The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I think we agree that an all eggs in one basket approach for 5on5 play is a mistake. Beyond that we can agree to disagree, but I'll leave you with this:

Look at these powerplay passes by Kesler and his reading of the play to catch Tambellini the trailer:

http://www.nhl.com/i...m?id=2010020504

Here's Doan with that same type of cheaky pass to Whitney:

http://www.nhl.com/i...m?id=2011020969

With Kesler, Booth and Doan there would undoubtedly be quite a few goalmouth scrambles where any of those three could make these little chip plays for empty netters.

Henrik does pretty well without Daniel since they play a similar style(cycling) daniel should also. When daniel was out henrik showed flare of more goal scoring ability same could be predicted of daniel play making abilities will show through more while keeping the goal as how Henrik kept similar assists. With them being separated we will also have a Henrik that can score goals which will come handy in the playoffs.

better defense than you have shown RonnieColeman

PS. I totally disagree with my whole statment.

Henrik does pretty well without Daniel since they play a similar style(cycling) daniel should also. When daniel was out henrik showed flare of more goal scoring ability same could be predicted of daniel play making abilities will show through more while keeping the goal as how Henrik kept similar assists. With them being separated we will also have a Henrik that can score goals which will come handy in the playoffs.

better defense than you have shown RonnieColeman

If he wants best for his family, Vancouver >>>>> NY.

In NY your sons and daughters might get shot to death randomly. Could have been as simple as a store robbery. In BC, unless your sons and daughters joins a gang or something, the chances of getting killed by shooting is minimal.

You guys are ridiculous, kassian is gonna have a much bigger role than just 4th line duties, Gillis has mentioned this recently, he's a young kid with size and skill. You are all the same people whining about kesler not being able to playmake, well this is the only option we have to put a playmaker on that line, and who are you to say the Sedins can't be split? Henrik racked up a ridiculous amount of points when Daniel went down and went on to be MVP. Furthermore, booth and kesler have not shown any chemistry and are too alike in playing styles (shoot first) and neither guy is suited for a bottom 6 role. Just because these lines don't align with your own status quo thinking, doesn't mean they're any less better than the stuff you come up with, like really? Booth kesler Doan? Who exactly is going to pass the puck on that line? Although sedins and burrows is proven, it wouldn't HURT to just try out kassian in the top 6 to see what we have or split the sedins to give the second line some playmaking. The lines you guys throw up look good on paper cause they're all great top 6 players, but analyze playing styles and take a deeper look at things and you'll see that booth kesler Doan may not be the best options together. Thinking differently and outside the box isn't a bad thing once in a while, probably smoking much less than you guys lol

This isnt even close to being a reliable source but for discussion sake:

image_normal.jpg

**SHANE DOAN UPDATE** Told Doan has left BC with his mind "almost made up". Very impressed with
. Ultimatum given to Jamison.

As for the kesler and doan a person int the top 90 in assist doesn't make him a play maker but not even decent passer at best as seen through kesler's assist and doan they aren't usually cross cress passes but rebounds and passes off the wall to the d-man as for top 90 not all people on the top line player are for assist's but some their for goals so its normal for second liners to have assists like that and since we have good dept we need better play-makers for our second line than the league average. Decent passer not one that will make players around them better

Zetterberge elite player more talented in all aspects of the game

kesler more like brown and brown isn't known for his passing ability

PS I still don't agree with this

As for the kesler and doan a person int the top 90 in assist doesn't make him a play maker but not even decent passer at best as seen through kesler's assist and doan they aren't usually cross cress passes but rebounds and passes off the wall to the d-man as for top 90 not all people on the top line player are for assist's but some their for goals so its normal for second liners to have assists like that and since we have good dept we need better play-makers for our second line than the league average. Decent passer not one that will make players around them better

PS I still don't agree with this

I don't know either Weber or Doan. But they both seem like small town rednecky type boys. Webers agent said he liked NYR, but not the idea of living in Manhattan. I think it's between Phx obviously, then Canucks and Pens. Pens have the advantage if he wants less travel and out of the W. conference. I remember Parise said he wanted out of the east so he didn't have to have see Devils often. Nucks have advantage if he wants familiarity of location, closer to home/family/friends, experience with management. It might just come down to $$ between the 2.

Archived