1823 replies to this topic

#1111 kesler is the king

kesler is the king

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

1) Example? Luongo has always talked about how he wants to do what's best for the team, and he respected AV's decision to put in Schneider for 3 games.

2) Ur #2 point was already addressed in #1 so I'm assuming u just put it in there to make ur list look bigger.

3) He didn't ask out because of 3 games on the bench. In fact, it's uncertain whether he actually wants to leave or not. He simply said he'd waive his NTC. And the reason he said this is because he wants to do what's best for the team and he realizes that Schneider might be a better fit in Vancouver than he himself.

4) He's not reportedly steering anything. It's Gillis who's been talking with these teams because those teams are reportedly looking for a goalie. The only thing he's steering is that he wouldn't mind returning to Florida because his family lives there.

5) Think about what happens when u move ur family because of your job. When I was a kid my dad moved us from Vancouver to San Jose and i absolutely HATED it. I pretty much had my life set and then i had to get used to a whole new environment. Luongo has kids too. I'm pretty sure he must've talked to his family about everything before deciding that he wouldn't make them move to Vancouver.

6) Explain how his production has dropped "dramatically" in any way. In Luongo's career regular season stats he has only gone 1 year with a save % of under .913. That season was his rookie season with the Islanders. If you think about it, that's consistency at its finest. Don't bother bringing up playoffs. He was fairly inexperienced when he came from the Panthers to the Canucks. Yes he did amazing in his first postseason but there's a such thing called "beginner's luck". Something Steve Mason and Andrew Raycroft proved to have and Schneider could too. The risk with young goaltenders is pretty high. in '09 and '10 the Blackhawks exposed his inexperience with their huge offensive powers. In 2011 Luongo literally carried the team to the finals. Sure he may have almost allowed the Blackhawks to come back, but in Game 7 he was the reason we won the series and kept us alive in OT. In the Boston series, we only scored 8 goals in 7 games. Even if Luongo played at his best in every single game, we were likely to have lost. 2 of our wins that series came from shutouts. Again, all Lu right there. Last year he allowed 7 goals in 2 games. In Game 1 he was the only player that showed up. Game 2 is debatable. But we only score 2 goals both those games. The only game we won was the game we scored 3 goals. So by that logic Schneider didn't do much better to help win.

7) That contract is actually pretty good compared to Parise, Suter, DiPietro, Bryzgalov, Nash, Crosby, Rinne, and many more for the level he is capable of playing at.

8) Not play the last few years and still get the big bucks? Uhh in case u didn't realize, Luongo played 54+ games in all his years with the Canucks. If by "not play" you mean underperform, I already addressed that in #6.

9) Again, it wasn't a trade request. It was a "I'll do it if u ask me to" thing. The only way his trade value lowered is because of the signing of Schneider implying Luongo MUST be traded. That was Gillis's fault.

10) You repeated the same point twice again. You seem desperate to make ur list longer and it's hard for me to take you seriously. But I'm not tired of repeating myself cuz I'm a great guy like that. He was not pissed off because he didn't get to play 3 games. By that logic, he'd be pissed off cuz he didn't get to play 82 games every season. Ur just speculating that the reason he wants to leave is cuz of 3 games

I also don't see why you're trying to make this a Luongo thread when it's clearly titled "[Report] No Shane Doan Decision For a Few More Weeks- Leaning Towards Coyotes".

