The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Really? I think a 3rd line made up of Hagelin / Boyle / Pyatt / Kreider is pretty good :P

And PIT has a strong top-3 but not much depth. However, a goalie like Fleury should be able mask those things (he's not going to play like he did vs PHI). Besides, their offense will probably outscore any problems if Sid is healthy.

Did we not go to game 7 against Boston and face two Conn Smythe winning goalies in the last two years in Thomas and Quick? Not to mention our best scorer was out last year and tried to come back when it was arguably too little too late. Also, against Boston we were missing Sammy, Raymond, Hammer and Rome, added with injuries to Kes, Burr and who knows whoever else. Sorry but your argument is completely untenable.

By no means is Boyle a good third line C (however, this is just my opinion). I would take our third line (Higgins X Hansen) any day of the week over that (I don't think there are many third lines I'd take over ours TBH granted Higgins stays there and we find a winger for Kes).

+ I don't expect their fourth line (Rupp-Halpern-Asham) to play any meaningful minutes... :sadno:

Pittsburgh will probably continue to outscore their opponents in the regular season (4-3, 5-4), but make no mistake, it will be a problem come playoff time if they do not address their defense. While I don't expect Fleury to play like that again, you never know, I guess the positive here is that they got a solid back up (Voukon) in case we see another nuclear meltdown.

ok, to your point in number 6, are you kidding me?? you think luongo led us to the finals??!!!did you not watch the games played in boston??!! that's choking if i ever did see it!! when a goalie lets in 8 goals one night, 5 goals another night, and 4 goals in on the night we could have won the cup, you're going to say that he lead us to the finals!!! wow...at least schneider gave us a chance to stay in the games...sure we weren't scoring, but we also wouldn't have had to score 4+ goals to be in the games luongo played. same with the series against LA this year...when lu played, we would have had to score upwards of 3 goals to be in the game, when no one was scoring...with schneids in net we had to score upwards of 1, maybe 2 goals...that's a significant difference if no one is scoring..open up your eyes and watch the games...sure luongo isn't bad during the regular season, he's a great goaltender, but he is not worth the money that he makes here in vancouver and he has been given his chance to bring a cup to vancouver and he hasn't delivered...same kind of idea as to why Philadelphia traded mike richards...if your top players aren't bringing a cup, it's time to move on...the organization sees tremendous potential to win a cup with Schneider in net and it's time for a change.i am not a luongo hater, but i have never been a big fan of his play or of him...yes, he's an amazing person when it comes to the fans and community work, but you listen to him in interviews and it's always about him, and everything is always "i..i..i..."have you listened to schneider in an interview?? "my teammates played really well tonight", "my teammates helped me out a lot tonight"...he's such a class act and i think he will be a fantastic asset to this organization...

The enter key is your best friend, buddy. Also, start organizing your sentences. Using some periods at correct places would also help.

I understand it is an Internet forum and grammar doesn't need to be 100%, but this post is ridiculous. If you want someone to consider your opinion, you need it to be at least half readable.

Only an ignorant homer would think we're better than NYR lol... even with us having Doan, they're still better.

If we added a good top-6 forward, like Doan, then we'd be a strong team top to bottom, but still not better than LAK / NYR / PIT.

Without that forward (or someone like Kassian really stepping up in that role), we're pretenders :P

All you have to do is look at our last two playoff series and know that this offensive group is not deep enough nor built the right way to succeed in the post-season.

Adding Doan does not make Van's offence superior to the NYR. The offensive potential out of that lineup is scary. The edge Van has is in their d-core but saying that you have to also realize that the Ranger d-core has now had playoff experience. If I'm a Ranger fan I'm pretty happy right now. Forget about the UFA's next year and the year after it is about winning the CUP this year.

If Van signs Doan and trades Lu for some forward talent then I like Van's roster going into the season. I stated before that making the CUP finals in the west should be easier than the east. A number of Canucks had 'off' seasons last year. Edler combined with Garrison could be very explosive. The Canuck won the PT with a pretty disfunctional 2nd line which would definitely improve no matter whether Doan was on the 1st or 2nd line. While dreamers have Kassian penciled in on the top 6, I would be very happy seeing him play some serious 3rd line minutes.

I doubt San Jose is in the mix for Doan anymore after this came out today.

Reports have suggested that Doan is seeking a four-year deal worth $30 million, for an annual cap hit of $7.5 million.

An NHL source has informed CSNCalifornia.com that if those demands are true, the Sharks will not be among his suitors, and that San Jose will not offer more than a three-year deal for approximately $4.5 million a season.

Adding Doan does not make Van's offence superior to the NYR. The offensive potential out of that lineup is scary. The edge Van has is in their d-core but saying that you have to also realize that the Ranger d-core has now had playoff experience. If I'm a Ranger fan I'm pretty happy right now. Forget about the UFA's next year and the year after it is about winning the CUP this year.

If Van signs Doan and trades Lu for some forward talent then I like Van's roster going into the season. I stated before that making the CUP finals in the west should be easier than the east. A number of Canucks had 'off' seasons last year. Edler combined with Garrison could be very explosive. The Canuck won the PT with a pretty disfunctional 2nd line which would definitely improve no matter whether Doan was on the 1st or 2nd line. While dreamers have Kassian penciled in on the top 6, I would be very happy seeing him play some serious 3rd line minutes.

Hmmm, I don't know, The first part of that statement (regarding the 30M/4 years) is complete lunacy -- as has been discussed already and reportedly shot down by Doan's agent. What the Sharks are proposing here (4.5M/3 years) is probably about the same we are offering...

Never said adding Doan would make our offence better than NYRs... quite the opposite actually. Read again (unless you were just agreeing with me by reiterating the sentiment).

- Brad Richards is still a top PPG center in the league

- Callahan is their heart and soul guy, like Kesler

- Nash is a beast whose numbers have been stunted because of the crap-hole that is CBJ

- Gaborik is still a top forward

- Stepan is already a 50 point guy in his first two seasons on the big club, a great fit as the 2nd center

That leaves Kreider, Hagelin or (and hopefully not) Doan as the 6th man. Kreider looks like a young phenom and Hagelin put up almost 40 points in under 70 games in his rookie season... we don't need to talk about Doan.

Their offence >>> ours, at least the way it is now

Uhh maybe because they're going to have about 13 UFAs coming up in the next couple of years. I'd imagine they are keen on re-signing the likes of Callahan, Gaborik, Bickel, etc. over giving Doan a ludicrous amount of money, especially when they already look pretty solid w/out Doan.

Archived