The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So, if Luongo didn't ask to be traded - explain to me why we are trying to trade him right now????

Remember, he has a no-trade clause. So, we CAN'T shop him without his permission. So, explain how we can be shopping someone we aren't allowed to trade???

The fact that we ARE shopping him MEANS (with 100% certainty) that he HAS given us permission. That he HAS asked for a trade. It's the only possibility...

A voice of reason! It was getting lonely in here (funny you should mention it, but I'm actually an atheist too, so I'm used to being violently attacked for being right when everyone else is wrong)!

And, yes, I am condescending. Unlike the competition, I'm intellectually-honest and will admit when I'm wrong. I have about 50 IQ points on most of these guys, so when dumb people call me stupid - I like to show them that I'm WAY smarter than they are (so, if I'm stupid - what the hell does that make them)!...

Since everyone here vehemently believed that Luongo would never have asked for a trade - and since we've now proved beyond all reasonable doubt that he did in fact ask for a trade (then screwed the team by making that request public) - is anyone here going to change their mind and agree that maybe, just maybe, Luongo is a prima donna?

Since everyone here vehemently believed that Luongo would never have asked for a trade - and since we've now proved beyond all reasonable doubt that he did in fact ask for a trade (then screwed the team by making that request public) - is anyone here going to change their mind and agree that maybe, just maybe, Luongo is a prima donna?

I will agree that his "interview" on CFOX a while back struck a nerve with me, particularly with some of the comments he made. What Luongo did was in fact posturing of his own; he essentially forced Gillis to HAVE to trade him, it is now the only possible outcome; especially after speaking about the current team he is still legally under contract to in the past tense, and claiming "it is time to move on".

He's forced Gillis into a situation now where any GM interested in Luongo is going to wait Gillis out to the point where he will be forced to take a ridiculously bad return just to move the problem out of this market so it doesn't become a distraction to the rest of the team. A lot of the players on the team are very well educated, I can only imagine how they are viewing the clusterf*ck that is brewing.

In this regard yes, I do in fact believe that Luongo is a Prima Donna because he has the audacity to strong arm the situation the way he has, it's entirely about his ego at this point and everything he says to the contrary "whatever is best for the team" is again posturing to make him come out smelling like roses and Gillis knee deep in crap.

Here, allow me to illustrate why everyone is personally attacking me (without proving me wrong in any way). It's because you guys CAN'T prove me wrong, so your only hope is to attack...

For instance, here's what I said that has you all up in arms:

1. Luongo is a prima donna. If you've followed Luongo's Canucks career - you can't argue with that. At all!

2. Luongo wasn't nice to management. Again, if you've followed his career - it's impossible to argue this point.

3. Luongo asked for a trade three games after being benched. Can't argue with this, as he did it on television.

4. Luongo asked for a trade - then is forcing us to ship him to basically a single team. Again, this has been reported in the press. Can't argue there. Although, granted, this is about the only that you could argue slightly (based on the veracity of those reports). But, it's likely you will be wrong...

5. Luongo's family never moved here. Again, you can't argue this, it's a well known fact that's been reported on in the press many times.

6. Luongo's performance declined the last couple years. Again, there's no possible argument here. It's easy to look up stats and see that Luongo's nowhere near as dominant a goaltender nowadays (you guys are ignoring the fact that your saviour just got supplanted by a freaking rookie!!! If Lu's so bloody good, how did a rookie steal his job???). It's been reported on endlessly in the press.

7. He's got a ridiculous contract. Yet again, there's no possible argument. Virtually every hockey writer in the other 29 NHL cities have run articles about how bad Lu's contract is.

8. Luongo's contract is designed to cheat the rules. Again, no possible argument. The contract OBVIOUSLY was intended to circumvent salary-cap rules. Again, all 29 other cities have written about this.

9. Luongo made his trade request public. Yet again, there's no possible argument here. He did it on television.

10. Luongo made his trade request three games after he lost the starter's job. Again, no possible argument you can make. It happened on television. It's a fact.

So, there you have it. There is no possible arguments you guys can make. But, you don't like what I have to say (even though ALL TEN POINTS ARE OBJECTIVELY TRUE), so you personally attack me...

And, you all think you guys are the honourable ones! It's hilarious!

Sooooo, any news on DOAN?

Gotta love it when someone spends the better part of a page ranting about who's right/smarter/gotthebiggeste-peen; meanwhile, they're talking about another player altogether with more than a few threads dedicated to them, already.

A voice of reason! It was getting lonely in here (funny you should mention it, but I'm actually an atheist too, so I'm used to being violently attacked for being right when everyone else is wrong)!

And, yes, I am condescending. Unlike the competition, I'm intellectually-honest and will admit when I'm wrong. I have about 50 IQ points on most of these guys, so when dumb people call me stupid - I like to show them that I'm WAY smarter than they are (so, if I'm stupid - what the hell does that make them)!...

So, if Luongo didn't ask to be traded - explain to me why we are trying to trade him right now????

Remember, he has a no-trade clause. So, we CAN'T shop him without his permission. So, explain how we can be shopping someone we aren't allowed to trade???

The fact that we ARE shopping him MEANS (with 100% certainty) that he HAS given us permission. That he HAS asked for a trade. It's the only possibility...

Archived