ok, to your point in number 6, are you kidding me?? you think luongo led us to the finals??!!!did you not watch the games played in boston??!! that's choking if i ever did see it!! when a goalie lets in 8 goals one night, 5 goals another night, and 4 goals in on the night we could have won the cup, you're going to say that he lead us to the finals!!! wow...at least schneider gave us a chance to stay in the games...sure we weren't scoring, but we also wouldn't have had to score 4+ goals to be in the games luongo played. same with the series against LA this year...when lu played, we would have had to score upwards of 3 goals to be in the game, when no one was scoring...with schneids in net we had to score upwards of 1, maybe 2 goals...that's a significant difference if no one is scoring..open up your eyes and watch the games...sure luongo isn't bad during the regular season, he's a great goaltender, but he is not worth the money that he makes here in vancouver and he has been given his chance to bring a cup to vancouver and he hasn't delivered...same kind of idea as to why Philadelphia traded mike richards...if your top players aren't bringing a cup, it's time to move on...the organization sees tremendous potential to win a cup with Schneider in net and it's time for a change.i am not a luongo hater, but i have never been a big fan of his play or of him...yes, he's an amazing person when it comes to the fans and community work, but you listen to him in interviews and it's always about him, and everything is always "i..i..i..."have you listened to schneider in an interview?? "my teammates played really well tonight", "my teammates helped me out a lot tonight"...he's such a class act and i think he will be a fantastic asset to this organization...

#1112 Canuck919191

Canuck919191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

NYR third line (heck bottom six) is pretty suspect, and the Penguins defense is absolute crap right now.

Really? I think a 3rd line made up of Hagelin / Boyle / Pyatt / Kreider is pretty good :P

And PIT has a strong top-3 but not much depth. However, a goalie like Fleury should be able mask those things (he's not going to play like he did vs PHI). Besides, their offense will probably outscore any problems if Sid is healthy.

#1113 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

Only an ignorant homer would think we're better than NYR lol... even with us having Doan, they're still better.

If we added a good top-6 forward, like Doan, then we'd be a strong team top to bottom, but still not better than LAK / NYR / PIT.

Without that forward (or someone like Kassian really stepping up in that role), we're pretenders :P

All you have to do is look at our last two playoff series and know that this offensive group is not deep enough nor built the right way to succeed in the post-season.

Did we not go to game 7 against Boston and face two Conn Smythe winning goalies in the last two years in Thomas and Quick? Not to mention our best scorer was out last year and tried to come back when it was arguably too little too late. Also, against Boston we were missing Sammy, Raymond, Hammer and Rome, added with injuries to Kes, Burr and who knows whoever else. Sorry but your argument is completely untenable.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#1114 mysticriver

mysticriver

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Really? I think a 3rd line made up of Hagelin / Boyle / Pyatt / Kreider is pretty good :P

And PIT has a strong top-3 but not much depth. However, a goalie like Fleury should be able mask those things (he's not going to play like he did vs PHI). Besides, their offense will probably outscore any problems if Sid is healthy.

By no means is Boyle a good third line C (however, this is just my opinion). I would take our third line (Higgins X Hansen) any day of the week over that (I don't think there are many third lines I'd take over ours TBH granted Higgins stays there and we find a winger for Kes).

+ I don't expect their fourth line (Rupp-Halpern-Asham) to play any meaningful minutes... :sadno:

Pittsburgh will probably continue to outscore their opponents in the regular season (4-3, 5-4), but make no mistake, it will be a problem come playoff time if they do not address their defense. While I don't expect Fleury to play like that again, you never know, I guess the positive here is that they got a solid back up (Voukon) in case we see another nuclear meltdown.

Edited by mysticriver, 05 August 2012 - 03:39 PM.

Posted Image

Sig/Avatar by ExpectoPatronum

#1115 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

Did we not go to game 7 against Boston and face two Conn Smythe winning goalies in the last two years in Thomas and Quick? Not to mention our best scorer was out last year and tried to come back when it was arguably too little too late. Also, against Boston we were missing Sammy, Raymond, Hammer and Rome, added with injuries to Kes, Burr and who knows whoever else. Sorry but your argument is completely untenable.

Not going to comment on the goalie thing but the fact we had so many injuries confirms the previous poster's comments that this team is not built the right way for the playoff grind. Too many guys having to play hard-hitting hockey and punch above their weight class leads to injury in the playoffs. i.e. Hamhuis having to play a physical game when puck movement and positioning are his forte; Raymond is barely physically strong enough to play regular season; Burrows is tenacious but small and will get hurt if he plays like a big guy; Kesler is not large by NHL standards but is our "power forward" model. This requires him to defend against guys like Thornton and forecheck/hit guys like Pronger. No wonder he is always getting hurt.

