The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fair enough. Your point about forechecking is also duly noted and I've seen Daniel Cleary do exactly that over his years in the league. I just think he'd probably learn that part quicker on a line with Lapierre & Hansen, but that's not exactly a wise choice for a coach to make: plant $4.25m on the third line for half a year.

edit I haven't read through all of the posts but was wondering the 4 yr/ $30 mil is just speculation, right? I am of the opinion that we should do our best to sign Doan. I'm not as worried about his potential 'decline', in fact I think he could have some of his best seasons in years if he came here.

The Coyotes still have my $250 season ticket deposit... Don't leave town!!!!

I can't believe the only guy they could recruit for this team was a guy w/ no real money...

Why not find a Russian billionaire who's looking for a toy to play with??? This is such a joke.

I want the team to stay badly and will be totally bummed if they leave, but even if they do stay, I have this feeling they'll be in the same position in another 2-3 years...

I think with a full season after getting acclimated we will see an improvement in booth, not that he needs to give much of an improvement he was doing quite well for portions of the year before bad injury. And even while his production was low you noticed booth being physical he laid some people out pretty hard in the playoffs.

This is all setting up like Schultz. It looks like Gillis made a good pitch, Doan is a great guy, loves the city, ties to province, money isn't important! Then Bam! Signs somewhere else!

What happens if he signs in Buffalo for $30M? Do you all hate Doan now? Will he get booed when he comes to Vancouver?

These processes are hilarious now. It's like a big parade and then cities like Vancouver and Toronto end up hating the player when they choose another location. I miss the days when all of the recruiting and negotiating was done somewhat behind the scenes.

Right, because the $41 million and change that he's accumulated in his playing career is chump change. http://www.hockeyzon...om/salaries/909

I don't see Doan as being about the money, not in the slightest. If that was at all in his character he would have bolted from the Coyotes long ago. People don't change all that much, the fact that Doan has been as committed as he has been to Phoenix would suggest he wants not only the best thing for his family, but also for the last few years of his playing career; hoisting Lord Stanley.

The ONLY reason Doan has not re-signed in Phoenix is due to the gong show revolving around the ownership of the Coyotes. It's not just about being able to pay him his money, it has to do with the overall quality of the product being put on the ice. The Coyotes are a minimalist spending team regardless of what anyone says, with yearly losses greater than the current salary cap floor, I just cannot see how Phoenix survives more than 3 seasons regardless of who owns the team.

Doan is moving on, I believe he is pragmatic and ensures he wants the best fit; not the biggest paycheck.

Edit** The numbers of 4 years/30 Million are purely speculative, I don't know why everyone buys into that as being fact.

I like the idea. Nice physical mix on the bottom 3 lines. Burrows and Kesler have always played well together. Bring Schroeder up and try him at that 3rd line center for a few games. This lineup is without a Lou tradde as well.

I have a hunch, some big announcent will be released on BC Day ;) That is when the whole Luongo & Doan situations will be resolved and outcome announced on this day. My crystal ball says good things gunna happen for the Canucks and their fans on that day.

stay tuned...

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2012/08/01/greg-jamison-lacks-cash-needed-to-run.html?ana=twt

Greg Jamison lacks cash needed to run Coyotes after possible purchase

Greg Jamison still doesn’t have all the cash needed to finalize his purchase of Phoenix Coyotes hockey team from the National Hockey League and then also operate the franchise after a sale.

Operating capital could be the newest obstacle facing the Jamison purchase and the Coyotes tenuous situation in Glendale...(more)

I only believe him right now because he's got things correct lately.

When he is off (like Parise & Suter), I don't believe him until he gets some things right.

He got the Kaleta signing right, and that new Russian defensman for Tampa Bay (Korobov).

So as of right now, I can believe it.

Archived