The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

He claims to have the additional $20M needed to buy the team but it also says he still needs to find the capital to run it. In addition, there is a court hearing on the 24th by a higher court to look at the petition that was rejected by the lower courts. The Goldwater group is still a threat to sue as well.

Scraping together the cash to buy a money-losing hockey franchise, is a recipe for disaster. They will be a budget team barely making the cap floor and the product on the ice will reflect that. That leads to fewer fans and more losses and eventually, the break-up of the investment group.

The NHL is showing very poor business judgement in allowing this mistake to carry on. There's a philosophy in golf...don't let one bad shot cost you more than one stroke. The NHL hit the ball deep into the woods in going to Phoenix in the first place, tried to hit a 350 yard recovery shot through dense forest that resulted in the ball bouncing further into the trees. They'd be better to just take an unplayable lie and accept their loss.

The approach being taken by Shane Doan's agent throughout this entire fiasco is quite disappointing. I understand that it is an agent's job to seek out the best deal available. However, am I the only one that feels that this could have been done behind closed doors? Why does Bross need to go out of his way to advertise to the world what teams are "in the mix"? All of this could be done in a far more professional manner and I think a person of Doan's character deserves better.

The agent is setting his client up to be the villain in a BIG way. What he is effectively doing is prostituting Shane out to the highest bidder. Just when we are led to believe that his list of teams has been narrowed, Bross gets in touch with a media outlet to say that another team is now in the mix, so as to drive up the cost. Bross only has his own interest and greed at heart, not Doan's. What he should be doing is privately finding the best deal for Doan and his family rather than turning him into Lebron James 2.0.

I would welcome Doan with open arms and would love to see him in Blue and Green. It's just such a shame that his agent is making it more and more unlikely with every passing day.

The approach being taken by Shane Doan's agent throughout this entire fiasco is quite disappointing. I understand that it is an agent's job to seek out the best deal available. However, am I the only one that feels that this could have been done behind closed doors? Why does Bross need to go out of his way to advertise to the world what teams are "in the mix"? All of this could be done in a far more professional manner and I think a person of Doan's character deserves better.

The agent is setting his client up to be the villain in a BIG way. What he is effectively doing is prostituting Shane out to the highest bidder. Just when we are led to believe that his list of teams has been narrowed, Bross gets in touch with a media outlet to say that another team is now in the mix, so as to drive up the cost. Bross only has his own interest and greed at heart, not Doan's. What he should be doing is privately finding the best deal for Doan and his family rather than turning him into Lebron James 2.0.

I would welcome Doan with open arms and would love to see him in Blue and Green. It's just such a shame that his agent is making it more and more unlikely with every passing day.

if doan is not staying in the desert, he's gonna go to a strong team. Nashville right now is up in the air. I don't think he'll go there even for more money.

Archived