here we go bud:1) how is he a prima donna? this is your personal opinion so ya....I will argue that2)When was he not nice to management? People who are bad towards management are not named Captain and constantly praised by GM's for their character and work ethic.3)It's never been confirmed that he asked for a trade!! he said he would be open to one if MANAGEMENT CAME TO HIM. He has never asked for a trade on TV....so you're wrong....again...4)He has never said that he will only go to one team? All press reportings of him turning down a trade are unconfirmed? Where are you getting your info? Eklund?5)What does his family not living here have to do with anything???? Pointless, random fact if you ask me.6)Luongo was up for the Vezina in 2011 so.......7)His contract is not ideal, but its not as bad as others in the league. His cap hit is reasonable.8)And we are the only team who has done this? This point has nothing to do with Luongo. It's a statement on the current CBA which is being addressed as we speak.9)NO HE DIDN'T!!!! He said he'd be open to it if it were best for the team (not something a prima donna would say). He also said on the CFOX interview that it could be time for him to move on. He has never publicly requested a trade. Get your facts straight before you start claiming that you're some sort of genius.10)STOP MAKING THIS POINT OVER AND OVER. YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT IT.Above I have disproven every statement that you have made. May I just say that for somebody who claims to be right all of the time, you sure are wrong alot!
1. How is he a prima donna? Ha!!! I've listed about a dozen reasons already! And, I shouldn't have to give you more than the one thing he's doing right now: he asked for a trade, made it public and is ensuring we get nothing but crap back for him! That's epic prima donna action right there (and that's only the tip of the iceberg). Luongo's possibly the biggest prima donna we've ever had (along with Krutov, Hodgson and Bure)...
2. When was he not nice to management??? Ha!!! How about ever single second he's been here (from day one, when it was obvious he didn't want to be here - from that deadline I mentioned - from that contract he forced - from those extra minutes he forced us to play him - from threatening to not re-sign whenever management wasn't doing what he wanted). What he put managemment through during his first contract was absolutely ridiculous...
3. Never been confirmed he asked for a trade??? That's a lie - as he did it in public - on television!
4. Yes, the reports seem to be unconfirmed - that doesn't make them untrue. And, if you remember, this is the only one I said was actually arguable (if only slightly) when I mentioned the veracity of those reports.
5. His family not living here - means that Vancouver is not the city he wants to call home. You seriously think that a star player hating his city has no bearing on his team???? Remember Francis and Bibby??? How did that turn out???
6. I say Luongo's been cratering for a year or two - you come back and say that he was pretty good a season and a half ago... Well, that's exactly what I said. He, however, was NOWHERE NEAR a Vezina finalist this year. Which was my point. And, he was better the year before 2011 as well. Again, exactly what I said.
7. Every analyst in hockey seems to disagree with you (and the fact that he's still on our roster seems to prove they're right).
8. No, we are not the only team to cheat on a contract. The point is, it's not the team who cheats (the cheating part is whether or not the player intends to play the last years of his contract - something only Lu knows). So, the Canucks (or whichever team we trade him to) don't get to choose if he plays those years - Luongo does). My point is: cheating is not OK. You seem to be OK with cheating - if others do it too...
9. When a player says he doesn't want to be on your team any more THAT'S A TRADE REQUEST - no matter how he phrases it (and he phrased it in such a way as to make him look better - notice how that's EXACTLY what a prima donna would do?). Period. End of discussion. Remember: he was our captain! Our captain said he wanted to play elsewhere... Is that something a captain should do??? Ever???
10. Again, you can find recordings of it! Just because you don't like a fact - doesn't make it untrue!