The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Actually their defensive group is pretty strong, especially with Sauer returning. Having the best goalie in the world helps, too.

It's hard to argue with Canucks fans when so few watch anything outside of the Canucks (even worse when most of the ones that only watch the Canucks don't know anything about their own team, either). :P

This has been taking ridiculously long. I just wish he had an actual deadline or something. It's just a piss off now, especially since it's holding up trades and other signings. If this signing takes this long, and he doesn't choose VAN, I don't even wanna know how long it will take MG to make that Lu trade. Jeez, I swear it would be next season before he'd pull that trigger.

Shane Doan said once again that he wants to stay in Phoenix:

“Right now I’m doing everything I can to stay there and that’s kind of my goal,” Doan said in an interview with TSN. “At the same time, I’m having to do some due diligence, now in the fact that the longer it takes the more likely and the harder it seems to be to get a deal done in Phoenix.”

“It’s one of those things. that I understand the fluidity of the market and the way that the market moves, but like I said I’m going to try to give Phoenix every chance I can,” Doan said.

“For me it’s going to be about my family and the right situation for us and the right situation for me as a player to have a chance to win and enjoy the game. And I think that’s a big part of it is being in the right spot and enjoying it. There’s obviously a few teams that fit that.”

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=639175&print=true

Actually their defensive group is pretty strong, especially with Sauer returning. Having the best goalie in the world helps, too.

It's hard to argue with Canucks fans when so few watch anything outside of the Canucks (even worse when most of the ones that only watch the Canucks don't know anything about their own team, either). :P

The discussion was about the Rangers being a fav to win the cup over Van and my point was that compared to our depth and all around skill on D, the Rags are not even close to us. Aside from that, my point on the bolded section of his last comment, which I wasn't going to even bother addressing but now feel like I should at least state the obvious, is his ignorant assumption that I only watch Vancouver and on top of that assumes that I no little of my hometown team... tsk tsk

Not sure why you think the rangers have such a big chance to win the cup over us, maybe because of Nash?

Canucks IMO have just a good a chance or even better chance than the rangers and i just find it hilarious that because of 1 good season(finally) by the rangers they are considered the top team in the NHL. Sure they have some good players, chemistry, great goalie etc. Thing is we have players that we have watched over the last 5 years have a bit of a down year this last season and it doesnt all mean they wont bounce right back and have good years again. Dammit we still won the damn presidents trophy lol with most of our players haveing down years lmfao.

We have all the tools to win the cup i have no doubt about that, i just think the rangers need to put up some more good years and be in more playoff series for me to consider them a favorite over the nucks.

With the addition of doan i dont see how we are not the clear cut favorites to win the cup this season.

Only an ignorant homer would think we're better than NYR lol... even with us having Doan, they're still better.

If we added a good top-6 forward, like Doan, then we'd be a strong team top to bottom, but still not better than LAK / NYR / PIT.

Without that forward (or someone like Kassian really stepping up in that role), we're pretenders :P

All you have to do is look at our last two playoff series and know that this offensive group is not deep enough nor built the right way to succeed in the post-season.

While their defense is relatively young, anyone who thinks the Rangers' defense isn't good is out to lunch.

They have McDonagh, Girardi, Staal, Del Zotto as their top 4. That's a great top 4, and young. And then they still have Sauer and Stralman. You guys are nuts, or don't watch the Rangers play to know last year their strength was their D and their depth.

I'm not saying the Rangers have defense miles above ours, but they are most definitely comparable to our veteran corps.

Shane Doan said once again that he wants to stay in Phoenix:

“Right now I’m doing everything I can to stay there and that’s kind of my goal,” Doan said in an interview with TSN. “At the same time, I’m having to do some due diligence, now in the fact that the longer it takes the more likely and the harder it seems to be to get a deal done in Phoenix.”

“It’s one of those things. that I understand the fluidity of the market and the way that the market moves, but like I said I’m going to try to give Phoenix every chance I can,” Doan said.

For me it’s going to be about my family and the right situation for us and the right situation for me as a player to have a chance to win and enjoy the game. And I think that’s a big part of it is being in the right spot and enjoying it. There’s obviously a few teams that fit that.”

http://www.nhl.com/i...9175&print=true

While their defense is relatively young, anyone who thinks the Rangers' defense isn't good is out to lunch.

