1823 replies to this topic

#91 xCANUCKAHOLICx

xCANUCKAHOLICx

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

this would be sick!!!!! doan signs here hell of a off season but im not gonna hold my breath

#92 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

So, if Luongo didn't ask to be traded - explain to me why we are trying to trade him right now????

Remember, he has a no-trade clause. So, we CAN'T shop him without his permission. So, explain how we can be shopping someone we aren't allowed to trade???

The fact that we ARE shopping him MEANS (with 100% certainty) that he HAS given us permission. That he HAS asked for a trade. It's the only possibility...
Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:41 PM by BloodyCanuckleheads

I could definitely see Grabner going. He seems to have done his best to play his way out the door (and Gillis seems to be the smartest GM we've ever had, so, put two and two together)...

#93 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

This also bears repeating...:

In the original interview Wednesday night, Vigneault was asked if he agreed that Luongo needed a fresh start after being supplanted as the Canucks' No. 1 goalie by Cory Schneider during the playoffs. Vigneault replied (translated): “That's what he wants right now.”

So, if Luongo didn't ask to be traded - explain this quote!!! Why did the Canucks coach come out and say that Luongo 'wants' a fresh start on a new team - if it wasn't true??? And, don't give me that 'he misspoke' crap (of course the Canucks are going to claim that)! 'That's what he wants...' is not something you say accidentally - unless that's what he actually wants... And, remember, this was right after that exit meeting...

I could definitely see Grabner going. He seems to have done his best to play his way out the door (and Gillis seems to be the smartest GM we've ever had, so, put two and two together)...

#94 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

What a surprise! More crickets!!! Better start back with the personal attacks again!

#95 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

So, if Luongo didn't ask to be traded - explain to me why we are trying to trade him right now????

Remember, he has a no-trade clause. So, we CAN'T shop him without his permission. So, explain how we can be shopping someone we aren't allowed to trade???

The fact that we ARE shopping him MEANS (with 100% certainty) that he HAS given us permission. That he HAS asked for a trade. It's the only possibility...

I actually had to go back to the 1st page and read the preceding dramafest. Honestly I'm not sure why you insist on trying to pound these notions into the skulls of these cretins.

For the most part, CDC is a collective of idiocy the fallout of which is compounded by the fact that most of these people generally have nothing better to do than engage in defamatory conversation, if it can even be called conversation. I suppose there is an exchange back and forth, but I digress; I may be the only one in this thread who agrees with you, now let me temper that by saying that the connotation your arguments take are just a tad on the condescending side of the spectrum.

It's entirely clear to me that the majority of individuals who frequent this forum are completely oblivious to subtext and lack the ability to decipher the silver lining of what people say, especially to the media. This entire saga of Luongo, and now Shane Doan reminds me a lot of blind devotion, and people's faith in religion. Despite how ludicrous some arguments are, and regardless of how compelling or damning the evidence may be, people choose to believe what they want to believe because it fits into what their perspective of the world is; I'll finish this little diatribe off with a partial quote from one of my favorite actors of all time, Tommy Lee Jones: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it".

Edited by Shadowgoon, 18 July 2012 - 08:25 PM.

#96 sonoman

sonoman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Isn't this supposed to be a thread about Shane Doan????????????????????????????????????????????

#97 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

He doesn't mean he asked for a trade it means we want to trade him and Luongo is ok with it. (although I agree with you that I think Luongo asked for one, you'll need better evidence to convince people.)
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#98 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

I may be the only one in this thread who agrees with you, now let me temper that by saying that the connotation your arguments take is just a tad on the condescending side of the spectrum.

A voice of reason! It was getting lonely in here (funny you should mention it, but I'm actually an atheist too, so I'm used to being violently attacked for being right when everyone else is wrong)!

And, yes, I am condescending. Unlike the competition, I'm intellectually-honest and will admit when I'm wrong. I have about 50 IQ points on most of these guys, so when dumb people call me stupid - I like to show them that I'm WAY smarter than they are (so, if I'm stupid - what the hell does that make them)!...

