The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seven Candidates for Breakout season accorrding to NHL

Trading Hodgson will go down as one of the biggest mistakes in the history of the Vancouver Canucks franchise. We all know why he was traded and that relationships were tarnished. His dad didn't help matters either. But I still feel there could have been another way. I hope I'm wrong on this. I hope Kassian doesn't flop like a dead fish.

Trading Hodgson will go down as one of the biggest mistakes in the history of the Vancouver Canucks franchise. We all know why he was traded and that relationships were tarnished. His dad didn't help matters either. But I still feel there could have been another way. I hope I'm wrong on this. I hope Kassian doesn't flop like a dead fish.

Serious question, what is the definition of a breakout season? I mean, what are the prerequisites to be considered? Like Tavares, did he have too good a year last year to be considered a candidate to have a breakout season this year? At what point does a player have 'too good a year' to be considered a candidate for a breakout season the following year.

May be thinking too hard with this one, but this kind of question always seemed a bit odd to me.

If either Byfuglien realizes that he's hurting the team being on defence or Noel grows a pair and forces him on forward, then I could see Bogosian having a ridiculous breakout year playing alongside Enstrom. He has a cannon of a shot but has never been paired with somebody who can pass well, and Enstrom is one of the best playmaking defencemen in the league.

Archived