1823 replies to this topic

#1441 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

Read the article. Bross himself confirmed today they they've been offered an over 7 million dollar contract for 4 years, today. I would think they would ask people to match or at least come close.

Doan said he's not all about the money, so I doubt that.
Posted Image

#1442 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

If someone offers you a job on the Alberta oil sands for $100k/year with tough working conditions, a crappy company, lower quality work mates, long cold winters and you have a wife and family... Are you going to take that over a $85k/year job in beautiful Vancouver for a better company, with more benefits, better coworkers, the office has a gym and spa, has more opportunity to advance and is a better environment for your wife and kids...?

Great Analogy
Posted Image

#1443 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,019 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

"Jupiter, you are angry, therefore you are wrong" ©

If you're going low for personal attacks, it means you're on a shaky ground. Try to find your balance and relax ...

And, BTW, NUMBERS cannot stand OPINIONS. They require calculations or estimation based on models.

I can understand when people on discussion board express their opinion about which player fits where. But salary! It looks so funny.

Where exactly did I make a personal attack?...lol And I'm far from angry. I captilized the OPINIONS to make it clear for you that they are in fact OPINIONS, not because I'm angry. It's to assist with your reading comprehension ;)

As for wether you think my opinion on Doan's worth/salary is "funny", I care not. This is a discussion board where people will have opinions and discuss players salary. If we weren't discussing our opinions on that matter, it would make for a pretty dull (nonexistant) discussion/thread. Either way my opinion on his pending salary is certainly more on subject than your sad attempt to de-rail this thread about "mystical value devices" or whatever nonsensical blather you're going on about.

Edited by J.R., 08 August 2012 - 04:53 PM.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#1444 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

Mobile

#1445 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1446 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

School starts in four weeks. If he's moving to a new city with the family, he's got to sign somewhere soon, right? I don't know, I still feel like a 1-year deal with the Coyotes is going to be announced.

#1447 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

School starts in four weeks. If he's moving to a new city with the family, he's got to sign somewhere soon, right? I don't know, I still feel like a 1-year deal with the Coyotes is going to be announced.

Starts on the 21st in the states

#1448 Canadiac

Canadiac

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

derp

Edited by Canadiac, 08 August 2012 - 05:31 PM.

#1449 The Architect

The Architect

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

This is getting MAD G@Y.
Sig too big.

THANK YOU P R O L I F I C for the incredible signature!

#1450 mysticriver

mysticriver

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Things suddenly looking positive for the Coyotes; apparently Jamieson has his investors.

Could be a load of **** though.

Edited by mysticriver, 08 August 2012 - 06:21 PM.

Posted Image

Sig/Avatar by ExpectoPatronum

#1451 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

Very good point, prob means he HAS to sign within the next 2 weeks to get slightly settled before school starts

Or are his kids staying in PHX and he's gonna go back and forth??

Edited by RonnieColeman, 08 August 2012 - 06:21 PM.

#1452 Mr.Habitat

Mr.Habitat

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

Things suddenly looking positive for the Coyotes; apparently Jamieson has his investors.

Link

#1453 mysticriver

mysticriver

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

Link

http://www.bizjourna...n-track-as.html

Posted Image

Sig/Avatar by ExpectoPatronum

#1454 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

Link

http://aol.sportingn...cures-investors

#1455 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

He claims to have the additional $20M needed to buy the team but it also says he still needs to find the capital to run it. In addition, there is a court hearing on the 24th by a higher court to look at the petition that was rejected by the lower courts. The Goldwater group is still a threat to sue as well.

Scraping together the cash to buy a money-losing hockey franchise, is a recipe for disaster. They will be a budget team barely making the cap floor and the product on the ice will reflect that. That leads to fewer fans and more losses and eventually, the break-up of the investment group.

The NHL is showing very poor business judgement in allowing this mistake to carry on. There's a philosophy in golf...don't let one bad shot cost you more than one stroke. The NHL hit the ball deep into the woods in going to Phoenix in the first place, tried to hit a 350 yard recovery shot through dense forest that resulted in the ball bouncing further into the trees. They'd be better to just take an unplayable lie and accept their loss.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 08 August 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#1456 canucks411

canucks411

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

POPULAR

He claims to have the additional $20M needed to buy the team but it also says he still needs to find the capital to run it. In addition, there is a court hearing on the 24th by a higher court to look at the petition that was rejected by the lower courts. The Goldwater group is still a threat to sue as well.

