The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Posted · Hidden by Templeton Peck, July 19, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Templeton Peck, July 19, 2012 - No reason given

Ha! We're not getting

anything decent for Lu... The best we could possibly hope for is albatross for albatross (Luongo for Nash). Other than that, we're getting hosed...

And, not just for one or two reasons, we're getting hosed for just soooooo many:

1. Lu's been a prima donna since day one (remember all the hoops he used to make management jump through - well, I shouldn't say 'used to', he's still doing it to this day?).

2. Lu's treated management as bad as management treated Bure. Well, OK, maybe not quite that bad, but not good either. And, who has to make a massive gamble to acquire Lu?... Right, another team's management... They're like elephants, they don't forget.

3. If you were a coach or GM, would you want a player who asked out of a decade-long contract after three games on the bench??? Ever???

4. Lu is reportedly steering the trade towards one or two teams (who have nothing we want).

5. Lu never moved his family here. Despite signing a contract in the 2000's - that ran through the 2010's - and into the 2020's... Would you want a player who cared that much about your city?...

6. Would you want a player (signed for another decade) whose production declined dramatically and almost immediately after he signed that contract?...

7. That contract.

8. Oh, and that contract was clearly designed so Lu could cheat the rules (and not play the last few years, yet still get paid the big bucks). Would you want a player who is OK with cheating?...

9. Luongo made his trade request public - thereby ensuring we don't get fair value. Again, would you want a player who did that to his last team on your team???

10. And, it's worth repeating... This isn't a long, drawn out thing or something that's been brewing forever. Lu is pissed that A BETTER PLAYER got to start THREE GAMES ahead of him. Three. Freaking. Games. And, he can't stand playing on this team anymore... Would you want a player like that on your team???

And, remember...

If you pick this player up - you are on the hook for like fifty million dollars - AND - you have to give up one or more decent players in exchange...

Oh yeah, and is this player famous for being a choker?...

Posted · Hidden by Templeton Peck, July 19, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Templeton Peck, July 19, 2012 - No reason given

1) Example? Luongo has always talked about how he wants to do what's best for the team, and he respected AV's decision to put in Schneider for 3 games.

2) Ur #2 point was already addressed in #1 so I'm assuming u just put it in there to make ur list look bigger.

3) He didn't ask out because of 3 games on the bench. In fact, it's uncertain whether he actually wants to leave or not. He simply said he'd waive his NTC. And the reason he said this is because he wants to do what's best for the team and he realizes that Schneider might be a better fit in Vancouver than he himself.

4) He's not reportedly steering anything. It's Gillis who's been talking with these teams because those teams are reportedly looking for a goalie. The only thing he's steering is that he wouldn't mind returning to Florida because his family lives there.

5) Think about what happens when u move ur family because of your job. When I was a kid my dad moved us from Vancouver to San Jose and i absolutely HATED it. I pretty much had my life set and then i had to get used to a whole new environment. Luongo has kids too. I'm pretty sure he must've talked to his family about everything before deciding that he wouldn't make them move to Vancouver.

6) Explain how his production has dropped "dramatically" in any way. In Luongo's career regular season stats he has only gone 1 year with a save % of under .913. That season was his rookie season with the Islanders. If you think about it, that's consistency at its finest. Don't bother bringing up playoffs. He was fairly inexperienced when he came from the Panthers to the Canucks. Yes he did amazing in his first postseason but there's a such thing called "beginner's luck". Something Steve Mason and Andrew Raycroft proved to have and Schneider could too. The risk with young goaltenders is pretty high. in '09 and '10 the Blackhawks exposed his inexperience with their huge offensive powers. In 2011 Luongo literally carried the team to the finals. Sure he may have almost allowed the Blackhawks to come back, but in Game 7 he was the reason we won the series and kept us alive in OT. In the Boston series, we only scored 8 goals in 7 games. Even if Luongo played at his best in every single game, we were likely to have lost. 2 of our wins that series came from shutouts. Again, all Lu right there. Last year he allowed 7 goals in 2 games. In Game 1 he was the only player that showed up. Game 2 is debatable. But we only score 2 goals both those games. The only game we won was the game we scored 3 goals. So by that logic Schneider didn't do much better to help win.