#99 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

A voice of reason! It was getting lonely in here (funny you should mention it, but I'm actually an atheist too, so I'm used to being violently attacked for being right when everyone else is wrong)!

And, yes, I am condescending. Unlike the competition, I'm intellectually-honest and will admit when I'm wrong. I have about 50 IQ points on most of these guys, so when dumb people call me stupid - I like to show them that I'm WAY smarter than they are (so, if I'm stupid - what the hell does that make them)!...

I don't really want to get into an argument about this so I'll just say my piece and you can take it at face value, for what it's worth etc. Smart and Intelligent are not necessarily the same thing. You might know more intellectually than the majority on this board, but it's not the smartest idea in the world to berate them with that fact and throw it in their faces. All that tends to do is rile up the masses and generate feelings of hostility, soon enough they'll be grabbing pyres and pitch forks and storming in your theoretical direction.

I learned a long time ago to let people do what they do, the power of idiocy is a lot like the power of nature. Once it gathers enough energy the laws of physics just tend to take over, and crap always rolls downhill.

Edit, I'm not "Atheist", I'm actually "Spiritual with a healthy disdain for organized religion". I'm just perceptive enough to wade through all the BS and make informed decisions for myself; I don't need someone in my life telling me what's wrong and what's right.

Edited by Shadowgoon, 18 July 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#100 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

Good point.

#101 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Since everyone here vehemently believed that Luongo would never have asked for a trade - and since we've now proved beyond all reasonable doubt that he did in fact ask for a trade (then screwed the team by making that request public) - is anyone here going to change their mind and agree that maybe, just maybe, Luongo is a prima donna?

#102 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

Since everyone here vehemently believed that Luongo would never have asked for a trade - and since we've now proved beyond all reasonable doubt that he did in fact ask for a trade (then screwed the team by making that request public) - is anyone here going to change their mind and agree that maybe, just maybe, Luongo is a prima donna?

I thought everyone knew this?? atleast in his early times here he was.

#103 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

I thought everyone knew this??

So did I... So did I....

I'm actually shocked how many people don't realize it (as I mentioned, he's not just a prima donna, he's like the worst one ever - and we've had a few).

#104 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

I will agree that his "interview" on CFOX a while back struck a nerve with me, particularly with some of the comments he made. What Luongo did was in fact posturing of his own; he essentially forced Gillis to HAVE to trade him, it is now the only possible outcome; especially after speaking about the current team he is still legally under contract to in the past tense, and claiming "it is time to move on".

He's forced Gillis into a situation now where any GM interested in Luongo is going to wait Gillis out to the point where he will be forced to take a ridiculously bad return just to move the problem out of this market so it doesn't become a distraction to the rest of the team. A lot of the players on the team are very well educated, I can only imagine how they are viewing the clusterf*ck that is brewing.

In this regard yes, I do in fact believe that Luongo is a Prima Donna because he has the audacity to strong arm the situation the way he has, it's entirely about his ego at this point and everything he says to the contrary "whatever is best for the team" is again posturing to make him come out smelling like roses and Gillis knee deep in crap.

#105 Wonder__Bread

Wonder__Bread

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Here, allow me to illustrate why everyone is personally attacking me (without proving me wrong in any way). It's because you guys CAN'T prove me wrong, so your only hope is to attack...

For instance, here's what I said that has you all up in arms:

