The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I had to sign in to squash this. We have to be extremely careful here. If we dont spend a bit more and get a piece like Doan, though I believe there isnt any, then yes we'll have a compettitive team in the future....but we wont win. Spend now...win now. Save and play golf.

@News1130Sports: As we told u last night - #Canucks bosses Francesco Aquilini, Mike Gillis & Lawrence Gillman meet with Shan Doan

at the Italian Kitchen.

@News1130Sports: Buffalo still has CRAZY offer on table for Doan but if it's a west coast team he picks - the #Canucks are the front-runners.

@News1130Sports: #Canucks can not offer Doan the most money but they may be able to offer Doan the best "fit".

I am curious as to which players Doan met with from Vancouver?

As some have suggested signing Doan does not make Van a CUP favorite IMHO. Not having seen Garrison play much he is still a ? mark for me. It is not out of line to expect better seasons from a number of players. Having a Doan anchour the 2nd line should benefit the 1st line in a big way.

Guarded optimism as I thought we had Schultz as well.

@News1130Sports: As we told u last night - #Canucks bosses Francesco Aquilini, Mike Gillis & Lawrence Gillman meet with Shan Doan

at the Italian Kitchen.

@News1130Sports: Buffalo still has CRAZY offer on table for Doan but if it's a west coast team he picks - the #Canucks are the front-runners.

@News1130Sports: #Canucks can not offer Doan the most money but they may be able to offer Doan the best "fit".

Watch Kesler when he was on the RPM line or on the PP. Saying him and Booth have no on ice vision is going a little far. Kesler can be a good playmaking center. Ideally a guy like Tanguay would be on that line, but he's not available.

I am not opposed to picking up Doan, I just don't have very high hopes of him signing here. He has made it very well known his preference is to stay in the desert, if the coyotes have an owner and will stay in the desert. After that, there are teams with more money to throw at him, and teams with less 'pressure cooker' atmospheres to offer him. Our offer, it seems to me, would be less money, more stress and playing for and helping a Contender. There are a couple other options for Doan to consider, which offer more money, less stress and playing for and helping a Contender. Unless he really wants to play on a Canadian Team, which may be the case, our offer would be less appealing than some American team offers.

Archived