7) That contract is actually pretty good compared to Parise, Suter, DiPietro, Bryzgalov, Nash, Crosby, Rinne, and many more for the level he is capable of playing at.

8) Not play the last few years and still get the big bucks? Uhh in case u didn't realize, Luongo played 54+ games in all his years with the Canucks. If by "not play" you mean underperform, I already addressed that in #6.

9) Again, it wasn't a trade request. It was a "I'll do it if u ask me to" thing. The only way his trade value lowered is because of the signing of Schneider implying Luongo MUST be traded. That was Gillis's fault.

10) You repeated the same point twice again. You seem desperate to make ur list longer and it's hard for me to take you seriously. But I'm not tired of repeating myself cuz I'm a great guy like that. He was not pissed off because he didn't get to play 3 games. By that logic, he'd be pissed off cuz he didn't get to play 82 games every season. Ur just speculating that the reason he wants to leave is cuz of 3 games, when in fact, if he DOES want to leave at all, it's cuz of the idiot "fans" like you.

I also don't see why you're trying to make this a Luongo thread when it's clearly titled "[Report] No Shane Doan Decision For a Few More Weeks- Leaning Towards Coyotes".

Ha! We're not getting

anything decent for Lu... The best we could possibly hope for is albatross for albatross (Luongo for Nash). Other than that, we're getting hosed...

And, not just for one or two reasons, we're getting hosed for just soooooo many:

1. Lu's been a prima donna since day one (remember all the hoops he used to make management jump through - well, I shouldn't say 'used to', he's still doing it to this day?).

2. Lu's treated management as bad as management treated Bure. Well, OK, maybe not quite that bad, but not good either. And, who has to make a massive gamble to acquire Lu?... Right, another team's management... They're like elephants, they don't forget.

3. If you were a coach or GM, would you want a player who asked out of a decade-long contract after three games on the bench??? Ever???

4. Lu is reportedly steering the trade towards one or two teams (who have nothing we want).

5. Lu never moved his family here. Despite signing a contract in the 2000's - that ran through the 2010's - and into the 2020's... Would you want a player who cared that much about your city?...

6. Would you want a player (signed for another decade) whose production declined dramatically and almost immediately after he signed that contract?...

7. That contract.

8. Oh, and that contract was clearly designed so Lu could cheat the rules (and not play the last few years, yet still get paid the big bucks). Would you want a player who is OK with cheating?...

9. Luongo made his trade request public - thereby ensuring we don't get fair value. Again, would you want a player who did that to his last team on your team???

10. And, it's worth repeating... This isn't a long, drawn out thing or something that's been brewing forever. Lu is pissed that A BETTER PLAYER got to start THREE GAMES ahead of him. Three. Freaking. Games. And, he can't stand playing on this team anymore... Would you want a player like that on your team???

And, remember...

If you pick this player up - you are on the hook for like fifty million dollars - AND - you have to give up one or more decent players in exchange...

Oh yeah, and is this player famous for being a choker?...

Wow.... Its actually pretty impressive you believe most of that. That wasnt sarcasm was it... I almost want to believe it is.

On topic, I have a feeling for some reason that Doan will not stay with Phoenix.... Not sure if he will go to the Canucks but I think he will be lured away.

There have been reports that they have been lowballing him and he wasn't happy about it. Whether that's true or not, I'm not sure.

But you gotta believe that Phoenix's offer won't be close to what other teams are offering.

Every free agent is going to ask for the world in salary. Given the CBA expiring and the cap/revenue sharing maybe going down, players are going to want the most possible before the new rules come in.

Doan would be a fool if he did not go to the highest bidder. Something tells me we are not there :(

Archived