The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

many players play into thier 40's now and Doan can and will.I do not get how people saying over 35 is bad to pay a guy what he is worth!I am 39 and that is me in my picture so age doesnt matter till you hit about 40.If we can pay him till then I would sure do it in a heart beat and all you nah sayers that say hes to old after we win a cup with him and Luo gone I will laugh so hard and loud.The olympic games dont have 30 plus players unless its like hockey and basketball as most sports in the games are only for the olympics otherwise you'd have way more!

Why does anyone worry about being on the hook for a contract??Doan will only sign where he feels like he will retire and doing so he wont hurt a team as it will be his last.He doesnt want to leave but I see him leaving the Coyoties as who knows where they will be.Signing with a new team he will get the years he wants and then retire not before!!Doan is not like that!!

Did anyone else hear anything about Doan giving the Coyotes owner a deadline today to finish purchasing the team or he walks?

I just heard Karen Thompson on 1040 mention this about 15 minutes ago and I can't find anything else on it. It was either a 24 or 48 hr deadline.

I'm not talking about the friday deadline, but a new deadline established this afternoon.

We've never even been close to doing that.

I do know however, that a new CBA is being negotiated and it's highly unlikely that these Cap circumventing deals will remain viable.

I remain "sure" that we don't want to be on the hook for 5 million dollars of Cap for a player that doesn't even play for us....

If we were willing to shell out for a player with a multi-year, 7 mil cap hit, I would rather have traded Lu for Vincent Lecavalier.

32 year-old Lecavalier > 36 year-old Doan

...and I imagine it will be even more pronounced when Doan is 37, 38, and 39 (while Vinny 33, 34, and 35). Right after that is when Vinny's contract starts declining.

There were these exact same $$ rumors surrounding Garrison before he signed with Van.

There are only a few forwards in the league worth more than the Sedins, and Doan ain't one of em. There is too much uncertainty with the new CBA and cap, it's to risky to give him term and $$. I just hope the rumors aren't true.

If we were willing to shell out for a player with a multi-year, 7 mil cap hit, I would rather have traded Lu for Vincent Lecavalier.

32 year-old Lecavalier > 36 year-old Doan

...and I imagine it will be even more pronounced when Doan is 37, 38, and 39 (while Vinny 33, 34, and 35). Right after that is when Vinny's contract starts declining.

Archived