Scraping together the cash to buy a money-losing hockey franchise, is a recipe for disaster. They will be a budget team barely making the cap floor and the product on the ice will reflect that. That leads to fewer fans and more losses and eventually, the break-up of the investment group.

The NHL is showing very poor business judgement in allowing this mistake to carry on. There's a philosophy in golf...don't let one bad shot cost you more than one stroke. The NHL hit the ball deep into the woods in going to Phoenix in the first place, tried to hit a 350 yard recovery shot through dense forest that resulted in the ball bouncing further into the trees. They'd be better to just take an unplayable lie and accept their loss.

+1

As an advocate of golf, I support this message

Posted Image
Thanks Ballard_4 for the sig!

#1457 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

MbL

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#1458 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

I want a DOANut

#1459 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

And Garrison was going to get 6.5 Million. Remember that? Everyone wanted MG to move on when that idiotic rumor came out.

True dat

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#1460 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

+1

As an advocate of golf, I support this message

Haha exactly what I was thinking. When I read it I was like "hmmm, that relates perfectly to this situation. My good course management skills agree with this dude"

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#1461 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

The approach being taken by Shane Doan's agent throughout this entire fiasco is quite disappointing. I understand that it is an agent's job to seek out the best deal available. However, am I the only one that feels that this could have been done behind closed doors? Why does Bross need to go out of his way to advertise to the world what teams are "in the mix"? All of this could be done in a far more professional manner and I think a person of Doan's character deserves better.

The agent is setting his client up to be the villain in a BIG way. What he is effectively doing is prostituting Shane out to the highest bidder. Just when we are led to believe that his list of teams has been narrowed, Bross gets in touch with a media outlet to say that another team is now in the mix, so as to drive up the cost. Bross only has his own interest and greed at heart, not Doan's. What he should be doing is privately finding the best deal for Doan and his family rather than turning him into Lebron James 2.0.

I would welcome Doan with open arms and would love to see him in Blue and Green. It's just such a shame that his agent is making it more and more unlikely with every passing day.
"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

#1462 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

The approach being taken by Shane Doan's agent throughout this entire fiasco is quite disappointing. I understand that it is an agent's job to seek out the best deal available. However, am I the only one that feels that this could have been done behind closed doors? Why does Bross need to go out of his way to advertise to the world what teams are "in the mix"? All of this could be done in a far more professional manner and I think a person of Doan's character deserves better.

The agent is setting his client up to be the villain in a BIG way. What he is effectively doing is prostituting Shane out to the highest bidder. Just when we are led to believe that his list of teams has been narrowed, Bross gets in touch with a media outlet to say that another team is now in the mix, so as to drive up the cost. Bross only has his own interest and greed at heart, not Doan's. What he should be doing is privately finding the best deal for Doan and his family rather than turning him into Lebron James 2.0.

I would welcome Doan with open arms and would love to see him in Blue and Green. It's just such a shame that his agent is making it more and more unlikely with every passing day.

Are you really surprised that DB Doana has a DB Agent? .. logic or irony for the win?? .. :lol:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#1463 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Doan's best interest is to make him self and Shane Doan as much money as possible while being in an environment he and his family like. It's Doan's agents job to get him the best deal possible. If he's not doing that he's not doing his job.

#1464 patrick188

patrick188

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Doan's best interest is to make him self and Shane Doan as much money as possible while being in an environment he and his family like. It's Doan's agents job to get him the best deal possible. If he's not doing that he's not doing his job.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1465 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

he's not coming to Vancouver, I want him too, but Im not feeling it

#1466 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

Apparently a team has offered him 4 years $7 million per season! People are saying its Nashville!

http://www.torontosu...-for-shane-doan

http://www.cbssports...n-7-million-per

#1467 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

if doan is not staying in the desert, he's gonna go to a strong team. Nashville right now is up in the air. I don't think he'll go there even for more money.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1468 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

I fully understand this. I just feel it could have been done in a more private manner rather than setting his client up to be the bad guy in virtually every major hockey market in the league. Of course its his job to get the best deal financially. And he's doing it well. However, Bross is being completely classless about how he is going about finding that deal. Just my opinion.
"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

#1469 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

I would LOL so hard if he ended up signing w/the Coyotes :lol:
Posted Image

#1470 The Architect

The Architect

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

i can feel the phoenix re-signing upcoming.

What the canucks' backup...we are in dire need of a top 6 fwd

Edited by debluvscanucks, 09 August 2012 - 08:55 AM.

Sig too big.

THANK YOU P R O L I F I C for the incredible signature!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.