1. Luongo is a prima donna. If you've followed Luongo's Canucks career - you can't argue with that. At all!
2. Luongo wasn't nice to management. Again, if you've followed his career - it's impossible to argue this point.
3. Luongo asked for a trade three games after being benched. Can't argue with this, as he did it on television.
4. Luongo asked for a trade - then is forcing us to ship him to basically a single team. Again, this has been reported in the press. Can't argue there. Although, granted, this is about the only that you could argue slightly (based on the veracity of those reports). But, it's likely you will be wrong...
5. Luongo's family never moved here. Again, you can't argue this, it's a well known fact that's been reported on in the press many times.
6. Luongo's performance declined the last couple years. Again, there's no possible argument here. It's easy to look up stats and see that Luongo's nowhere near as dominant a goaltender nowadays (you guys are ignoring the fact that your saviour just got supplanted by a freaking rookie!!! If Lu's so bloody good, how did a rookie steal his job???). It's been reported on endlessly in the press.
7. He's got a ridiculous contract. Yet again, there's no possible argument. Virtually every hockey writer in the other 29 NHL cities have run articles about how bad Lu's contract is.
8. Luongo's contract is designed to cheat the rules. Again, no possible argument. The contract OBVIOUSLY was intended to circumvent salary-cap rules. Again, all 29 other cities have written about this.
9. Luongo made his trade request public. Yet again, there's no possible argument here. He did it on television.
10. Luongo made his trade request three games after he lost the starter's job. Again, no possible argument you can make. It happened on television. It's a fact.

So, there you have it. There is no possible arguments you guys can make. But, you don't like what I have to say (even though ALL TEN POINTS ARE OBJECTIVELY TRUE), so you personally attack me...

And, you all think you guys are the honourable ones! It's hilarious!

1. I'd love to know your definition of a prima donna because Luongo is the opposite of "a vain or undisciplined person who finds it difficult to work under direction or as part of a team". Luongo is a heart and soul player who would give up anything for the Canucks just to see them succeed, including time with his family, even his starting position, how can you hate a guy who takes full responsibility for every loss?

2. As fans we are on the outside of everything, Luongo may or may not treat management well, but this is a classy guy we're talking about, do you really think he would be naive enough to disrespect management, the last player to do so got shipped out immediately (Cody Hodgson). Then you're point can't be proven wrong unless you were part of Canucks management, which I can gladly say you aren't.

3. I would of thought someone who "studied law" would know better then to change what was actually said to suit his argument, wait a minute... Luongo said that if Canucks management asked him to waive his NTC then he'd waive it. He also said that "I understand if the Canucks want to move forward with Schneider, if I were gm I'd do the same.", how does something as humble as that make you hate the guy and how does that make him a prima donna to add to my first point.

4. Once again he hasn't come out openly and said "I want to be traded to Florida.", that's forcing Canucks management to trade him to "ship him to basically a single team". Luongo hasn't said anything of that nature, all we know is that if the Canucks asked him to waive his NTC he'd waive it, simple as that. You're arguing based on blind assumptions and it truly is wrecking your credibility.

5. Yes, Luongo's family didn't move here, just shows how dedicated he is/was to our team and city. He gave up time with his young girl to play across the continent with OUR team. Another argument against Luongo being a prima donna.

6. His last 2 years in a Canucks shirt have been on par with his first years as a Canuck and better. Do some research and you'll see that the 2010-2011 season was his best in a Canucks uniform and last season he was basically on par with his earlier Canucks days where he was our so called "saviour". Bobby Lou is still an elite goalie in this league and nothing you say can change that. Top 5 at worst, top 2 at best, pretty sure that's elite. Crosby came out and stole Lemieux job, based on your logic Lemieux must be bad because Crosby overtook him, right? Don't act like this is just a mere rookie, who just came out of some lower tier league and hasn't shown any signs of brilliance and stole Luongo's job, this is someone who was always destined to get this job, after years of development, I think Cory deserves it.

7. 5.333 million for an elite goaltender, that's a huge bargain, let us take a look at other contracts of goalies around Luongo's level: Ryan Miller=6.25 million, Henrik Lundqvist=6.875 million, Jonathan Quick=5.8 million for 10 years! Luongo's contract is made so that he will retire and not play out the remaining years. With all the huge contracts being thrown around and the salary cap that just keeps on rising, in a few years Luongo's contract is going to be a huge bargain.

