The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

sorry about that bit in a rush gotta go some where

1. most assist not really good passing plays

2. Top 90 in assist means nothing

1. because we are a better team

2. Some players on the top line are there just to score

[*]Zetterberge is elite player good in all aspects of hockey

[*]Kesler more like Brown not good playmakers.

[*]team needs great play-maker's to increase scoring not good play-maker's

Lol it's all good, I'm done with this anyway, there's no winning on CDC, all I wanted to do was throw out a scenario and not get bashed for it and get called dumb....that's all

5 people ignored your post, Trip, so I will comment on it.

I like this, even though it is Eklund. Doan didn't prioritize Vancouver to meet with, but now has met with them more than the other teams is one way to show he is impressed.

So I like that more sources (credible or not) are now saying that Doan in Vancouver is very likely.

I think Kesler and Doan make a nice tandem, but rather than Booth, I might try Burrows as the third on that line. The problem with Kes and Booth is that they both like to be the puck carrier when they come into the offensive zone. With Burrows, he's a great forechecker and with teamed with Kes and Doan, they make a formidable dump and chase line. Burrows might drop a bit in numbers, but I still see him getting 20-25 goals on that line, but he would be more able to refind the gritty, abrasive part of his game that he's put on the shelf for the last couple years.

On a line with the twins, I think the skills that Booth brings to the table mesh well with the game the twins play........Hank loves to use his wingers breaking into the zone and Booth has high end speed and shows he has no trouble crashing the net for a goal.........I can picture, in my head, a Sedin-Sedin-Booth three on two with Booth driving the hard to the net and Hank feathering a soft pass about 4 feet from the net........with Danny coming in as the lat man. With the twins, I think Booth is a 25-30 goal guy, easy.

Sedin Sedin Booth

Burrows Kes Doan

Higgins Lappy Hansen

Volpatti Manny Kassian

I like the idea. Nice physical mix on the bottom 3 lines. Burrows and Kesler have always played well together. Bring Schroeder up and try him at that 3rd line center for a few games. This lineup is without a Lou tradde as well.

I think Kesler and Doan make a nice tandem, but rather than Booth, I might try Burrows as the third on that line. The problem with Kes and Booth is that they both like to be the puck carrier when they come into the offensive zone. With Burrows, he's a great forechecker and with teamed with Kes and Doan, they make a formidable dump and chase line. Burrows might drop a bit in numbers, but I still see him getting 20-25 goals on that line, but he would be more able to refind the gritty, abrasive part of his game that he's put on the shelf for the last couple years.

On a line with the twins, I think the skills that Booth brings to the table mesh well with the game the twins play........Hank loves to use his wingers breaking into the zone and Booth has high end speed and shows he has no trouble crashing the net for a goal.........I can picture, in my head, a Sedin-Sedin-Booth three on two with Booth driving the hard to the net and Hank feathering a soft pass about 4 feet from the net........with Danny coming in as the lat man. With the twins, I think Booth is a 25-30 goal guy, easy.

Sedin Sedin Booth

Burrows Kes Doan

Higgins Lappy Hansen

Volpatti Manny Kassian

Yup and yup.

For a 3-5 year sacrifice away from the ranch, I'd take an adventure of a lifetime in NYC anyday--many people would as well. Doan has already expressed his recent NYR showcase as "incredible". I bet his family is excited at this too (prospect of living for a few years in NYC). They can always go back to the Ranch in PHX or live in BC when they all get older. For the next 3-5 years, NYC isn't a bad option. They will be rich and comfortable, and the kids can go to any private school they want. Playing out East also allows the Doans to see other East Coast friends and relatives. There are many great cities out on the other side of the Mississippi River. I think the "fun for the whole family" factor is a big deal for Shane. He only has 3-5 years to earn a real good paycheck. This will be a small sacrifice for a good payoff for the Doan clan. Just my hunch of course. I would love to see him in a Canuck uniform, but it's more than just hockey for a guy like Doan.

Yeah but Booth has some rather significant deficiencies in his game (namely his forechecking and ability to win the majority of his puck battles) so I'm not sure if he's the best fit with the twins if teams start standing up the blueline and forcing a dump'n'chase game. However, it's worth experimenting with over the course of the regular season and AV definitely sees what you see in terms of the transition offence this combination would provide.

Like I said a page earlier, I think Higgins-Kesler-Doan would probably be the best fit for Kesler's game and that way you could still use the twins & Burrows as a line. That leaves Booth-______-Hansen with a bit of an identity crisis but I think both those wingers could use a little of each others' game to become better all around players anyway (Hansen might make the jump to a 20g 50pt guy and Booth could learn a thing or two about checking) and the centre AV puts them with would end up dictating whether they are an Ozone starting line (think: Schroeder, in which case Kesler goes back to a Dzone line) or a Dzone starting line (think: Malhotra/Lapierre, in which case Kesler remains Ozone option #2).

I think a first line with the speed of Booth makes the twins much more dangerous off the rush and moves them away from the "let Burrows forecheck and get us the puck" routine........forechecking is also a skill that can be learned easily enough, and Booth certainly has the speed to be a very effective forechecker.

Fair enough. Your point about forechecking is also duly noted and I've seen Daniel Cleary do exactly that over his years in the league. I just think he'd probably learn that part quicker on a line with Lapierre & Hansen, but that's not exactly a wise choice for a coach to make: plant $4.25m on the third line for half a year.

Archived