They have McDonagh, Girardi, Staal, Del Zotto as their top 4. That's a great top 4, and young. And then they still have Sauer and Stralman. You guys are nuts, or don't watch the Rangers play to know last year their strength was their D and their depth.

I'm not saying the Rangers have defense miles above ours, but they are most definitely comparable to our veteran corps.

1) Example? Luongo has always talked about how he wants to do what's best for the team, and he respected AV's decision to put in Schneider for 3 games.

2) Ur #2 point was already addressed in #1 so I'm assuming u just put it in there to make ur list look bigger.

3) He didn't ask out because of 3 games on the bench. In fact, it's uncertain whether he actually wants to leave or not. He simply said he'd waive his NTC. And the reason he said this is because he wants to do what's best for the team and he realizes that Schneider might be a better fit in Vancouver than he himself.

4) He's not reportedly steering anything. It's Gillis who's been talking with these teams because those teams are reportedly looking for a goalie. The only thing he's steering is that he wouldn't mind returning to Florida because his family lives there.

5) Think about what happens when u move ur family because of your job. When I was a kid my dad moved us from Vancouver to San Jose and i absolutely HATED it. I pretty much had my life set and then i had to get used to a whole new environment. Luongo has kids too. I'm pretty sure he must've talked to his family about everything before deciding that he wouldn't make them move to Vancouver.

6) Explain how his production has dropped "dramatically" in any way. In Luongo's career regular season stats he has only gone 1 year with a save % of under .913. That season was his rookie season with the Islanders. If you think about it, that's consistency at its finest. Don't bother bringing up playoffs. He was fairly inexperienced when he came from the Panthers to the Canucks. Yes he did amazing in his first postseason but there's a such thing called "beginner's luck". Something Steve Mason and Andrew Raycroft proved to have and Schneider could too. The risk with young goaltenders is pretty high. in '09 and '10 the Blackhawks exposed his inexperience with their huge offensive powers. In 2011 Luongo literally carried the team to the finals. Sure he may have almost allowed the Blackhawks to come back, but in Game 7 he was the reason we won the series and kept us alive in OT. In the Boston series, we only scored 8 goals in 7 games. Even if Luongo played at his best in every single game, we were likely to have lost. 2 of our wins that series came from shutouts. Again, all Lu right there. Last year he allowed 7 goals in 2 games. In Game 1 he was the only player that showed up. Game 2 is debatable. But we only score 2 goals both those games. The only game we won was the game we scored 3 goals. So by that logic Schneider didn't do much better to help win.

7) That contract is actually pretty good compared to Parise, Suter, DiPietro, Bryzgalov, Nash, Crosby, Rinne, and many more for the level he is capable of playing at.

8) Not play the last few years and still get the big bucks? Uhh in case u didn't realize, Luongo played 54+ games in all his years with the Canucks. If by "not play" you mean underperform, I already addressed that in #6.

9) Again, it wasn't a trade request. It was a "I'll do it if u ask me to" thing. The only way his trade value lowered is because of the signing of Schneider implying Luongo MUST be traded. That was Gillis's fault.

10) You repeated the same point twice again. You seem desperate to make ur list longer and it's hard for me to take you seriously. But I'm not tired of repeating myself cuz I'm a great guy like that. He was not pissed off because he didn't get to play 3 games. By that logic, he'd be pissed off cuz he didn't get to play 82 games every season. Ur just speculating that the reason he wants to leave is cuz of 3 games

I also don't see why you're trying to make this a Luongo thread when it's clearly titled "[Report] No Shane Doan Decision For a Few More Weeks- Leaning Towards Coyotes".

Only an ignorant homer would think we're better than NYR lol... even with us having Doan, they're still better.

If we added a good top-6 forward, like Doan, then we'd be a strong team top to bottom, but still not better than LAK / NYR / PIT.

Without that forward (or someone like Kassian really stepping up in that role), we're pretenders :P

All you have to do is look at our last two playoff series and know that this offensive group is not deep enough nor built the right way to succeed in the post-season.

Archived