8. No discussion here, his contract was made to circumvent salary cap rules, but then again is that really Luongo's fault, yes he signed it, but the NHL is at fault here for allowing such contracts, they were naive to think no one would take advantage of such a great loophole, it benefits both sides, the NHL teams get a low cap hit which allows them to go after other assets, and the players get financial security and stability for the remainder of their careers. If there was a tunnel through a mountain and on the other side was everything you ever wanted, would you climb the mountain? No, you'd take the tunnel. That's basically salary cap circumvention.

For 9 and 10 look at #3 cause you seem to enjoy repeating yourself. You are arguing on stuff no one on the outside knows. You are rephrasing quotes to suit your arguments and making blind assumptions based on what the media is writing. Your obnoxiousness is clearly making you confuse your assumptions and opinions as facts. You may call yourself a realist, but all you are is a pessimist, "

Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don’t learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us.” Stephen Colbert

Edited by Wonder__Bread, 18 July 2012 - 09:35 PM.

Posted Image

#106 stuckinontario

stuckinontario

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Sooooo, any news on DOAN?

Gotta love it when someone spends the better part of a page ranting about who's right/smarter/gotthebiggeste-peen; meanwhile, they're talking about another player altogether with more than a few threads dedicated to them, already.
Posted Image
Canucks brass, send scouts out to Ptbo!

#107 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Funny how it's nothing but [CRICKETS] after I absolutely destroy your arguments or prove you guys completely wrong...

Your'e the worst. You haven't destroyed anyone's argument's. You're living in a fantasy world dude. I ask you to give me an example of how Luongo is a prima donna and your response is "how is he not a prima donna? I shouldn't have to give you any examples". Just shut up. It has NEVER been confirmed that he asked for a trade. Kypreos is speculating, as are you. You can't argue a point by countering with another question that makes you seem all knowing. I almost feel bad for the way you have embarassed yourself.

And by the way, the fact that you think that teams can't shop players with NTC just shows me your general lack of intelligence in hockey. Teams can shop whoever they want whether they have asked for a trade or not. The player just has to ok the axrual trade.

Congratulations on becoming my least favorite person on CDC. Seriously, that is no small feat.
"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

#108 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

K. We all have to recognize something as a group here. This man is one of 2 things:
1) He is a troll, and is feeding off of our attention OR
2) He literally has mental problems. This isn't a personal attack, I know some people are difficult, but in the event that he's not being a troll I do honestly believe he has psychological issues (grandiose delusions, megalomania). If he truly did have an IQ of 150+ he'd be able to recognize the very simple difference between an opinion and a fact, and even the most socially inept people do not act like this, anywhere. If they do it's a warning sign.

Also the fact that he couldn't wait more than 9 minutes between him posting and someone replying to him before he posted again that nobody can argue against him (post #105-106 on this page) is really disturbing. He's craving this. It is feeding him.

My point is, it doesn't matter which of these is the actual case, we really need to stop addressing him. Either he wants us to and is enjoying it, or we're actually helping feed his mental instability. In this case he doesn't need anonymous people berating him, he needs professional help, and it's just frustrating to ourselves because it will be literally impossible to change his point of view.

I know I said I would stop addressing him before, and this will be the last of it for me.

#109 Jake's_Dad

Jake's_Dad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

I DONT KNOW WHAT WERE YELLING ABOUT!!
-formerly known as macvic24

#110 hyroglyphixs

hyroglyphixs

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

To steer this back to DOAN, I would guess that if Phoenix doesn't solve their ownership issues, Doan has a very high chance of signing with us. The problem is that the situation is also very likely to be resolved..

Posted Image

"If you do enough things, you're going to eventually narrow it down to the things that really make you happy." ~LIGHTS

GO CANUCKS GO!!

#111 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,074 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

Agent: Phoenix Coyotes' Shane Doan waiting for Jamison group confirmation http://bit.ly/LYgbu7

307mg00.jpg

#112 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

He has a No TRADE Clause, not a no shop clause. Find me the part of the CBA that says we can't find out what other teams would offer for him pending his approval.

How would teams have a deal in place that a player like Heatley or Nash denied if they weren't allowed to shop?