The guys built for the playoffs haven't been effective ...Alberts, can't be trusted with meaningful minutes; Edler, plays too soft and lacks a mean streak; Weise and the 4th liners have been a revolving door with no identity or confidence and restricted to 6 minutes a game.

Face it, our guys got manhandled against Boston and LA. Doan, Arnott and perhaps a mature Kassian are what has been lacking from our make-up. It would be nice to add those pieces before the Sedins start to decline. Then maybe we have a chance in the near future.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 05 August 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#1116 Canuck919191

Canuck919191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

By no means is Boyle a good third line C (however, this is just my opinion). I would take our third line (Higgins X Hansen) any day of the week over that (I don't think there are many third lines I'd take over ours TBH granted Higgins stays there and we find a winger for Kes).

+ I don't expect their fourth line (Rupp-Halpern-Asham) to play any meaningful minutes... :sadno:

Pittsburgh will probably continue to outscore their opponents in the regular season (4-3, 5-4), but make no mistake, it will be a problem come playoff time if they do not address their defense. While I don't expect Fleury to play like that again, you never know, I guess the positive here is that they got a solid back up (Voukon) in case we see another nuclear meltdown.

Love our third line with Higgins - x - Hansen as well, just need a good 3C (really, really wanted Wellwood for that spot). Not saying it's better than ours, but it's still good.

And Shero has been making solid trades around the deadline to address his team's needs for the past couple seasons. I'm sure if they feel that defense is a big problem, they'll do something about it before the playoffs.

And you can say it "could" happen for any player. The Sedins "could" have 20 point seasons. But I choose to treat Fleury's PHI series as an anomaly.

#1117 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

ok, to your point in number 6, are you kidding me?? you think luongo led us to the finals??!!!did you not watch the games played in boston??!! that's choking if i ever did see it!! when a goalie lets in 8 goals one night, 5 goals another night, and 4 goals in on the night we could have won the cup, you're going to say that he lead us to the finals!!! wow...at least schneider gave us a chance to stay in the games...sure we weren't scoring, but we also wouldn't have had to score 4+ goals to be in the games luongo played. same with the series against LA this year...when lu played, we would have had to score upwards of 3 goals to be in the game, when no one was scoring...with schneids in net we had to score upwards of 1, maybe 2 goals...that's a significant difference if no one is scoring..open up your eyes and watch the games...sure luongo isn't bad during the regular season, he's a great goaltender, but he is not worth the money that he makes here in vancouver and he has been given his chance to bring a cup to vancouver and he hasn't delivered...same kind of idea as to why Philadelphia traded mike richards...if your top players aren't bringing a cup, it's time to move on...the organization sees tremendous potential to win a cup with Schneider in net and it's time for a change.i am not a luongo hater, but i have never been a big fan of his play or of him...yes, he's an amazing person when it comes to the fans and community work, but you listen to him in interviews and it's always about him, and everything is always "i..i..i..."have you listened to schneider in an interview?? "my teammates played really well tonight", "my teammates helped me out a lot tonight"...he's such a class act and i think he will be a fantastic asset to this organization...

The enter key is your best friend, buddy. Also, start organizing your sentences. Using some periods at correct places would also help.

I understand it is an Internet forum and grammar doesn't need to be 100%, but this post is ridiculous. If you want someone to consider your opinion, you need it to be at least half readable.

Follow me on twitter! @RealStamkos91

#1118 kesler is the king

kesler is the king

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

The enter key is your best friend, buddy. Also, start organizing your sentences. Using some periods at correct places would also help.

I understand it is an Internet forum and grammar doesn't need to be 100%, but this post is ridiculous. If you want someone to consider your opinion, you need it to be at least half readable.

