The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's interesting that Bergevin stated "theres no way i'm buying out Gomez", and now he's doing just that.

(This is the article i'm referring to) - Bergevin saying he won't buy Gomez out: http://www.sportsnet...real_canadiens/

Bergevin expected to buy Gomez out:

http://www.sportsnet...real_canadiens/

I doubt Bergevin goes back on his word unless he's got something like Doan lined up.

<p><p>

There are only a few forwards in the league worth more than the Sedins, and Doan ain't one of em. There is too much uncertainty with the new CBA and cap, it's to risky to give him term and $$. I just hope the rumors aren't true.

It's interesting that Bergevin stated "theres no way i'm buying out Gomez", and now he's doing just that.

(This is the article i'm referring to) - Bergevin saying he won't buy Gomez out: http://www.sportsnet...real_canadiens/

Bergevin expected to buy Gomez out:

http://www.sportsnet...real_canadiens/

I doubt Bergevin goes back on his word unless he's got something like Doan lined up.

For the Canucks to bring in anyone new over the age of 35, they would have to be of Doan quality or better. I am all for acquiring Doan, but the pricetag is the question. At 4 years 30million, I would most certainly pass....at 3 years 20 million, i may go for it..but that is my ceiling both in term and total cap hit: 6.66m

Take a frickin chance. The amount of money we have wasted on other players, giving Doan $6m, $6.5 or $7m doesn't seem all that bad. Seriously, $3.5m salary and $3.5 signing on fee each year for 3 years. Come on we gave Sundin a stupid amount of money and I would say Doan will give more to the team than Sundin ever would.

Lu has more value than Vinny.

Vinny's contract is worst, he hasn't been an all star since 2008, point totals are down, -47 in the last 4 years. Unless TB adds more in a bigger package, no thanks. I'm a Vinny fan too.

David Shoalts from the Globe and Mail says that the Coyotes "should learn today if Shane Doan has run out of patience..." Article here: Globe and Mail.

I believe Shoalts was the reporter who claimed Doan was "demanding" $30 million over four years, which was later shot down by Doan's agent, so take this for what it's worth.

Doan is very lucky that there is absolutly nobody else available. If he had any competition there is no way he would get these numbers. Would love to see him on the nucks but don't want him at the numbers talked about. If nucks sign him for more then 6million per year these sames guys on CDC that want him so bad will be asking for Gillis's head. Rather have the cap money for next year where the UFA class is stellar.

<p><p>

Sedins signed that contract before they really broke out. People were still questioning if they were true 1st liners. You can't get a truly elite player for 6.1 or less.

That said, 36-year-old-and-up Doan is not going to be "truly elite", so I wouldn't pay him that anyways.

Are you frickin kidding me? Shane Doan will offer more than a 6'5" beast center, 1st ballot hall-of-famer? Doan's career high was 31 goals - Mats scored at least that 13 times.

Doan - 1,198GP, 318G, 470A, 788Pts

Sundin - 1346GP, 564G, 785A, 1349Pts

As much as Sundin obviously lost a step when he took time off before coming to Vancouver, he was still on pace to produce more than Doan did last year.

How is anybody knocking Sundin??

Kesler playing on a line with him and Demitra was literally the best thing for his career to date.

For the Sedins, they learned from the way he handled himself and got advice from him.

I don't know about anybody here but I loved watching games that season, the RPM line was fun to watch.

The economics behind the Yotes sale blow me away. They aren't there. Cities in the USA are now going bankrupt. Detroit has been bankrupt for some time and the state threatens to assume management. 3 cities in California are now under. PHX has how many vacant houses since the boom collapsed? How many households are not paying their property taxes? I suspect the only reason the existing City council even considered the deal with the Yotes lease was that they were potentially losing more without a tenant. Sending good money after bad wears a bit thin to the average citizen.

With the pending debt crisis edging closer not only will citizens turn this deal down in PHX but investors with Jamieson will scatter. Any business manager in his right mind would be councilling Shane Doan to run too.

David Shoalts from the Globe and Mail says that the Coyotes "should learn today if Shane Doan has run out of patience..." Article here: Globe and Mail.

I believe Shoalts was the reporter who claimed Doan was "demanding" $30 million over four years, which was later shot down by Doan's agent, so take this for what it's worth.

Archived