Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Sedin's 6th Sense

10 Things Most Americans Don’t Know About America

18 posts in this topic

Good read - thanks for posting.

Good read, most of my time spent in the US has been down the westcoast, never had any issues and met some good people, but it seems the further east you go the more arrogant and true this list becomes. Kind of like Canada with Toronto.

Is this about Canadians, Americans or both?

Good read, most of my time spent in the US has been down the westcoast, never had any issues and met some good people, but it seems the further east you go the more arrogant and true this list becomes. Kind of like Canada with Toronto.

Thank you for posting this. You seem to have put up a lot of thought and effort into it.

I have lived in both Canada and the United States for extensive periods of time. I would like to think my experience may be useful here. Its only one guys experience but I will try to be as objective as one can in matters such at these.

Your post is virtually void of any objective facts . It is a continual scathing indictment that reads like someone who isnt American but raised outside , pointing the finger at Americans without any real experience with them.

Great read, but before the Anti-American, proud Canada comments get out of hand let's ask ourselves are we really any better?

Thank you for posting this. You seem to have put up a lot of thought and effort into it.

I have lived in both Canada and the United States for extensive periods of time. I would like to think my experience may be useful here. Its only one guys experience but I will try to be as objective as one can in matters such at these.

Your post is virtually void of any objective facts . It is a continual scathing indictment that reads like someone who isnt American but raised outside , pointing the finger at Americans without any real experience with them.

I agree. Very well written, and lots of thought was put in, but it seems more of one man's experience rather than a judgement of the society.

Fair enough . I see the effort he put in

My experience has been different. . Over 95% of Americans are regular law abiding easy going responsible folks like you and I Virtually the same as Canadians. .

^

Income sure does affect a lot...I think Canada is currently 3rd in the world for standard of living, Germany is 1st simply because their economy is so advanced and the average kids per women is 1 / controlled country...just that there will be a very high dependency rate though.

Also, I think US is somewhere in the 30's for standard if living, not good at all.

I kept thinking "sounds like Barney Stinson" while I was reading the list (esp. in the first few and the last four).

I hate it when people sterotype people in other cities, that's what people in Vancouver do.

Great read, but before the Anti-American, proud Canada comments get out of hand let's ask ourselves are we really any better?

^

Income sure does affect a lot...I think Canada is currently 3rd in the world for standard of living, Germany is 1st simply because their economy is so advanced and the average kids per women is 1 / controlled country...just that there will be a very high dependency rate though.

Also, I think US is somewhere in the 30's for standard if living, not good at all.

I found a website that says 2.1 children per household in Germany.