The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So, most likely the acquisition won't materialize until the CBA is finalized and Doan won't sign until then and why would he? especially if he sees the possibility of a short season. The roll back wouldn't be a big deal for him cause he'd probably have to reduce his price (even now) for his beloved Phoenix anyway.

That pisses me off, Shane Doan accepting offers from other teams just to drive an offer up from Phoenix... And Bettman the little weasel that he is is probably helping with the millions of dollars needed to salvage this Coyotes franchise. Good luck winning a cup with Phoenix! Hahaha. Loyalty is everything but saying you want to win a Stanley Cup with a cup contender which clearly isn't Phoenix, well then what was the point in saying that if it wasn't true, everyone knows in Doans tenure left in the league, if he stays with Phoenix he will never win a cup.

Except.. he's said all along he would wait to see what was happening w/ the Phoenix ownership, and that that was always his first choice to re-sign there all along.

I sitll think it'd be dumb for him to re-sign there, as there's still no stability there, seeing as Jamison couldn't even afford to buy the team, and it's running at a loss. Anyway, Doan is not the one who whipped up all this hysteria

Morning NHL Buzz: Shane Doan getting close to finalizing four year deal with Coyotes? inside-story.gif

8:51am - Thu, Aug 9th, 2012 by DePaoli

RANGERS CLEAR NO.2 OPTION AFTER COYOTES

Shane Doan's decision about 10 days ago to give prospective Coyotes buyer Greg Jamison more time to bring in new investors after meeting with Jamison in person on July 29th appears likely to pay off in the long-run.

Word out of Doan's camp late Wednesday night began to circulate that Doan is getting close to "putting pen on the paper" with a particular team and that team is widely believed to be the Phoenix Coyotes with Greg Jamison finally making some headway on securing the sale of the franchise.

I see it like this, If Doan doesn't want to win a cup before he retires, he stays in phoenix. As a grown educated adult, im sure hes weighed his options, and we all know it's every hockey players dream to win the cup.

I don't know if hes a proud canadian, but I think it would be awesome to play in your country of origin. So I still see Vancouver as his destination, but who knows right.

I see it like this, If Doan doesn't want to win a cup before he retires, he stays in phoenix. As a grown educated adult, im sure hes weighed his options, and we all know it's every hockey players dream to win the cup.

I don't know if hes a proud canadian, but I think it would be awesome to play in your country of origin. So I still see Vancouver as his destination, but who knows right.

Just curious, but would you guys rather us win the cup and suck for a couple years after or have a chance of winning the cup every year?

Who cares what Doan signs for, will we even remember his salary when our team is raising the cup banner in Rogers Arena?

I can suffer a couple years of crappy hockey if we can just win 1 God damn Stanley Cup.

If someone offers you a job on the Alberta oil sands for $100k/year with tough working conditions, a crappy company, lower quality work mates, long cold winters and you have a wife and family... Are you going to take that over a $85k/year job in beautiful Vancouver for a better company, with more benefits, better coworkers, the office has a gym and spa, has more opportunity to advance and is a better environment for your wife and kids...?

the thing is you are blinded by the fact you live in vancouver. because this is your home you automatically think this is "beautiful vancouver." I look outside and yes it is. but this is sadly 2 months of the year. get back to me in november when its cold, windy, and raining. 10 months out of the year, we as vancouverites complain about how this city is dull, boring, cold and rainy.

doan has a vacation home up north during the summer and maybe that is good enough for him. maybe he likes living in phoenix where it is warm.

do you not think the Phoenix dressing room has a gym and spa?

you also fail to mention the pressure cooker Vancouver is, where we can turn on a world class/olympic gold medal goalie, where we criticize cody hodgson for wanting out, criticize av even though he is the winningest coach in team history.

and on top of that, you also have to consider cost of living.

Archived