The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guest Dasein

I don't know how you can even propose this without seeing the team play. They couldn't score any goals in the playoffs and rode Lundqvist's back until it broke; sure adding Nash has improved them but with their system I wonder how Nash will mesh. The Canucks outscored NYR this year with a hobbled Kesler, a broken down second line, and a stretch of inconsistent play from the Sedins. Don't count us out just yet.

Based on NY's history, if I were Doan, I wouldn't consider going there unless I also got a NMC. Sather would have no bones about burying his ass in the minors or shipping him to Columbus if he didn't play to the level expected or to free cap space to sign someone deemed more valuable.

Never said adding Doan would make our offence better than NYRs... quite the opposite actually. Read again (unless you were just agreeing with me by reiterating the sentiment).

- Brad Richards is still a top PPG center in the league

- Callahan is their heart and soul guy, like Kesler

- Nash is a beast whose numbers have been stunted because of the crap-hole that is CBJ

- Gaborik is still a top forward

- Stepan is already a 50 point guy in his first two seasons on the big club, a great fit as the 2nd center

That leaves Kreider, Hagelin or (and hopefully not) Doan as the 6th man. Kreider looks like a young phenom and Hagelin put up almost 40 points in under 70 games in his rookie season... we don't need to talk about Doan.

Their offence >>> ours, at least the way it is now

theres a rumor on twitter that Canucks and Doan have reached a verbal agreement.... #CantWaitTillMonday

Hockey Rumours @NHL_Trade

#BREAKINGNEWS My source has just informed me that the #Canucks and UFA Shane Doan have reached a verbal agreement. #Wow #StayTuned

Archived