1823 replies to this topic

#721 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

RonnieColeman. One of those typical internet losers with muscles. He was just trying to have a discussion. Go somewhere else you loser

Right cause you contribute so much by calling someone a loser? Talk about Internet tough guy...

#722 Biasbieksa

Biasbieksa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

loooooool

#723 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

There is absolutely no question that Kesler is a shoot first player but does that automatically mean he doesn't know how to pass?

Henrik Zetterberg is top-10 in the league for shots on net year after year. Does that mean he is a shoot first player that can't pass?

Fair enough miller draft, you've provided your argument but I still believe we have better options than a booth kesler Doan line if he were to sign here

#724 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

loooooool

Major lulzing

#725 Kanata

Kanata

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

POPULAR

Lol you clearly have too much time on your hands, how do these numbers change in the playoffs? Cause our second line definitely has not shown up in the playoffs, and barely our first. Again, what's your beef with D Sedin - Kesler - Doan, our scoring needs SOMETHING changed for the playoffs

Kudos to you though for looking up tons of stats and websites to prove something to a random guy on the Internet lol

PS - no matter what stats you skew to display your point, you are probably the only person who can't see that kesler's style of play is shoot first instead of playmaking, and that stats don't show everything.

You start a discussion with him and once he backs up his claims you call him out for it?  What was the point of starting the discussion in the first place then?

Edited by Kanata, 01 August 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#726 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

comparing kesler with zetterberg is like comparing apples with something way better than apples.

#727 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

I think he and his family are probably looking at this as a chance of a lifetime (playing in NYC); where the kids could still goto good schools (and later some good NY colleges/universities), and for only a few years of sacrifice away from PHX, they could always just travel back to their ranch for family holidays and the offseason. I think the family aspect and the Doans relocating to the big Apple is probably very very appealing to them all.

Perhaps BC is regarded for a lot of players simply a nice place to spend a vacation in, or even later on retire to. Like Gillis once said, just cause they (the players) are from BC doesn't mean they'll play for the Canucks. My gut feeling, is if the Doans don't stay in PHX, Shane will sign for ridiculous amount of overpayment with an Eastern team (NYR) for the chance of his family living out a very nice next few years of a life...perhaps they want a real change if it requires moving as a whole family--which NYC could provide this for sure. Nothing wrong with that, just not feeling it...that Doan will be in a Canuck uniform anytime soon.

If he wants best for his family, Vancouver >>>>> NY.

In NY your sons and daughters might get shot to death randomly. Could have been as simple as a store robbery. In BC, unless your sons and daughters joins a gang or something, the chances of getting killed by shooting is minimal.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#728 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

In NY your sons and daughters might get shot to death randomly. Could have been as simple as a store robbery. In BC, unless your sons and daughters joins a gang or something, the chances of getting killed by shooting is minimal.

what a ridiculous statement. where do you think doan and his family would be living, harlem?

#729 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hockey Buzz Eklund@Eklund

A quick actual rumor update from Acadia National Park bc/I am getting inundated w/sources talking on how impressed Doan is withVancouver.

#730 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

Fair enough miller draft, you've provided your argument but I still believe we have better options than a booth kesler Doan line if he were to sign here

man I could have backed up any of my points more better than you did with yours. Heck I could have backed up your point's better than you.

#731 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,508 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

I think we agree that an all eggs in one basket approach for 5on5 play is a mistake. Beyond that we can agree to disagree, but I'll leave you with this:

Look at these powerplay passes by Kesler and his reading of the play to catch Tambellini the trailer:

http://www.nhl.com/i...m?id=2010020504

Here's Doan with that same type of cheaky pass to Whitney:

http://www.nhl.com/i...m?id=2011020969

With Kesler, Booth and Doan there would undoubtedly be quite a few goalmouth scrambles where any of those three could make these little chip plays for empty netters.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#732 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,508 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

comparing kesler with zetterberg is like comparing apples with something way better than apples.

Jesus, they are two entirely different players but the point remains:

Players that prefer to shoot can still make plays.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#733 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

man I could have backed up any of my points more better than you did with yours. Heck I could have backed up your point's better than you.

Let's see it big guy

PS I'm on a freaking mobile phone what kind of report were u all expecting lol

Edited by RonnieColeman, 01 August 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#734 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

Jesus, they are two entirely different players but the point remains:

Players that prefer to shoot can still make plays.

well, some can, anyway.

my beef with kesler's passing ability is less that he can't make crisp, accurate passes and more that he gets offensive zone tunnel vision.

