were the first team he visited too and apparently he was really impressed with the Rangers facilities.

His agent said that he also wanted to go to a team with a proud history and tradition, and one that had a chance to win. Pretty much the Rangers.

Archived