The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I ran in to Shane Doan in Kamloops today at Save On Foods. Talked briefly, super nice guy. Didn't delve into his situation too much (although the conversation started like this- "are you Shane Doan?" yes , "You would look great in blue and green!"). Biggest thing I could take from my brief interlude is that his family is going to be a very big factor with where he plays. Gotta respect that.Didn't pester him beyond that except to say if he was in the line up in 10/11 the Canucks would have won. Nothing earth shattering but was pretty cool for me.

Well if family is what is the biggest part of his decision like he has said, that obviously means that Phoenix is his first choice and that he probably doesn't want to uproot them from there.

But if it doesn't work out, what better place then his second home? He obviously spends alot of time in BC in the summer.

I ran in to Shane Doan in Kamloops today at Save On Foods. Talked briefly, super nice guy. Didn't delve into his situation too much (although the conversation started like this- "are you Shane Doan?" yes , "You would look great in blue and green!"). Biggest thing I could take from my brief interlude is that his family is going to be a very big factor with where he plays. Gotta respect that.Didn't pester him beyond that except to say if he was in the line up in 10/11 the Canucks would have won. Nothing earth shattering but was pretty cool for me.

So he hasn't visited a single western team yet? Wonder if he wants to go east so he doesn't have to face Yotes so often. Or maybe hes doing Eastern teams first, then the west. He visited NYR first cause he was there for negotiations, wonder why he hasn't visited Vancouver since it's relatively close to his offseason home (Kamloops).

haha what?! Are you calling me pessimistic? I'm the furthest from pessimistic lol. I'm actually a realist, not a homer.

But while we're at it...

shea-weber.jpg

:bigblush:

PS: I woudn't be surprised if Doan signed here though. I'm sure he wants to play for a Canadian team for once, but it's just whether he's willing to step out of the desert, take a bit of a paycut and determines we have the best chance to win it all.

Well if family is what is the biggest part of his decision like he has said, that obviously means that Phoenix is his first choice and that he probably doesn't want to uproot them from there.

But if it doesn't work out, what better place then his second home? He obviously spends alot of time in BC in the summer.

Ya but new york is just as good a team and look at weber he is form bc did not matter to him. The fact is new york is the best option for doan. They are a great team and nash is going to make them a real contender. Doan to New York that is my guess

So he hasn't visited a single western team yet? Wonder if he wants to go east so he doesn't have to face Yotes so often. Or maybe hes doing Eastern teams first, then the west. He visited NYR first cause he was there for negotiations, wonder why he hasn't visited Vancouver since it's relatively close to his offseason home (Kamloops).

http://news.cincinnati.com/usatoday/article/56491232?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CSports%7Cs

USA Today

Predators in on Shane Doan sweepstakes

8:28 PM, Jul. 25, 2012

Now that the Nashville Predators have committed $110 million to Shea Weber, they are trying to recruit unrestricted free agent power forward Shane Doan, who is probably the most attractive player still in the marketplace.

"He is an outstanding player and outstanding person," Predators coach Barry Trotz said of Doan. "He really would be a type of player we would want on our hockey club and we are exploring that like a lot of other teams."

Doan, 35, has made it clear that he prefers to stay with the Phoenix Coyotes, but he won't stay unless he is convinced there will be stable ownership and that the team won't be moved. Former San Jose Sharks executive Greg Jamison is trying to buy the team.

Sixteen teams have expressed interest in Doan and six have made offers, according to his agent. He has met with the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers and TVA Sports says he plans to meet with the Montreal Canadiens.

"If he is available, I know we will be high on his list because I know one of the things he's looking for is a team with a chance to win," Trotz said. "I'd check that off because he believes we are."

Trotz said Doan knows several Nashville players, including Weber.

"He's a great family guy and a great Christian athlete, and we fit into his framework in so many areas," Trotz said. "I think we have a big chance if he becomes available."

It would seem that it now will be easier for Nashville to attract players.

Said Trotz: "We are not in a rebuilding mode. We are in a go-forward mode to win a Stanley Cup."

Trotz said Doan knows several Nashville players, including Weber.

"He's a great family guy and a great Christian athlete, and we fit into his framework in so many areas," Trotz said. "I think we have a big chance if he becomes available."

It would seem that it now will be easier for Nashville to attract players.

Said Trotz: "We are not in a rebuilding mode. We are in a go-forward mode to win a Stanley Cup."

Dave Pratt on CKNW just now talked to Shane Doans agent

Doans agent: "We've been in constant contact with the Canucks"

Pratt: Are Canucks on the short list? Doan's agent: "Yes" Pratt: "Are the Kings?" Agent: Haven't spoke to Doan about the Kings recently

Archived