#735 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,866 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

I think we agree that an all eggs in one basket approach for 5on5 play is a mistake. Beyond that we can agree to disagree, but I'll leave you with this:

Look at these powerplay passes by Kesler and his reading of the play to catch Tambellini the trailer:

http://www.nhl.com/i...m?id=2010020504

Here's Doan with that same type of cheaky pass to Whitney:

http://www.nhl.com/i...m?id=2011020969

With Kesler, Booth and Doan there would undoubtedly be quite a few goalmouth scrambles where any of those three could make these little chip plays for empty netters.

I think Kesler and Doan make a nice tandem, but rather than Booth, I might try Burrows as the third on that line. The problem with Kes and Booth is that they both like to be the puck carrier when they come into the offensive zone. With Burrows, he's a great forechecker and with teamed with Kes and Doan, they make a formidable dump and chase line. Burrows might drop a bit in numbers, but I still see him getting 20-25 goals on that line, but he would be more able to refind the gritty, abrasive part of his game that he's put on the shelf for the last couple years.

On a line with the twins, I think the skills that Booth brings to the table mesh well with the game the twins play........Hank loves to use his wingers breaking into the zone and Booth has high end speed and shows he has no trouble crashing the net for a goal.........I can picture, in my head, a Sedin-Sedin-Booth three on two with Booth driving the hard to the net and Hank feathering a soft pass about 4 feet from the net........with Danny coming in as the lat man. With the twins, I think Booth is a 25-30 goal guy, easy.

Sedin Sedin Booth
Burrows Kes Doan
Higgins Lappy Hansen
Volpatti Manny Kassian

#736 Hunter Shinkaruk #9

Hunter Shinkaruk #9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Hockey Buzz Eklund@Eklund
A quick actual rumor update from Acadia National Park bc/I am getting inundated w/sources talking on how impressed Doan is withVancouver.

5 people ignored your post, Trip, so I will comment on it.

I like this, even though it is Eklund. Doan didn't prioritize Vancouver to meet with, but now has met with them more than the other teams is one way to show he is impressed.

So I like that more sources (credible or not) are now saying that Doan in Vancouver is very likely.
Posted Image
Credit to the incomparable, -Vintage Canuck-. Thank you, sir!

#737 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

Henrik does pretty well without Daniel since they play a similar style(cycling) daniel should also. When daniel was out henrik showed flare of more goal scoring ability same could be predicted of daniel play making abilities will show through more while keeping the goal as how Henrik kept similar assists. With them being separated we will also have a Henrik that can score goals which will come handy in the playoffs.

better defense than you have shown RonnieColeman

PS. I totally disagree with my whole statment.

Edited by hockeyking, 01 August 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#738 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

Henrik does pretty well without Daniel since they play a similar style(cycling) daniel should also. When daniel was out henrik showed flare of more goal scoring ability same could be predicted of daniel play making abilities will show through more while keeping the goal as how Henrik kept similar assists. With them being separated we will also have a Henrik that can score goals which will come handy in the playoffs.

better defense than you have shown RonnieColeman

How about you read all my posts, like the one miller FIRST responded to, an you'd see I pretty much said exactly what you said, that henrik racked up tons of points and became MVP in a season where Daniel was out for most of it, so its not far fetchd that both could succeed without each other, seriously dude? Its JUST a scenario

Congrats for coming up with nothing to back your argument after trying to say I cant back it up and that you could do a better job.....applause

Edited by RonnieColeman, 01 August 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#739 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,570 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

But the chances of having your feet randomly chopped off is huge . . .
Have you ever been to New York? I've felt way safer there than almost any other city I've been to, including Vancouver.

no duh.

You win the internet, EOM.

#740 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

Booth - H Sedin - Doan
D Sedin - Kesler - Kassian

Wazooooo playmakers for all! That is one seriously massive top 6 with major skill, besides the sedins all are 6'1+ 200lb+, lets see people push around the sedins with these guys

I am sorry i could only find this one as the first and that doesn't say that henrik will score more or reference to Henrik doing better without daneil. All it says is that the sedins will not be pushed around and we got a good top six

applause

Edited by hockeyking, 01 August 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#741 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

I am sorry i could only find this one as the first and that doesn't say that henrik will score more and Daniel will score more

applause

Scroll down and you'll see it.....Still unable to back up your post about backing it up lol.....

