Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Canucks 30

?

1,834 posts in this topic

Take a frickin chance. The amount of money we have wasted on other players, giving Doan $6m, $6.5 or $7m doesn't seem all that bad. Seriously, $3.5m salary and $3.5 signing on fee each year for 3 years. Come on we gave Sundin a stupid amount of money and I would say Doan will give more to the team than Sundin ever would.

Wow.

If you're going to call someone a "dumbass", you should have your facts straight. I'd like to know who the two geniuses were who gave you pluses for that post... :wacko:

Do you guys think Doan might sign here for Sedin money?

So 4 years @ $24,400,000?

Doan for three years @ five million is the most I'd do; I wouldn't want to ruin the core (Burrows and Edler) for an aging forward.

Doan for three years @ five million is the most I'd do; I wouldn't want to ruin the core (Burrows and Edler) for an aging forward.

There's no way Doan is worth anything close to Sedin money. Not on this team at least.

There's no way Doan is worth anything close to Sedin money. Not on this team at least.

I completley agree with KevinB. Trade Ballard to free up cap space if we have to.

Cup contender eh? These players all say the right things, but they're just blowing smoke.

I doubt Doan would want to go east especially to the habs after the season they had

Has Doan even met with the Canadiens yet? If not don't believe what that guy tweeted.

Who is that clown that tweeted that? Why exactly would he want to go to montreal anyways

Who is that clown that tweeted that? Why exactly would he want to go to montreal anyways

Totally agree. That's the max I would do. Jensens prob on the team in 2013-12, Kassian will probably be in the top 6 at that point as well. Plus whatever young piece they get in a goalie trade. There's no room for him after 3 yrs, IMO - he'll be 39 and taking up a lot of cap space.

The Canucks better not blow this chance to land Doan by offering 3 years max if Doan wants 4. Give him the 4 and make every damn effort possible to get him on the team.