Ok, to your point in number 6, are you kidding me?? You think Luongo led us to the finals?? Did you not watch the games played in Boston? That's choking if i ever did see it!! When a goalie lets in 8 goals one night, 5 goals another night, and 4 goals in on the night we could have won the cup, you're going to say that he lead us to the finals? Wow! At least Schneider gave us a chance to stay in the games. Sure, we weren't scoring, but we also would have had to score 4+ goals to be in the games Luongo played. Same with the series against LA this year; when Luo played, we would have had to score upwards of 3 goals to be in the game, and that was at a time when no one was scoring. With Schneider in net, we had to score upwards of 1, maybe 2 goals, and that's a significant difference if no one is scoring. Open up your eyes and watch the games.

Luongo isn't bad during the regular season, and he is a great goaltender, but he is not worth the money that he makes here in Vancouver. He has been given his chance to help bring a cup to Vancouver and he hasn't delivered. Same kind of idea as to why Philadelphia traded Mike Richards; if your top players aren't bringing a cup, it's time to move on. The organization sees tremendous potential to win a cup with Schneider in net and it's obviously time for a change.

I am not a Luongo hater, but i have never been a big fan of his play or of him. Yes, he is an amazing person when it comes to the fans and the community work, but you listen to him in interviews and it's always all about himself. Everything is always "I..I..I...". Have you listened to Cory Schneider in an interview? "My teammates played really well tonight," and "My teammates helped me out a lot tonight,". He is such a class act and always puts the team's needs and gives credit to his team first. I think he will be a fantastic asset to this organization.

Is that better?? I fixed everything up just for you. ;)

#1119 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Only an ignorant homer would think we're better than NYR lol... even with us having Doan, they're still better.

If we added a good top-6 forward, like Doan, then we'd be a strong team top to bottom, but still not better than LAK / NYR / PIT.

Without that forward (or someone like Kassian really stepping up in that role), we're pretenders :P

All you have to do is look at our last two playoff series and know that this offensive group is not deep enough nor built the right way to succeed in the post-season.

Adding Doan does not make Van's offence superior to the NYR. The offensive potential out of that lineup is scary. The edge Van has is in their d-core but saying that you have to also realize that the Ranger d-core has now had playoff experience. If I'm a Ranger fan I'm pretty happy right now. Forget about the UFA's next year and the year after it is about winning the CUP this year.

If Van signs Doan and trades Lu for some forward talent then I like Van's roster going into the season. I stated before that making the CUP finals in the west should be easier than the east. A number of Canucks had 'off' seasons last year. Edler combined with Garrison could be very explosive. The Canuck won the PT with a pretty disfunctional 2nd line which would definitely improve no matter whether Doan was on the 1st or 2nd line. While dreamers have Kassian penciled in on the top 6, I would be very happy seeing him play some serious 3rd line minutes.

#1120 djsandwiches

djsandwiches

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Tomorrow is BC day, and my hunch is something will get announced then if indeed Doan intends to play for the Nucks. Crossing fingers. :)

Cheers!

#1121 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Tomorrow is BC day, and my hunch is something will get announced then if indeed Doan intends to play for the Nucks. Crossing fingers. :)

that would be nice.....

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#1122 LiveforCanucksHockey

LiveforCanucksHockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Adding Doan does not make Van's offence superior to the NYR. The offensive potential out of that lineup is scary. The edge Van has is in their d-core but saying that you have to also realize that the Ranger d-core has now had playoff experience. If I'm a Ranger fan I'm pretty happy right now. Forget about the UFA's next year and the year after it is about winning the CUP this year.

If Van signs Doan and trades Lu for some forward talent then I like Van's roster going into the season. I stated before that making the CUP finals in the west should be easier than the east. A number of Canucks had 'off' seasons last year. Edler combined with Garrison could be very explosive. The Canuck won the PT with a pretty disfunctional 2nd line which would definitely improve no matter whether Doan was on the 1st or 2nd line. While dreamers have Kassian penciled in on the top 6, I would be very happy seeing him play some serious 3rd line minutes.

I'm going to take issue with the fact you can just state NYR's offence is clearly superior. They don't even have any Art Ross winners, we have 2. 40 goal scorers? We each have a couple.

But I think the one thing that could be said is their top players have shown better consistency, whereas our top players, minus the Sedins, have been more inconsistent, possibly flashes in the pan, but we do have more of them.

