1823 replies to this topic

#1141 nzan

nzan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

I completely understand all that, but I still completely disagree with you. I'm not going to do the work, but I think if you compare team's career goals, it will not flatter NYR.

There's just no way I'm giving the outright advantage to NYR.

Add to that the fact that we're talking about the New York Rangers. A quick look through the last fifteen years has them continually signing big free agents who continually fail to carry them. Remember when they signed Gomez AND Drury? The Hockey News ran a cover with the statement "Rangers become cup favorites in a New York minute", I don't think they made the playoffs that year.
Maybe it's different now because they have a legitimate team, but history would definitely side against those who get too excited about the Rangers and their big signings.

#1142 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Tomorrow is BC day, and my hunch is something will get announced then if indeed Doan intends to play for the Nucks. Crossing fingers. :)

Yeah because signings are usually announced on holidays. The only time that happens is when FA starts on July 1st and that's not a holiday in the US, which is the calendar the NHL is run on

#1143 MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

theres a rumor on twitter that Canucks and Doan have reached a verbal agreement.... #CantWaitTillMonday

That is the worst source I've seen since Samjam99

Judging from the guy's following of kesler, bieksa, and the canucks, im pretty sure he's a canucks fan, so i'm not surprised hes saying shane doan is coming to canucks haha. I hope Shane doan is coming though haha

Edited by MaxLapierreAwesomeFace, 05 August 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#1144 LiveforCanucksHockey

LiveforCanucksHockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

That is the worst source I've seen since Samjam99

Indeed, but I've always been curious about rumours from a credible "source." Isn't that news?

Still changes nothing. I don't think there is any news to be had on this subject. Not until there is an actual signing.

#1145 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

-
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#1146 LiveforCanucksHockey

LiveforCanucksHockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

POPULAR

Yeah because signings are usually announced on holidays. The only time that happens is when FA starts on July 1st and that's not a holiday in the US, which is the calendar the NHL is run on

Did you just debunk your first sentence with your second?

#1147 DD_Bwest

DD_Bwest

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

ok first time poster, long time reader.. and i know its not a legit source.. but

Coyotes Insider@CoyotesInsider1
Less than 7 days before Shane #Doan signs a 4 years/26M deal with #Canucks #Doaner

that was 4 hours ago, a few hours before NHL_trade made his claim.. maybe its his source?

#1148 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

ok first time poster, long time reader.. and i know its not a legit source.. but

Less than 7 days before Shane #Doan signs a 4 years/26M deal with #Canucks #Doaner

that was 4 hours ago, a few hours before NHL_trade made his claim.. maybe its his source?

21 followers..
Posted Image

#1149 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Interesting. Really excited if true.
Posted Image

#1150 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

Coyotes Insider ‏@CoyotesInsider1

:lol: We're expected to think an 'insider' that has just 21 followers, is legit? Riiiighhtttt....

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1151 DD_Bwest

DD_Bwest

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

21 followers..

yes, clearly it is a new account, and has no credibility to back it up.. just the claims that hes an ex-nhl employee, living in pheonix. its not impossible its some disgruntled x employee whose trying to get some attention and have some fun.. i just posted it becaue i had found it. he doesnt seem to be pro vancouver in any way.. plus as i said, it could also be the "source" nhl_trade used.. like everything on twitter is should be takin with a salt shaker in one hand

#1152 Mr.Habitat

Mr.Habitat

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

21 followers..

This.

You people are pathetic. I bet it's people on this site making these accounts.

#1153 Great Save Luongo!!!

Great Save Luongo!!!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

The fortune I got on my Jones soda said Moday will be a very important day. Obviously that means Doan will sign tomorrow. You heard it here first.
Posted Image

#1154 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

POPULAR

This.

You people are pathetic. I bet it's people on this site making these accounts.

They're trying to spark conversation about the topic despite numerous mentions that they know it's more than likely completely false. Nice superiority complex, jackass.

#1155 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

The fortune I got on my Jones soda said Moday will be a very important day. Obviously that means Doan will sign tomorrow. You heard it here first.

:bigblush:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1156 mysticriver

mysticriver

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

They're trying to spark conversation about the topic despite numerous mentions that they know it's more than likely completely false. Nice superiority complex, jackass.

Hahaha, nice.

