Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Dave Pratt on CKNW just now talked to Shane Doans agent

Doans agent: "We've been in constant contact with the Canucks"

Pratt: Are Canucks on the short list? Doan's agent: "Yes" Pratt: "Are the Kings?" Agent: Haven't spoke to Doan about the Kings recently

Well Friday is apparently the deadline for Phoenix so maybe we'll get some awesome news this weekend :bigblush:
Posted Image

#272 Canuckfan1968

Canuckfan1968

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

Oh please sign with us. :)

#273 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Now that he has his $110 mil contract Shea can confidently talk to Doan about the Pred money pit!

Doan's tour back east is more of a time killer than anything else. I hardly doubt he plays in the east. He can make his eastern tour, come back to Kamloops and regretfully annouce his signing with Vancouver since the PHX situation cannot be resolved.

By what stretch can anyone suggest that the disaster in PHX can be resolved anytime soon. My thought is that Doan wants a real chance of winning the CUP in Canada before his retirement. The only way he plays in PHX is that they give him some ownership.

#274 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401361

According to TSN there are reports he's meeting with the Habs next week

#275 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,548 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401361

According to TSN there are reports he's meeting with the Habs next week

If true....this is just turning into another Sundin saga, MOVE ON GILLIS...

Doesn't make sense as he has stated many times he wants to play on a cup contender....Canadiens finished 27th last season...

Edited by Rypien37, 26 July 2012 - 08:51 AM.

Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#276 George_Costanza

George_Costanza

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

If true....this is just turning into another Sundin saga, MOVE ON GILLIS...

Doesn't make sense as he has stated many times he wants to play on a cup contender....Canadiens finished 27th last season...

and the little issue with him and the french
Posted Image

#277 LanghorneslimRules

LanghorneslimRules

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

new york just lost a lot of depth down the middle. they're putting a lot of pressure on stepan, kreider and boyle not to backslide and if any of those 3 or brad richards get hurt, they're in trouble. unless they use some of that cap space and whatever assets necessary to add a piece or two at center, my money is on the rangers getting worse next year, not better.

So if the Rangers add doan, and nash is already there, are you seriously saying Doan and Nash are worse then Anismov and Dubby? Okay!!!!! Derek Stepan has already proven he can be a soild second liner 45 to 51 to probably 60 plus next year. Rangers will not be worse next year that is absurd. If Henrik Sedin Ryan Kesler get hurt it will put a lot of pressure on are center position too. You cannot bank on players getting hurt its a straw man argument. They are solid at the center position and are a good team. You are going to loose your money! :)

Edited by LanghorneslimRules, 26 July 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#278 LanghorneslimRules

LanghorneslimRules

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

Shane Doan will now visit with Columbus and the New York Islanders, has also been linked to Ak Bars Kazan ( because he likes Vodka and low taxes and his second cousins once visited Moscow)

Edited by LanghorneslimRules, 26 July 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#279 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

If we don't sign Doan, what about Jason Arnott, perhaps for the 3rd line center?? He's big and experienced. The question is, what does he have left in the tank?

#280 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

If we don't sign Doan, what about Jason Arnott, perhaps for the 3rd line center?? He's big and experienced.  The question is, what does he have left in the tank?

Yep. Not a bad plan B at all....for the right price of course....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#281 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

So if the Rangers add doan, and nash is already there, are you seriously saying Doan and Nash are worse then Anismov and Dubby? Okay!!!!! Derek Stepan has already proven he can be a soild second liner 45 to 51 to probably 60 plus next year. Rangers will not be worse next year that is absurd. If Henrik Sedin Ryan Kesler get hurt it will put a lot of pressure on are center position too. You cannot bank on players getting hurt its a straw man argument. They are solid at the center position and are a good team. You are going to loose your money! :)

i wouldn't compare doan and nash to dubinsky and anisimov because it's irrelevant. the issue is at center ice, and the canucks are painfully shallow at that position too.

edit: go through the rosters of the last 4 or 5 cup winners and count how many natural centers they each had. even ones that didn't have a ton of them had natural wingers that can play center very effectively, like zetterberg, sharp, kane, etc.