NYR may also have more up and coming talent, but in the end, I'm going to say such statements claiming one team is better than the other could only be settled by a 7 game series. I believe Doan thinks along these lines, and trying to choose the "best" team is a total toss-up and he really will be choosing based on the other variables such as lifestyle etc. He knows, between these two teams, he's not going to regret going to the "worse" team. Athletes know an on-paper side-by-side comparison of teams is ridiculous. However, forum posters do not.

#1123 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

I doubt San Jose is in the mix for Doan anymore after this came out today.

Reports have suggested that Doan is seeking a four-year deal worth $30 million, for an annual cap hit of $7.5 million.
An NHL source has informed CSNCalifornia.com that if those demands are true, the Sharks will not be among his suitors, and that San Jose will not offer more than a three-year deal for approximately $4.5 million a season.

http://www.csncalifo...755&feedID=2798

#1124 mysticriver

mysticriver

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

I doubt San Jose is in the mix for Doan anymore after this came out today.

http://www.csncalifo...755&feedID=2798

Hmmm, I don't know, The first part of that statement (regarding the 30M/4 years) is complete lunacy -- as has been discussed already and reportedly shot down by Doan's agent. What the Sharks are proposing here (4.5M/3 years) is probably about the same we are offering...

Posted Image

#1125 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

Another thing to check rumors:

Have the invalid source list on a tab, then look up on twitter the rumors by typing #Doan to see whats trending.

You get a lot of stuff, but not much lately.

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#1126 Canuck919191

Canuck919191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

Never said adding Doan would make our offence better than NYRs... quite the opposite actually. Read again (unless you were just agreeing with me by reiterating the sentiment).

I'm going to take issue with the fact you can just state NYR's offence is clearly superior. They don't even have any Art Ross winners, we have 2. 40 goal scorers? We each have a couple.

But I think the one thing that could be said is their top players have shown better consistency, whereas our top players, minus the Sedins, have been more inconsistent, possibly flashes in the pan, but we do have more of them.

NYR may also have more up and coming talent, but in the end, I'm going to say such statements claiming one team is better than the other could only be settled by a 7 game series. I believe Doan thinks along these lines, and trying to choose the "best" team is a total toss-up and he really will be choosing based on the other variables such as lifestyle etc. He knows, between these two teams, he's not going to regret going to the "worse" team. Athletes know an on-paper side-by-side comparison of teams is ridiculous. However, forum posters do not.

- Brad Richards is still a top PPG center in the league
- Callahan is their heart and soul guy, like Kesler
- Nash is a beast whose numbers have been stunted because of the crap-hole that is CBJ
- Gaborik is still a top forward
- Stepan is already a 50 point guy in his first two seasons on the big club, a great fit as the 2nd center

That leaves Kreider, Hagelin or (and hopefully not) Doan as the 6th man. Kreider looks like a young phenom and Hagelin put up almost 40 points in under 70 games in his rookie season... we don't need to talk about Doan.

Their offence >>> ours, at least the way it is now

Edited by Canuck919191, 05 August 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#1127 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hmmm, I don't know, The first part of that statement (regarding the 30M/4 years) is complete lunacy -- as has been discussed already and reportedly shot down by Doan's agent. What the Sharks are proposing here (4.5M/3 years) is probably about the same we are offering...

I believe Doan's agent as much as I believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny.

#1128 mysticriver

mysticriver

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

I believe Doan's agent as much as I believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny.

Well it doesn't matter anyways, because no team (certainly not PIT, NYR, or VAN) is paying him even close to that amount.

Posted Image

#1129 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

Well it doesn't matter anyways, because no team (certainly not PIT, NYR, or VAN) is paying him even close to that amount.

After seeing what Weber got and the new CBA still not in place, anything is possible regardless of his age.

#1130 Canuck919191

Canuck919191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

How could you not consider it if you were NYR :P Put yourself over the top for 1 big shot at the cup.

Not like Sather's job is on the line if it were to backfire :P

#1131 mysticriver

mysticriver

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

Never said adding Doan would make our offence better than NYRs... quite the opposite actually. Read again (unless you were just agreeing with me by reiterating the sentiment).