Posted Image

Sig/Avatar by ExpectoPatronum

#1157 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

#1158 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

POPULAR

Did you just debunk your first sentence with your second?

Sarcasm, it can be your friend. The fact that I "debunked" my own opening sentence should have been a clue

#1159 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

Sarcasm, it can be your friend. The fact that I "debunked" my own opening sentence should have been a clue

I thought you were serious.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#1160 AndyBernard

AndyBernard

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:38 AM

I thought you were serious.

yea some people just dont get it.. detecting sarcasm through text is almost impossible unless you know the person in real life! or a good guess :P
Posted Image
credit - VintageCanuck

#1161 ftmN

ftmN

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

Mods should make another seperate 'Doan News Thread only' to avoid going through 40pages of pointless information before this becomes the next Luongo trade thread.
Posted Image
Thanks to (>'-')> for the sig.

#1162 iinatcc

iinatcc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

This thread is going to go nuclear if the Canucks don't land him.

#1163 Neufy161

Neufy161

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

The poop I took 2 hours ago had more followers... seriously people were gathering.

come to think of it... thaaats pretty awkward

Oh hello Alain Vigneault, I see what you did there... good one.

Posted Image

Signature by (>'-')>

#1164 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:14 AM

This soap opera needs to be cancelled. Just sign a 1-year deal with the Yotes Mr Doan, and tease us all again next year.

I hate summer.

#1165 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

What holiday... BC day is only in BC.... what about June 24th Saint-Jean-Baptiste...

BC day is a civic holiday

anyway he can sign any time he wants to it is up to him and his agent

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#1166 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,102 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

Never said adding Doan would make our offence better than NYRs... quite the opposite actually. Read again (unless you were just agreeing with me by reiterating the sentiment).

- Brad Richards is still a top PPG center in the league
- Callahan is their heart and soul guy, like Kesler
- Nash is a beast whose numbers have been stunted because of the crap-hole that is CBJ
- Gaborik is still a top forward
- Stepan is already a 50 point guy in his first two seasons on the big club, a great fit as the 2nd center

That leaves Kreider, Hagelin or (and hopefully not) Doan as the 6th man. Kreider looks like a young phenom and Hagelin put up almost 40 points in under 70 games in his rookie season... we don't need to talk about Doan.

Their offence >>> ours, at least the way it is now

I am in agreement with you on the Ranger offence. Even tho Gaborik had a poor playoff the Rangers will probably see a bounce back from him and as you suggest Kreider and Hagelin give them lots of depth. The NHL has never seen Nash play on a real talented roster and he alone could run away with the league.

Again I say that adding Doan will not be enough for Vancouver. He would be a big part but Gillis has to get a substantial return form a Lu trade and the existing roster have to return to their performance level of 2 seasons ago.

#1167 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

The poop I took 2 hours ago had more followers... seriously people were gathering.

come to think of it... thaaats pretty awkward

HAH

That just made my day Thank you

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#1168 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

Mods should make another seperate 'Doan News Thread only' to avoid going through 40pages of pointless information before this becomes the next Luongo trade thread.

Tried this 3 or 4 pages ago. Didn't catch on. I pray you have better luck.
Posted Image

#1169 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

What holiday... BC day is only in BC.... what about June 24th Saint-Jean-Baptiste...

BC day is a civic holiday

anyway he can sign any time he wants to it is up to him and his agent

First Monday in August

August Civic Holiday

Statutory holiday in British Columbia (British Columbia Day), New Brunswick (New Brunswick Day), Northwest Territories (Civic Holiday), Nunavut (Civic Holiday), and Saskatchewan (Saskatchewan Day).

Civic holiday (may be a paid vacation day depending on employer) in Alberta (Heritage Day), Manitoba (Civic Holiday), Ontario (John Galt Day + Simcoe Day + others), Nova Scotia (Natal Day), Prince Edward Island (Civic Holiday).

Not observed in Newfoundland and Labrador, Quebec, or Yukon.[6]

Edited by Shadowgoon, 06 August 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#1170 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

I do not want Shane Doan. He's old, yeah great he's gritty and physical but at 36 years old he's on his twilight years. Why would we commit more money than 4 million to a player with 20 goals who's 36?

Jagr, a first ballot Hall of Famer, signed for 4.5 million, right?

So why we would pay over 4 million for Doan baffles me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.