Edited by tas, 26 July 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#282 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,499 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

"Prima Doana" is milking this for all it's worth .. this is the most attention anyone has ever paid to the silly bugger ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#283 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

"Prima Doana" is milking this for all it's worth .. this is the most attention anyone has ever paid to the silly bugger ..

Oh, I don't know....

...I think if you're planning on signing your last professional contract, you want to do your due diligence and consider all factors. I wouldn't be in a hurry if I were him either.

I certainly wouldn't put the impatience of fans around the league as one of my highest priorities...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#284 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

Yeah, he just loves the attention. I'm sure he's not just taking his time to carefully consider his future AT AL, it's all about the media coverage.

#285 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

Plan A for Doan is and always has been staying in Phoenix. He's trying to give them every opportunity to get the ownership issues dealt with. In the mean time he's taking offers from other teams as a Plan B. I don't see how trying to show loyalty to the team that drafted him while lineing up a contingent plan can be considered being a prima donna. If the Phoenix onership issue had been resolved by now he would have re-signed there already.

#286 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

Shane Doan is obviously MGs big target. MG knows he has a real shot at landing the veteran star and is willing to wait for Doan to decide. I think it's the smart move as Shane would be the perfect fit here. His aggressive play and "never back down," attitude would, hopefully, become contagious. A player like Kassian could use a mentor that plays the style he needs to develop to become effective. It would also help Kesler get back to his gritty, in your face style that makes him successful.

His age would also be a selling point in acquiring him. With Jensen appearing to be only a couple of seasons away, a shorter term deal would definately be favorable. A 3 or 4 year deal would pave the way for Jensen to step into the second line.

Although he is 35 years of age, he can still produce at an effective rate. The second line would become a force and relax the pressure that is put on the Sedins night in and night out.

Acquiring Shane Doan would also put less pressure on MG to make a Luongo deal. With Doan in the top six, we would be good enough to start the season without Lou being dealt and MG could wait for another team to get desperate enough to become more cooperative and make a deal thats more beneficial to us.

A lot of talk is focusing around Florida as the best trade partner for a Lou deal. While this may be best for Lou, it may not be MGs best option. I think when push comes to shove, it's gonna be Burke who folds first. He is under immense pressure to get them to the playoffs this coming year; I think any sign of struggle in net is gonna scare him into pulling the trigger. He is in his contract year; Without a playoff appearance I think his fate is sealed. This is where MG gets to dictate the deal. The key is patience.

#287 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

Doan is going to get "very aggressive" next week, and the Canucks are one of the teams still on his shortlist.

#288 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,499 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

:bored:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#289 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

Doan is going to get "very aggressive" next week, and the Canucks are one of the teams still on his shortlist.

Rumor, speculation, or what?
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#290 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,156 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

K. We all have to recognize something as a group here. This man is one of 2 things:
1) He is a troll, and is feeding off of our attention OR
2) He literally has mental problems. This isn't a personal attack, I know some people are difficult, but in the event that he's not being a troll I do honestly believe he has psychological issues (grandiose delusions, megalomania). If he truly did have an IQ of 150+ he'd be able to recognize the very simple difference between an opinion and a fact, and even the most socially inept people do not act like this, anywhere. If they do it's a warning sign.

Also the fact that he couldn't wait more than 9 minutes between him posting and someone replying to him before he posted again that nobody can argue against him (post #105-106 on this page) is really disturbing. He's craving this. It is feeding him.

My point is, it doesn't matter which of these is the actual case, we really need to stop addressing him. Either he wants us to and is enjoying it, or we're actually helping feed his mental instability. In this case he doesn't need anonymous people berating him, he needs professional help, and it's just frustrating to ourselves because it will be literally impossible to change his point of view.

I know I said I would stop addressing him before, and this will be the last of it for me.

Yea, that's what i was thinking. This guy hasn't really backup anything with anything. I mean, no one can be that idiotic. Althought it may not be mental problems but something that most ppl have or is a tendency we have. Once we have honed in on a belief, it is sort of hard to let that go.

i looked at all he had typed and you just have to lawl and move on.

I'm just gonna say, "So, Doan anyone?"

Edited by Monteeun, 26 July 2012 - 01:39 PM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#291 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

Rumor, speculation, or what?