- Nash is a beast whose numbers have been stunted because of the crap-hole that is CBJ
- Stepan is already a 50 point guy in his first two seasons on the big club, a great fit as the 2nd center

That leaves Kreider, Hagelin or (and hopefully not) Doan as the 6th man. Kreider looks like a young phenom and Hagelin put up almost 40 points in under 70 games in his rookie season... we don't need to talk about Doan.

I don't know how you can even propose this without seeing the team play. They couldn't score any goals in the playoffs and rode Lundqvist's back until it broke; sure adding Nash has improved them but with their system I wonder how Nash will mesh. The Canucks outscored NYR this year with a hobbled Kesler, a broken down second line, and a stretch of inconsistent play from the Sedins. Don't count us out just yet.

Posted Image

#1132 mysticriver

mysticriver

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

How could you not consider it if you were NYR :P Put yourself over the top for 1 big shot at the cup.

Not like Sather's job is on the line if it were to backfire :P

Uhh maybe because they're going to have about 13 UFAs coming up in the next couple of years. I'd imagine they are keen on re-signing the likes of Callahan, Gaborik, Bickel, etc. over giving Doan a ludicrous amount of money, especially when they already look pretty solid w/out Doan.

Posted Image

#1133 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

Uhh maybe because they're going to have about 13 UFAs coming up in the next couple of years. I'd imagine they are keen on re-signing the likes of Callahan, Gaborik, Bickel, etc. over giving Doan a ludicrous amount of money, especially when they already look pretty solid w/out Doan.

Based on NY's history, if I were Doan, I wouldn't consider going there unless I also got a NMC. Sather would have no bones about burying his ass in the minors or shipping him to Columbus if he didn't play to the level expected or to free cap space to sign someone deemed more valuable.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 05 August 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#1134 MistuhMan

MistuhMan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

It's unfortunate that people can only compare offensive numbers as a "team" now. Apparently, nothing like defense, goaltending, leadership, and experience are thrown out the window.

#1135 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

I don't know how you can even propose this without seeing the team play. They couldn't score any goals in the playoffs and rode Lundqvist's back until it broke; sure adding Nash has improved them but with their system I wonder how Nash will mesh. The Canucks outscored NYR this year with a hobbled Kesler, a broken down second line, and a stretch of inconsistent play from the Sedins. Don't count us out just yet.

Neither could we, and Nash will mesh just fine. That's not something anybody should worry about - a superstar like Nash will mesh wherever he plays.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#1136 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

Based on NY's history, if I were Doan, I wouldn't consider going there unless I also got a NMC. Sather would have no bones about burying his ass in the minors or shipping him to Columbus if he didn't play to the level expected or to free cap space to sign someone deemed more valuable.

I agree, I wouldn't want to sign there if I were an older UFA........on the other hand Doan is an alberta boy and may have fond memories of what Slats can do.

#1137 mysticriver

mysticriver

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

Neither could we, and Nash will mesh just fine. That's not something anybody should worry about - a superstar like Nash will mesh wherever he plays.

We'll see. We played like them this year and I will be horrified if that continues (to that degree).

Edited by mysticriver, 05 August 2012 - 07:15 PM.

Posted Image

#1138 LiveforCanucksHockey

LiveforCanucksHockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

I completely understand all that, but I still completely disagree with you. I'm not going to do the work, but I think if you compare team's career goals, it will not flatter NYR.

There's just no way I'm giving the outright advantage to NYR.

#1139 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

theres a rumor on twitter that Canucks and Doan have reached a verbal agreement.... #CantWaitTillMonday

Hockey Rumours @NHL_Trade
#BREAKINGNEWS My source has just informed me that the #Canucks and UFA Shane Doan have reached a verbal agreement. #Wow #StayTuned

Commissioner of 2014-2015 Shapheat Fantasy Hockey League

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#1140 Bilbro Baggins

Bilbro Baggins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

That is the worst source I've seen since Samjam99

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.