Oh wait... Luongo has a No SHOP Clause... riiiiiiiiiight.

But no. You're right about everything including opinions, so I must be wrong. Go ahead, enlighten me on how I am wrong.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#113 suomistyler

suomistyler

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

Funny how it's nothing but [CRICKETS] after I absolutely destroy your arguments or prove you guys completely wrong...

Posted Image

Its time to grow up people. You know that you are arguing so vehemently about the Canucks right? This topic is really of no substance or consequence to anything relevant to what really matters in real life. Save your energy for debating more important things, seems like you have a passion for it. Why waste in on this drivel?

Edited by suomistyler, 18 July 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#114 jimmyking8888

jimmyking8888

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

His agent still wants to drive the price up.

#115 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,728 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:09 AM

Que the "Gillis lost out on Weber, so he better get Doan now" posts.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#116 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Canucks First-Line

• Super Moderators
  • 6,024 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:16 AM

Please make an effort to stay on topic. The derailing of this thread is out of hand. Warnings and suspensions have been handed out for trolling, derailing the thread, personal attacks and censor bypassing.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please read the Board Rules.

#117 pianoman13

pianoman13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

Ha! We're not getting
anything decent for Lu... The best we could possibly hope for is albatross for albatross (Luongo for Nash). Other than that, we're getting hosed...

And, not just for one or two reasons, we're getting hosed for just soooooo many:

1. Lu's been a prima donna since day one (remember all the hoops he used to make management jump through - well, I shouldn't say 'used to', he's still doing it to this day?).
2. Lu's treated management as bad as management treated Bure. Well, OK, maybe not quite that bad, but not good either. And, who has to make a massive gamble to acquire Lu?... Right, another team's management... They're like elephants, they don't forget.
3. If you were a coach or GM, would you want a player who asked out of a decade-long contract after three games on the bench??? Ever???
4. Lu is reportedly steering the trade towards one or two teams (who have nothing we want).
5. Lu never moved his family here. Despite signing a contract in the 2000's - that ran through the 2010's - and into the 2020's... Would you want a player who cared that much about your city?...
6. Would you want a player (signed for another decade) whose production declined dramatically and almost immediately after he signed that contract?...
7. That contract.
8. Oh, and that contract was clearly designed so Lu could cheat the rules (and not play the last few years, yet still get paid the big bucks). Would you want a player who is OK with cheating?...
9. Luongo made his trade request public - thereby ensuring we don't get fair value. Again, would you want a player who did that to his last team on your team???
10. And, it's worth repeating... This isn't a long, drawn out thing or something that's been brewing forever. Lu is pissed that A BETTER PLAYER got to start THREE GAMES ahead of him. Three. Freaking. Games. And, he can't stand playing on this team anymore... Would you want a player like that on your team???

And, remember...

If you pick this player up - you are on the hook for like fifty million dollars - AND - you have to give up one or more decent players in exchange...

Oh yeah, and is this player famous for being a choker?...

Wow.... Its actually pretty impressive you believe most of that. That wasnt sarcasm was it... I almost want to believe it is.

On topic, I have a feeling for some reason that Doan will not stay with Phoenix.... Not sure if he will go to the Canucks but I think he will be lured away.

Edited by pianoman13, 19 July 2012 - 01:39 AM.

No videos in sig please. 

#118 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:27 AM

Wow.... Its actually pretty impressive you believe most of that. That wasnt sarcasm was it... I almost want to believe it is.

On topic, I have a feeling for some reason that Doan will not stay with Phoenix.... Not sure if he will go to the Canucks but I think he will be lured away.

I highly doubt he leaves phoenix unless they try to low ball him

#119 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,728 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

I highly doubt he leaves phoenix unless they try to low ball him

There have been reports that they have been lowballing him and he wasn't happy about it. Whether that's true or not, I'm not sure.

But you gotta believe that Phoenix's offer won't be close to what other teams are offering.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#120 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

Que the "Gillis lost out on Weber, so he better get Doan now" posts.

:towel: hahaha
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.