Report.
http://canucksarmy.c...n-the-shortlist

#292 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,185 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Sarah McLellan@azc_mclellan

From Bross: Doan is hoping to hear some type of news from the Jamison group tomorrow. If he doesn't,likley starts negotiating w/ other teams

Doan is expected to talk on the phone tomorrow with Jamison. Doan has a list prepared of teams he's interested in.

Visits could resume after Friday, depending on what Doan hears. I'll have more on this later on @azcsports.

Also,

@aaronward_nhl

All indications Detroit #RedWings out of Shane Doan sweepstakes.Asking price too high.

Wow. Detroit has a ton of capspace, what is Doans asking price if they're out?

Edited by RunningWild, 26 July 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#293 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

what is detroit up to? they have glaring weaknesses, free agency is all but dried up and they don't really have much of a track record for acquiring impact players via the trade market in recent years.

but you have to know kenny holland has something up his sleeve.

#294 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Sarah McLellan@azc_mclellan

Also,

@aaronward_nhl

Wow. Detroit has a ton of capspace, what is Doans asking price if they're out?

might not be $$$ but years on the contract.

#295 NucksBruins

NucksBruins

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

If we don't sign Doan, what about Jason Arnott, perhaps for the 3rd line center?? He's big and experienced. The question is, what does he have left in the tank?

Or find a way to fit both under the cap? They are the type of veteran guys the Canucks have lacked for years. You get a third line center who can play top 6 minutes if needed and Doan solidifies the wing.

Doan Sedin Sedin
Booth Kesler Burrows
Higgins Arnott Hansen
Malhotra Lapierre Kassian
Wiese Ebbett as the extra forwards, injury fill ins.

Obviously, Raymond would be off the team in this scenario which is an entirely unusual idea on CDC...

That said, with the forwards the Rangers have and the easier travel schedule, I would be surprised if Doan doesn't sign there.
Posted Image

#296 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

what is detroit up to? they have glaring weaknesses, free agency is all but dried up and they don't really have much of a track record for acquiring impact players via the trade market in recent years.

but you have to know kenny holland has something up his sleeve.

IMO Detroit is losing its cache as a destination. Their roster is too old to be a serious contender. Besides all that there is the reality of Detroit the city. It has become a very unattractive wasteland of deserted buidloings and rampant crime.

#297 Darth Vader

Darth Vader

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

IMO Detroit is losing its cache as a destination. Their roster is too old to be a serious contender. Besides all that there is the reality of Detroit the city. It has become a very unattractive wasteland of deserted buidloings and rampant crime.

i was thinking the same thing just the other day

#298 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

i was thinking the same thing just the other day

Hey uh Vader. Nice for visiting and all but shouldn't you be catching your flight...

... Back to Detroit. :P

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#299 LanghorneslimRules

LanghorneslimRules

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

i wouldn't compare doan and nash to dubinsky and anisimov because it's irrelevant. the issue is at center ice, and the canucks are painfully shallow at that position too.

edit: go through the rosters of the last 4 or 5 cup winners and count how many natural centers they each had. even ones that didn't have a ton of them had natural wingers that can play center very effectively, like zetterberg, sharp, kane, etc.

Well your entire argument was at the loss of center ice men. The fact is stepan is better than either and Krieder has potential to be better then all of them. Your fact about bring up wingers playing center is silly and pointless the argument was that new york is worse off. Which of course is insane. Ps Kane sucked huge nuts at center!

#300 Charlie.the.Unicorn

Charlie.the.Unicorn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Well your entire argument was at the loss of center ice men. The fact is stepan is better than either and Krieder has potential to be better then all of them. Your fact about bring up wingers playing center is silly and pointless the argument was that new york is worse off. Which of course is insane. Ps Kane sucked huge nuts at center!

Dubi and Ani didn't play center hardly at all last year. Richards was the first line, Stepan played second like, and Boyle was on the third line. Rupp is our 4th line center. Also Kreider is not a center, he is a winger. Dubi and Ani became pretty redundant last year with the addition of Hagelin, Kreider etc. The most depth we lost was by losing Prust.

-This was more directed at Tas, and somewhat agreeing with yours.

Edited by Charlie.the.Unicorn, 26 July 2012 - 07:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.