The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

sooo.. assuming we are going to miss out on Doan coz we can't afford that high of a cap hit.. then what? Trades?? what do we have that we can afford to trade that'll be beneficial to the team in terms of an upgrade? Luongo? seems like no one is willing to trade for him and 3rd liner and picks ain't gonna help the team for a cup run. Raymond and Ballard?? i'm sure they barely have much value in terms of bringing back something significant. with everyone in the west especially the northwest improving. i don't see the team doing anything significant. all we really got is a first line.. and we'll have no clue what we got left in the second line and what kind of shape/condition kesler will be in. we have to hope our young forwards can somehow step up? knowing AV... probably ain't gonna happen... so do we even have a plan b or plan c???

WOW calm down!We had kesler hurt last season and year before many hurt players yet we won the president trophy!Think people forget we have one of the best teams here that is gettig older but still we have a couple years to work with and knowing MG he will get Luo traded before season's start.Doan who knows but we are one team he is willing to play for,so dont get all bent till luo is gone and Doan signs.

Anyone think the Doan camp is making this into a media circus to put pressure on the yotes to sign him for more money?

It's just very un-Doan like, I think it's all a game, I just don't buy into all this crap.

The yotes are below the cap floor, how couldn't they sign him?

Anyone think the Doan camp is making this into a media circus to put pressure on the yotes to sign him for more money?

It's just very un-Doan like, I think it's all a game, I just don't buy into all this crap.

The yotes are below the cap floor, how couldn't they sign him?

I understand all of that, it's just an odd situation that you would not expect from this kind of player. Even if the ownership impending deal falls apart as it looks like it will, the team will continue to be breast fed from the teet of Bettman. And you would think they still need to sign Doan regardless of the outcome especially if they are still below the cap floor.

But that makes perfect sense. Doan WON'T sign unless he knows they're staying in Phoenix. It has nothing to do with what they would offer him. He doesn't want to move wherever the team does in the next couple years, because he has no control over that.

The guys at EA Sports probably already have the inside scoop on Doan and Lu as NHL 13 releases in about a month from now; they must be cranking up the pressure for deals to get done soon as to put out correct rosters. Anyone here work for EA and know what number Doan will be wearing on the Canucks? Will Huet also be included in NHL 13 or will he have to be created? We should be focussing on EA and find out if Doan got suited up in motion capture video while he was out in Vancouver last week. :)

The guys at EA Sports probably already have the inside scoop on Doan and Lu as NHL 13 releases in about a month from now; they must be cranking up the pressure for deals to get done soon as to put out correct rosters. Anyone here work for EA and know what number Doan will be wearing on the Canucks? Will Huet also be included in NHL 13 or will he have to be created? We should be focussing on EA and find out if Doan got suited up in motion capture video while he was out in Vancouver last week. :)

Archived