The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Shane Doan wanted to play with the Canucks SO BAD he'd be signed already.

If his priority is to win now, he'll choose the Rangers because they have a better chance of winning in the next 4 years than the Canucks do.

Don't hold your breath folks. We have a shot, but it would take Doan choosing BC over chance to win IMO. Canucks are a great team, but the Rangers I think are better positioned over the next 4 years.

If his priority is to win now, he'll choose the Rangers because they have a better chance of winning in the next 4 years than the Canucks do.

Don't hold your breath folks. We have a shot, but it would take Doan choosing BC over chance to win IMO. Canucks are a great team, but the Rangers I think are better positioned over the next 4 years.

Not sure why you think the rangers have such a big chance to win the cup over us, maybe because of Nash?

Canucks IMO have just a good a chance or even better chance than the rangers and i just find it hilarious that because of 1 good season(finally) by the rangers they are considered the top team in the NHL. Sure they have some good players, chemistry, great goalie etc. Thing is we have players that we have watched over the last 5 years have a bit of a down year this last season and it doesnt all mean they wont bounce right back and have good years again. Dammit we still won the damn presidents trophy lol with most of our players haveing down years lmfao.

We have all the tools to win the cup i have no doubt about that, i just think the rangers need to put up some more good years and be in more playoff series for me to consider them a favorite over the nucks.

With the addition of doan i dont see how we are not the clear cut favorites to win the cup this season.

If we get him then we get him, and that is great, but if we don't which is more likely, just remember everyone he is 36 and he scored 78 points in 07-08...now at 50 points in 11-12 and looking most likely to dwindle more the coming year. 45 maybe? The year after 40 and so on and so on.

Just sayin: Doan is not the single most important answer to our teams question of trying to solve the cup. If we get him, good, if we don't then that is okay too, he is in his retirement slump off in points, as the facts bear out, and he is 36....I wouldn't like to give a roster spot to anyone over the age of 33 who isn't already a canuck player, but that is just me. The league is going younger, so lets not hinge our hopes on gramps over there.

:picard:

Look who the Canucks have to resign over the next 3 years as well. What certainty does Van have? Can Gillis go another round of 'home town' discounts? Adding Nash is a big deal for the NYR. Who would blame Doan for wanting a chance to join that lineup. He has earned the opportunity.

Van's roster doesn't have the depth or outright talent that the NYR have. On the defensive side Van might be a little stronger but their offence comes nowhere close to the Ranger potential. I highly doubt Gaborik has another poor year. Who does Doan know on the Rangers vs the Canucks. He played with Nash on Team Canada a number of times, people say they are friends. He knows Garrison but who else?

If it all about a CUP then how Doan rates the players on the two rosters also plays a big part in his decision no matter if they are friends or not. Doan also realizes that the Luongo trade will bring additional talent back to the roster. One could also argue that getting to the CUP final might be easier for a western Conference team this coming season. There is also the idea that he wants to expose his kids to Canadian schools for awhile as well.

Funny thing is doan is still hoping somehow Phoenix will sign him. If this guy that wants to buy the Phoenix club is short 20 million how's he going to pay all his players if he's short cash period. It goes beyond the purchase of a club. The longer this goes the less chance Doan is going to sign in Phoenix.

Funny thing is doan is still hoping somehow Phoenix will sign him. If this guy that wants to buy the Phoenix club is short 20 million how's he going to pay all his players if he's short cash period. It goes beyond the purchase of a club. The longer this goes the less chance Doan is going to sign in Phoenix.

The sad thing about this situation is I really think the longer it goes on he just signs a big one year deal in Phoenix and we have to go through this all again next year if the sale doesnt happen.

The whole Phoenix ordeal just seems to go on and on and nothing ever changes and nothing gets resolved.

Archived