Edited by RonnieColeman, 01 August 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#742 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

You guys are ridiculous, kassian is gonna have a much bigger role than just 4th line duties, Gillis has mentioned this recently, he's a young kid with size and skill. You are all the same people whining about kesler not being able to playmake, well this is the only option we have to put a playmaker on that line, and who are you to say the Sedins can't be split? Henrik racked up a ridiculous amount of points when Daniel went down and went on to be MVP. Furthermore, booth and kesler have not shown any chemistry and are too alike in playing styles (shoot first) and neither guy is suited for a bottom 6 role. Just because these lines don't align with your own status quo thinking, doesn't mean they're any less better than the stuff you come up with, like really? Booth kesler Doan? Who exactly is going to pass the puck on that line? Although sedins and burrows is proven, it wouldn't HURT to just try out kassian in the top 6 to see what we have or split the sedins to give the second line some playmaking. The lines you guys throw up look good on paper cause they're all great top 6 players, but analyze playing styles and take a deeper look at things and you'll see that booth kesler Doan may not be the best options together. Thinking differently and outside the box isn't a bad thing once in a while, probably smoking much less than you guys lol

is it this one tough one I am going need some time to pull stats out

you didn't mention it will help the scoring because henrik scores more withouth his brother. Also more people will be better because they are all stares and make people around them ten times better Malkin and Crosby duo. So if they're separated more people will do better on the canuck's as open ice and the focus on the sedin on each line open up room for the players around them making every body more dangerous

Edited by hockeyking, 01 August 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#743 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

is it this one

Yup, amongst everything else I did allude to henrik racking it up while Daniel was gone and being MVP, therefore it's not out of this world to split them up to see what can happen......it's a scenario......

#744 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

Yup, amongst everything else I did allude to henrik racking it up while Daniel was gone and being MVP, therefore it's not out of this world to split them up to see what can happen......it's a scenario......

I just edit it and added more

#745 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

I just edit it and added more

So u wanted me to say that in hindsight not knowing a discussion was coming? Amongst everything else I was saying? And to have predicted the future? Even though the massive discussion was about kesler and Doan?.......lol

Edited by RonnieColeman, 01 August 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#746 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

just in case you guys didn't realize, henrik still put up considerably fewer points per game when daniel was injured that year than he did when he was healthy.

#747 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

just in case you guys didn't realize, henrik still put up considerably fewer points per game when daniel was injured that year than he did when he was healthy.

To be quite honest dude, don't even know how it got here, it was JUST a different idea

#748 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

So u wanted me to say that in hindsight not knowing a discussion was coming? And to have predicted the future? Even though the massive discussion was about kesler and Doan?.......lol

As for the kesler and doan a person int the top 90 in assist doesn't make him a play maker but not even decent passer at best as seen through kesler's assist and doan they aren't usually cross cress passes but rebounds and passes off the wall to the d-man as for top 90 not all people on the top line player are for assist's but some their for goals so its normal for second liners to have assists like that and since we have good dept we need better play-makers for our second line than the league average. Decent passer not one that will make players around them better

Zetterberge elite player more talented in all aspects of the game
kesler more like brown and brown isn't known for his passing ability
PS I still don't agree with this

Edited by hockeyking, 01 August 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#749 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

This isnt even close to being a reliable source but for discussion sake:

45]

45]
13mPosted ImageCreasy@The_Creasy
**SHANE DOAN UPDATE** Told Doan has left BC with his mind "almost made up". Very impressed with #Canucks. Ultimatum given to Jamison. #DOAN

#750 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

As for the kesler and doan a person int the top 90 in assist doesn't make him a play maker but not even decent passer at best as seen through kesler's assist and doan they aren't usually cross cress passes but rebounds and passes off the wall to the d-man as for top 90 not all people on the top line player are for assist's but some their for goals so its normal for second liners to have assists like that and since we have good dept we need better play-makers for our second line than the league average. Decent passer not one that will make players around them better

Zetterberge elite player more talented in all aspects of the game
kesler more like brown and brown isn't known for his passing ability

Edited by hockeyking, 01 August 2012 - 04:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.