The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dave Pratt on CKNW just now talked to Shane Doans agent

Doans agent: "We've been in constant contact with the Canucks"

Pratt: Are Canucks on the short list? Doan's agent: "Yes" Pratt: "Are the Kings?" Agent: Haven't spoke to Doan about the Kings recently

Now that he has his $110 mil contract Shea can confidently talk to Doan about the Pred money pit!

Doan's tour back east is more of a time killer than anything else. I hardly doubt he plays in the east. He can make his eastern tour, come back to Kamloops and regretfully annouce his signing with Vancouver since the PHX situation cannot be resolved.

By what stretch can anyone suggest that the disaster in PHX can be resolved anytime soon. My thought is that Doan wants a real chance of winning the CUP in Canada before his retirement. The only way he plays in PHX is that they give him some ownership.

new york just lost a lot of depth down the middle. they're putting a lot of pressure on stepan, kreider and boyle not to backslide and if any of those 3 or brad richards get hurt, they're in trouble. unless they use some of that cap space and whatever assets necessary to add a piece or two at center, my money is on the rangers getting worse next year, not better.

So if the Rangers add doan, and nash is already there, are you seriously saying Doan and Nash are worse then Anismov and Dubby? Okay!!!!! Derek Stepan has already proven he can be a soild second liner 45 to 51 to probably 60 plus next year. Rangers will not be worse next year that is absurd. If Henrik Sedin Ryan Kesler get hurt it will put a lot of pressure on are center position too. You cannot bank on players getting hurt its a straw man argument. They are solid at the center position and are a good team. You are going to loose your money! :)

Shane Doan is obviously MGs big target. MG knows he has a real shot at landing the veteran star and is willing to wait for Doan to decide. I think it's the smart move as Shane would be the perfect fit here. His aggressive play and "never back down," attitude would, hopefully, become contagious. A player like Kassian could use a mentor that plays the style he needs to develop to become effective. It would also help Kesler get back to his gritty, in your face style that makes him successful.

His age would also be a selling point in acquiring him. With Jensen appearing to be only a couple of seasons away, a shorter term deal would definately be favorable. A 3 or 4 year deal would pave the way for Jensen to step into the second line.

Although he is 35 years of age, he can still produce at an effective rate. The second line would become a force and relax the pressure that is put on the Sedins night in and night out.

Acquiring Shane Doan would also put less pressure on MG to make a Luongo deal. With Doan in the top six, we would be good enough to start the season without Lou being dealt and MG could wait for another team to get desperate enough to become more cooperative and make a deal thats more beneficial to us.

A lot of talk is focusing around Florida as the best trade partner for a Lou deal. While this may be best for Lou, it may not be MGs best option. I think when push comes to shove, it's gonna be Burke who folds first. He is under immense pressure to get them to the playoffs this coming year; I think any sign of struggle in net is gonna scare him into pulling the trigger. He is in his contract year; Without a playoff appearance I think his fate is sealed. This is where MG gets to dictate the deal. The key is patience.

K. We all have to recognize something as a group here. This man is one of 2 things:

1) He is a troll, and is feeding off of our attention OR

2) He literally has mental problems. This isn't a personal attack, I know some people are difficult, but in the event that he's not being a troll I do honestly believe he has psychological issues (grandiose delusions, megalomania). If he truly did have an IQ of 150+ he'd be able to recognize the very simple difference between an opinion and a fact, and even the most socially inept people do not act like this, anywhere. If they do it's a warning sign.

Also the fact that he couldn't wait more than 9 minutes between him posting and someone replying to him before he posted again that nobody can argue against him (post #105-106 on this page) is really disturbing. He's craving this. It is feeding him.

My point is, it doesn't matter which of these is the actual case, we really need to stop addressing him. Either he wants us to and is enjoying it, or we're actually helping feed his mental instability. In this case he doesn't need anonymous people berating him, he needs professional help, and it's just frustrating to ourselves because it will be literally impossible to change his point of view.

I know I said I would stop addressing him before, and this will be the last of it for me.

Archived